Recruiting and Injured Players Thread - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 11, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Recruiting and Injured Players Thread - Season 2

here we are...

FSU makes their first commit of the season..

After a short discussion, and a scholarship offer...OLB (#2) Christian Rhodes puts on the Seminoles hat!!

OLB (#2) Christian Rhodes 5'11" 220lbs - Deltona, FL :5stars:

Column 1 Column 2
    Speed B
    Tackle B-
    Play Recognition C+
    Block Shedding B-
    Pursuit B+
    Zone + Man suck
    Hit Power B-
    Agility B+

2. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Virginia Tech signs its first recruit of the season the minute they offered a scholly to

wait for it

#1 OT in the country

at 6'4 277 he brings sub 5.0 speed and exceptional blocking accross the board to a team in need of OL help. He is a player Tech is excited about and should make a great contribution on the line for tech and should be a 3 year starter somewhere along the OL.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska got a insta-commit from the #3 DE, a :4stars: white kid (at Nebraska??). He's a 6'3, 245 balanced player, with C+ speed and a lot of B-'s everywhere else. He's gonna red-shirt next year, we're work on some speed drills.

4. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Miami (FL) signs four-star guard Terry Pennington, a strong offensive line prospect who should have at least one year to develop behind star freshman Brandon Washington before competing with Jared Wheeler for the right guard position in 2012.

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I hate you guys, I didn't have anyone higher then a 2 star interested in me as top school to start the season.

6. dakota7

Cornhuskers sign #14 HB, :4stars: Donnie Toth. Toth is a speed back with A- spd rating and B+ Acc. He rates at C+ or B- on just about everything else. He will fit in immediately, in a back-up role and in a slot/option role.

The Huskers are turning the heat up on #1 HB :5stars: Tony Anderson while the Oklahoma coach is out of town on another recruiting trip.

7. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Texas A&M signed 2 players this week.

:4stars: Guard Todd Burton
    6-5, 328, a pretty good player, B on both strength and impact blocking, C- speed

:3stars: JUCO DE Marcus Calhoun
    6-4, 252, B- speed, B- agility, B- power moves

8. dakota7

Nebraska signs Free Safety, :4stars: Brian Fuller, 6'0 182. Fuller is rated as the # 3 FS and #55 overall prospect. He grades out as a B- in zone/man coverage and has 4.46 spd in the 40. There's a good chance he could start his first year on campus.

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

North Carolina picks up 1st Commitment

:4stars: Center picks the Tar Heels

Chapel Hill, NC- Coach Bulgy picked up his first commitment at the University of North Carolina. Center is not a need position with the Heels, but Coach Bulgy says, “you don’t pass on a talent like Jarrett Lucas just because you don’t have a hole in the depth chart.â€ÂÂ

Lucas is a :4stars: prospect out of Schenectady, NY and is the #4 Center in the country according to Rivals.com. He has very good blocking skills, that will allow him to play both guard positions as well as center. He is a better run blocker than pass blocker at this point in his career. He does bring at least a C on his pass blocking ratings, and B grades in run blocking, strength, and run block strength. He also has B- grades in impact blocking and run footwork.

10. dakota7

Nebraska loses Roy Helu for the season, again.

11. hornfaninbama

UNC Picks up another Commitment

:3stars: Quarterback Picks Heels​

Clinton, SC- Local High school hero Jerome Boyd has decided to sign with the North Carolina Tar Heels. Boyd is the #27 QB in the country but comes with high marks in the passing game with a B grade in Throw power and a B- in accuracy. He also has a little mobility with C- speed.

“I am very excited to announce that I will sign with the Heels. I was supposed to go to Chapel Hill for an official visit this weekend, but decided against it, and just decided to give Coach Bulgy my verbal commitment.â€ÂÂ

12. hornfaninbama

Current UNC Commitments

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Name Position Caliber
    Jarrett Lucas Center :4stars:
    Jerome Boyd Quarterback :3stars:

13. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Oklahoma Sooner Commitments

Josh Robinson - G (#1) - :5stars:
    6'5" 358 LBS
    Glendale, WI

Column 1 Column 2
    AWR C-
    PBLK B
    RBLK B-
    IBLK B-
    STR B

Josh is the #1 G in the nation for a reason, he's big and strong, maybe too big. He's coming to campus a massive 358 LBS but our strength and conditioning guru Schmitty should help solidify some of that mass. Only concerns are what his durability will be coming in, has a shot to start for us, but only if he can hold up.

Garrett Wallace - MLB (#3) - :5stars:
    5'11" 239 LBS
    Muskogee, OK

Column 1 Column 2
    SPD B-
    TKL B+
    PLREC C
    HITPW B
    STR B-

This Native Oklahoman and Muskogee Rougher bleeds Crimson, something the likes of Colorado and Texas were foolish enough to find out in their short-lived courting of Garrett. Wallace will be a stud, he's willing to learn from the likes of Austin Box and Travis Lewis next year in redshirt if necessary but could be a hand somewhere for us earlier. This kid will be another Native Son to make the state proud.

Jesse Carter - T (#4) - :4stars:
    6'4" 321 LBS
    Brownfield, TX

Column 1 Column 2
    SPD C-
    PBLK B-
    RBLK B
    IBLK B
    STR B

Jesse was stolen away from Florida State with an insta-commit at the beginning of this week following his visit to the Cotton Bowl to witness the destruction of his home-state Longhorns and is a BIG one for the Sooners...literally. Jesse can do it all as an o-lineman and he can do it mean which is something Coach Jman preaches and loves in the big boys. Though theres a solid chance at redshirt, Oklahoma is suspect on the line and there is still a chance that he could see some time at tackle or guard this next season.

Andy Kilpatrick - C (#3) - :4stars:
    6'1" 291 LBS
    Oxnard, CA

Column 1 Column 2
    AWR C-
    PBLK C
    RBLK C+
    IBLK C+
    STR B+

Andy went with the Sooners in a shocking move after his visit to the Red River Shootout last week. This was a surprise because most thought him to be all wrapped up to go to the Cornhuskers...but not so fast my friend! Andy has his shortcomings in blocking skills compared to some but he makes up for it by being incredibly savvy and strong as a bull elephant. He chose OU because he knows the center spot will be wide open next year as he will likely compete with one returning player and possibly up to 2 more incoming freshmen.

Jon Banks - DT (#5) - :4stars:
    6'1" 281 LBS
    Carol Stream, IL

Column 1 Column 2
    SPD D
    STR B
    TKL C+
    PWMV C+
    FNMV B-
    BLKSH B-

Jon will be a contributor for us down the road, we have tons of depth at the DT spot but just couldn't pass up on the opportunity to nab a kid like this. He's got lots of raw skill that should develop very nicely in out offseason program, he'll look like a different kid when we're done with him.

Erick Payne - SS (#10) - :4stars:
    6'3" 211 LBS
    Del Rio, TX

Column 1 Column 2
    SPD B
    AWR C-
    KL B
    MAN B-
    ZONE C
    STR C-

Erick is another one of those planning for the future guys, he is a SUPER intelligent guy for his age as far as football knowledge goes and has a superb skillset to start training with. The only hitches might be his B speed in the BigXII and his D+ play recognition but we expect to see improvements in both of those sooner rather than later.

BIG, BIG, BIIIIIG week for us as we stole some good ones from a couple of guys. Biggest thing is we're right back in the battle for #1 HB Tony Anderson after passing Nebraska and Miami for the time being. We're pouring alot into this kid and are fortunate he has already take visits to the other two..should be a fun race to sign him for all of us involved!

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Was Jon Banks the DT i was going for?

15. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Not sure to be honest, will check it out when I log back on later.

16. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Mizzou Recruiting Commits

Player Name Position Height Weight Speed Caliber
    Kyle Flanagan (#4) SS 5'11 176lbs B :4stars:
    Mall Hale (#7) CB 6'1 195lbs A- :4stars:
    Blake Randal (#46) WR 6'2 181 lbs B+ :3stars:
    Brandon Richardson (#9) DT 6'4 285lbs D :4stars:
    Calvin Allen (#8) DT 6'5 280lbs C- :4stars:
    C.J. Arnold (#6) TE 6'7 249lbs C :4stars:
    Phil Bostic (#2) MLB 6'0 218lbs B- :5stars:
    Lynn Bell (#23) CB 6'3 175lbs B+ :4stars:

5 Star 4 Star 3 Star 2 Star 1 Star
    Commits 1 6 1 0 0
    Available 3 0 3 0 0

Week 7 Commits:

Kyle Flanagan(SS): Mizzous first committed play of the 2010 season. He is a solid all around SS but will most likely be backup to current FR starter Sam Baker. At 176lbs Kyle is a little smaller than Mizzou would like but he makes up for it with his B+ tackling and C+ hit power. He also has great awareness and play recognition for a freshman.

Week 9 Commits:

Mall Hale(CB): Mall shows excellent speed which gives him an edge in both zone and man coverage both coming in as B. We also like that he is a little bigger than most corners coming in at nearly 200lbs. Expect him to start next year.

Blake Randal(WR): Blake seems to be a very underrated player only being a 3 star. He has decent speed and fairly good hands. Mizzou will redshirt him as he will be low on the depthchart but watch out for him in his SO year.

Brandon Richardson(DT): Brandon shows great strength for a freshman also has B blockshedding. He will be redshirting next year to learn from the 2 seniors.

Calvin Allen(DT): Calvin is a very fast for such a big guy with 72 speed. He is an all around solid DT. As well as Brandon Calvin will be redshirted his FR year. Expect to see these two battle it out for the starter position as Mizzou plans on going to a 3-4 next year.

C.J. Arnold(TE): Coming in at 6'7 250lbs C.J. is a monster with great hands. With no doubt he will be the go to TE in 2011.

Phil Bostic(MLB): Missouris stud recruit this year, Phil is Missouris perfect MLB (next to Jeff Johnson). He has B- speed with C+ play recognition and great coverage. His only weakness is his awareness but it will improve over the years. Expect Phil to be a big impact to Mizzous defence next year.

Week 10 Commits:

Lynn Bell(CB): Lynn is almost exactly what Missouri is looking for a corner. at 6'3 he has great potential to tip many passes. He also has B press and great speed. Expect him to be a top 3 corner by his SO year.

17. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Oklahoma State lands talented dual threat Qb from Utah

QB - Victor Matthews - 6'4" 206 - Spanish Fork, Utah
    SPD - B
    THP - B+
    THA - B-
    AGL - B-
    CAR - C-
    BTK - C-
    TRK - C-

notes: If Victor played in one of the major football states you better believe he'd be a national top 10 player, he has some of the best raw skills i've ever seen for a quarterback last year as a Junor he passed for over 3,500 yards and ran for over 1,500.... he will be given every opportunity to push Kalvin [Culp] next season for the starting position
    - Coach Huronia

The Cowboys also announced another signing, inking Juco OT Joe Jackson from Athens, Texas to a scholarship.

We need to protect our young signal callers, we feel that we are better off going the Junior College rout in finding refined kids who can play right away, rather then trying to develop a younger project at this time. Joe will bring immediate intensity to our front lines and push for the opening spot at Right Tackle next season.
    - Coach Huronia

18. dakota7

I will be pissed if I lose Anderson. I have put about 90 minutes into him every week.......not to mention Oklahoma was CPU controlled week 1 and you missed week 4? altogether........I put almost 3 hours into him this week......so we'll see what happens.

19. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah I noticed him, he is gonna be such a freak, probably 83 overall and a 4 star as i remember

20. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

MLB Luke Lambert is out for 3 weeks, expect to see FR MLB David Perry to step up into that role during the next 2 big games.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State Injury Report

Sr QB Christian Ponder is out for 1 week - strained back
    - Freshman Andrew Martin will start against Georgia, and for as long as Ponder is out.

So HB Lonnie Pryor is out for 3 weeks - bruised shoulder
    - He just took over as the short yardage guy, that duty will go back to Pressley.

Florida State Recruiting News

Florida State signs to more BIG ONES after win over #1 Miami!

DT (#1) Danny Booker, 6'5" 290lbs - Florida

Column 1 Column 2
    Speed B-
    Strength B-
    Tackle B
    Power Moves B
    Finesse Moves C+
    Agility C+
    Block Shedding B
    Pursuit B+

C (#5) Josh Castillo, 6'6" 275lbs - Florida

Pass Block|B
    Run Block|B-
    Impact Block|B
    Strength|B-

Freshman Talk​

In 6 games, the #9 ranked Seminoles have received a lot of help from the Freshman class! The four who were not redshirted have all made starts or are starters this season: QB Andrew Martin, WR Bill Ruffin, TE Jason Wilson, and CB Jeff Montoya.

QB Andrew Martin, 6'2" 240lbs, 80 overall (89 THP, 87 THA)
    >> 27 of 37 for 447 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs
    WR Bill Ruffin, 6'3" 175lbs, 83 overall (96 SPD, 75 CTH)
    >> 22 receptions for 462 yards, 6 TDs, 4 drops
    TE Jason Wilson, 6'5" 220lbs, 81 overall (88 CTH, 92 CIT)
    >> 7 receptions for 53 yards
    CB Jeff Montoya, 5'11" 175lbs, 88 overall (96 SPD, 88 MCV)
    >> 24 tackles, 1 INT, 1 deflection

22. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I should have a lot of commitments next week. I think all but one of the recruits on my big board was present for the thumping I put on Wake Forest.

23. dakota7

Nebraska signed #14 DT:4stars: Dennard McBride. He is 6'3 295 and well balanced. He is most likely redshirt next year and looks to have a big future.

24. hornfaninbama

:3stars: Guard Chooses Tar Heels

Love Stays Close to Home

Hamlet, NC- Victor Love followed his heart and stayed close to home by giving Coach Bulgy and the North Carolina Tar Heels a verbal commitment on Tuesday. Love is a :3stars: rated prospect by Rivals and a :4stars: player by scout.

Love is 6’4†315 pounds and expects to redshirt next season for the Tar Heels. He has B grades on run and pass blocking, B- on impact blocking and strength. Love said he decided to stay close to home instead of moving half way across the country and going to Texas A&M. “When it came down to it I just decided that I wanted my family to be able to see me play every weekend, and not have to watch me on TV.â€ÂÂ

Love Joins a class featuring :4stars: center Jarrett Lucas and :3stars: QB Jerome Boyd. The Tar Heels are still after several high profile targets and hope to sign several of them.

25. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Can't wait for next week gonna have like 5 commits, including a stud 5 star MLB Phil Bostic