Recruiting advice

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by dakota7, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    How do you guys determine which pitches to use for a recruit visit? The obvious ones are matching up "Most" or "Very High" with A's and A+'s, but what criteria do you use after that? For example, I have a guy who doesn't have a 3rd choice meeting the first two best would be a "High" matched with a B or an "Average" with an A. Which way would you guys go? Do you put more value on the recruits importance of each pitch or the actual grade of your pitches?
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Feb 25, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    With all things being equal I would say go with the highest importance to the recruit. If there are multiple ones that match that I go with the one that is higher than the other teams I'm competing against.
  3. justadude

justadude Walk On

Dec 20, 2010
    I have also has success swaying recruits importance levels. Makes for a good visits and overall recruiting down the line when the recruit has high interest levels in all of your schools strengths.
  4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Jul 17, 2010
    My luck with swaying pitches seems to be absolutely terrible so I tend to stay away from that. Usually I go with the high, B in that case. But, if it was above average instead of average I would probably go with the A instead.