Recruiting and Injured Players Thread - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 15, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Recruiting and Injured Players Thread - Season 1

This is the place to talk about recruiting battles, the guy you just signed, or the stud you just lost for the season!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Right off the bat, Florida State fills their concerns with the Offensive Guard position.

Signing both David Newsome (#4) and JUCO transfer Patrick Clark (#8)!

Both could see playing time by their second year on campus.

#4 G, David Newsome, 6'3" 280lbs from Boca Grande, Florida
    Column 1 Column 2
    Pass Block B
    Run Block B+
    Impact Blocking B+
    Strength B-

#8 G (JUCO), Patrick Clark, 6'4" 260lbs from Altadena, California
    Column 1 Column 2
    Pass Block B-
    Run Block B-
    Impact Blocking B-
    Strength B

3. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

When will it show that you signed them on the recruiting board? Week 2?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, they were instant commits. You guys will be able to tell next week.

5. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

In need of a play-making WR, CU hopes it has found one in J O'Neil (WR #46), who signed with the Buffs immediately after being offered a scholarship.

J O'Neil, #46 WR, 6'1" 178lbs, Clinton, Utah
    Speed B+
    Route Running B-
    Jumping B
    Agility B-
    Juking B-

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Coach Papa went out and found 2 young men who didn't take long to decide they want to be a part of his era at NC State.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    Recruit Hometown POS POS Ranking Calibur Height Weight Comments/Key Skills Interest
    Dallas Roberts (JUCO) Hendersonville, TN HB #32 :3stars: 5'9 200 LBS Average running back with B+ speed and average skills. Recruited for depth Committed (WK 1)
    Kurt Roach Jacksonville, NC C #10 :3stars: 6'4 308 LBS Above average offensive linemen with C+ strength and room for improvement with his run blocking. Will not be asked to play right away. Recruited for depth Committed (WK 1)

7. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

One player committed in week one fulfilling my need for a Center. I recived a verbal from a 2 * center. More info to come.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Huskers Updates

Week 1

No commits. Made some quickcalls to a large number of recruits, some of which I now see have already committed to FSU. That's an hour wasted.....lol.

Week 2

Still no commits. The #2 HB in the country is very interested in coming to Lincoln and has scheduled a visit for week 4. We're gonna push hard for a commit out of him.

9. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I had 2 commits in week one,

A three Star SS from Oklahoma who is 6'5 and has B+ speed, and a three star 6'3 255 DE from Kansas.

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Texas Longhorns Secure 1st Commit
    :5stars: Corner Chooses Horns

Sunbury, PA- Local Standout Chad Tyler has chosen to leave Pennsylvania to play his college football in Austin, TX for the Texas Longhorns.

Tyler is a long, lean and athletic corner from Sunbury Central High School. He said it was the easiest decision he had ever made. “I grew up a Texas fan. I grew up watching Michael Huff, Quentin Jammer, Aaron Ross, and guys like that. I see all those guys playing on Sunday’s and playing well, and I want to be a part of that tradition.â€ÂÂ

Tyler is a 6’2†163 pound corner with good speed (B+) and above average cover ability in man and zone (B- on both.) He figures to redshirt his freshman season and then see significant playing time after that. He chose the Horns over Ohio State and LSU.

He is the third 5 star to commit this early in the season joining #1 center and Ohio State signee Luis Mason, and USC signee Dennis Dawson the #3 MLB

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It didn't take long for #30 overall WR Jesse Gunn to decide where he wanted to go. After receiving a scholarship offer in week 3 he instantly committed to the Seminoles. Jesse had also received offers from UCF and Clemson, and was interested in Oklahoma State as well.

#30 WR, Jesse Gunn, 5'10" 180lbs from Sanford, Florida
    Column 1 Column 2
    Speed B+
    Catching C-
    Route Running C
    Catch In Traffic C+
    Spectacular Catch B

12. dakota7

Nebraska Recruiting Update

No commits so far. We have moved into the number 1 spot in the mind of the #2 HB in the country, John McCray. Also #1 for the #2,3, and 5 guards in the country. We've got a couple of visits lined up for week 4.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State Recruiting News​

Week 4 could possibly be the biggest week of the year for the Seminoles in terms of recruiting. The Seminoles host in-state rival USF, and a total of 8 prospects will be visiting for the game. Among others they include:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Pos Rank Pos Name Int
    2 QB Andrew Martin 1st Andrew is a very talented 5 star QB, coming in with a big arm (B+ THP, B THA) and standing at 6'2" 240, he could fit in to Coach K's style very quickly.
    1 DE Desmond Barry 1st This kid is a flat out play maker, and with no user coaches going after him he could be a lock for Coach K if he has a good visit.
    6 CB Jeff Montoya 1st This Hawai'i native not only has the skill sets to make it to the next level, but is the fastest recruit in the nation with a 4.30 40yd. Coach Jman is hot on his trail in second place. GOOD LUCK!
    4 HB Justin Bates 1st He sure does look good on paper, and has B+ speed. I wonder if he is willing to ride the pine for a few years in order to win a National Chamionship.
    5 TE Jason Wilson 1st This guy has definately flown under the radar. B+ catching, A- catch in traffic, and B- route running. We could see him split out wide in certain formations :)

14. dakota7

Week 4 Recruiting

Wish I had more to report, but still no signings. Still #1 on #2HB John McCray's mind, he is coming in for a visit this week, hopefully he signs. Moved up on 2 FS's boards, hopefully can get one of them.

15. dakota7

Week 5 Recruiting

Got our first commit, the #2 rated guard, a road grader who loves to run block, 6'1 321 Bryan Harris from Gunbarrel, CO. Gotta love pluckin players outta your rivals backyard.

16. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Dislike ^

17. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Can't wait to get that Ryan Mallett clone under center in Clearwater....

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I signed everyone of the players listed above..

lol jk

19. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I don't know, bro. Mallett Jr. already took his trips to Austin and Clearwater and didn't sign. To me that means he's looking forward to his week 13 trip to Boulder.

20. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

When I took over in week 4, K-State had these guys already signed.

:3stars: G (#52) Kelvin Quinn - 6'6" 275lbs - Edwardsville, KS

A road grater type of guard. Has great run blocking skills. He will probably ride the bench for a couple of years but should turn out to be a solid contributor.

:2stars: QB (#80) Jeremy Watson - 6'1" 200lbs - Channelview, TX

This guy might've been a fit for the old regime but he's definitely a project at this point. He won't be the lone QB taken in this class.

21. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I'am sure he is looking forward to the "hospitality" of Boulder.... is Gary Barnett still there?

Thats the only way he is going to become a Colorado Buffalo...

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nothing yet for UNC, but I'm in the top 3 for all the guys I'm pursuing and I have most of them in for my week 6 game, so I'm hoping to snag my first signee next week.

23. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

No commits yet for VaTech but looking nice with stud TE our of Louisianna Jimmy Dawson after a so-so visit

24. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Miami (FL) also has failed to sign a recruit thus far. However, there are several players who have the Hurricanes atop their list. Week 8 against the Clemson Tigers will be a big "visit weekend" for the 'Canes, as they have a LARGE group of players visiting.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State signs one of the best recruits in the nation..

Jeff Montoya announced his commitment the morning of the Week 6 Georgia Tech game.

Among his top schools were Maryland, Georgia, Penn State, and USC. He will be looking to take the starting position next year, and be the final piece to the puzzle of a duo of shutdown corners..

With Freshman phenom Greg Reid on one side, and Montoya on the other offenses will have to be extra careful when putting the ball through the air.

Projected to come in at 86 overall, here are some of Montoya's ratings..

CB (#6) Jeff Montoya, 5'11" 175lbs
    Column 1 Column 2
    Speed A
    Man Cvg B+
    Zone Cvg B
    Press B-
    Agility B
    Pursuit B
    Jumping B+