Recruiting and Progression surprises...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Jan 4, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Recruiting and Progression surprises...

My biggest surprise of last year's recruiting class was Kevin Hill a 5'11" 205 lb SS that had solid speed and great coverage skills was a 78 SS, but was a 84 CB.

He was 3 star rated SS, and he ends up being the highest rated recruit in this year's class.

Disappointed in a 3 star DE that came in at a 77, and is several years from helping.

Some progression surprises was that my 3rd String QB, FB and a couple of CB's didn't improve at all. Zero. I've seen it happen a few times before, but this was brutal because I need my running QB to have a big progression, and he got a goose egg.

The more I look at this past year's class, the more disappointed in it I become. I missed out on a few playmakers that I really need, and this year's recruiting class has very few playmakers in it.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I ended up redshirting virtually my whole class, except for Marko Mitchell.

He came in a 84 overall WR. The only reason he didn't get redshirted is because he is the fastest player (94) on my team, so he can help out on special teams this season.

Progression was interesting, I had two running backs jump who I anticipated being my new starter...so I have three HB's at 86-87 who will split carries unless someone appears to be more productive. I also had a JR(RS) WR jump into the 2/3 spot on the depth chart...and he is a tall guy who can catch (6'5").

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I had some nice progression in some good places. Kris Hughes and Marvin Patterson received a speed boost. My T Browning jumped from a 92 (+7) to a 99. Got some nice boosts on D too, but I don't think it will be enough. My DT position is absolutely stacked.

As far as recruiting, the nicest surprises were those two DTs that came in at 85 and 83 respectively. TE Shannon Newell PS#4 came in at an 84 and is a welcome addition to a very deep TE group. OLB Kevin Morrow is an 85, but I think everyone expected him to be good.

Very disappointed in T Jackson (76) and DE Ward (74), which were both :4stars:.

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

my QB Ryan Moore had great progression. I think he's a 98 overall now. He went up on THP and THA, pretty pleased.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

My QB Keller went up in throwing power and accuracy to 91 and 91 as a redshirt freshman... Duckett jumped up several points and his elusiveness and accelration each when up +5 which is awesome for me... the two WR's i redshirted from my freshman class each got +5 awareness and +1 speed.... one of them has 85 route running now which is awesome for a frshman... along the line, i moved Tyler Thompson from Tackle to center and he jumped +7 (think i was playing him out of position?) and is now the starter... most of the rest of the guys progressed some but nothin crazy... along the D-Line we are solid but not spectular... my left end Curry had 10 sacks last year, i am hoping for a similar performance... at linebackers 3 of 4 look like monsters on paper as they are rated 91 and above and all have at least 85 speed... my 4th backer is average but fast with 87 speed.... hopefully he can feed off of the other and be productive...

My corners are average, they really didnt progress as well as i thought they would...

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

This class was ok as i got a few players that i like. Rj Bridges came in as a 87 SO CB to go along with Webb 84(he will mostly play as depth as he is a JR), and Thomas 80 to make my CB class prety nice. Anthony Collins came in as a 83 QB with 88 THp and 89THA and will look to start next yr. Cummings is a stud at T coming in as a 86 T.

progression was kind of a let down since Armstrong only went up 2 points after a great freshman year.

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Recruiting:

Good:

HB Patrick Brown comes on at a 85, with 95 speed, he is getting RS this season and will be a force in the big 12 in the near future.

LOLB (FS) Steve Morton - came in at an 83 FS, but made the move to OLB where he is an 84. 87 Tackle, 90 Pursiut, 87 Hit Power, cant wait to get this guy on the field, he will also redshirt.

Bad:

Nothing really horrible, prolly the worst was ATH Adam Pierre, who was a top 20 overall prospect but was 60's in ever position except CB, where he is a 79. I need to stop falling in love with Athletes, because I keep getting burned by them and many of them do not have a natural position.

Progression:

Good:

HB Terrance Woods - came in way under the radar as one of my last recruits last season, went up 5 overall and 2 speed and is not an 87 with 94 speed, him and Brown will be a serious 1/2 punch as some point.

QB Jason Martin - was thinking about giving his job away, but came into his JR season as a 87 with solid passing numbers which is a huge relief because I could not make a pressure pass last season to save my life.

Bad:

F*@kin Cortez Carter - This guy has been disaster from the start. He was a great looking prospect, A speed HB but came in as a JUCO JR and has progressed 1 point in 2 years, he sucks and will not see the field this season.

Backup QB's - none of them really progressed at all, very frustrating, and puts all the more pressure on recruiting a good one.

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Carter should have came to UVA... him and Duckett could have been awesome together.. instead he rides major pineage at Oregon....