Recruiting Banter

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 2, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Recruiting Banter

Rules:
    * You can only sign enough players to reach 70 players the following season (graduating seniors + empty roster spots + players leaving early)
    Note: You can only offer scholarships to this same number of players

* 5-star players MUST start the following season. This means you better do some very thorough recruiting and only recruit 5-star players at positions of need

* There is no limit to 4-star or 5-star players that can be signed, as long as the first 2 rules are observed

* In the offseason players opting to leave early cannot be swayed back. This includes players leaving for the draft and transfers.

I will update this post with scholarships available for each team when I get some time during the week. Penalties for going over your scholarship limit may include losing players you signed, and I will be the ones picking the players that get cut.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Notre Dame came out fast, making a move on the #2 CB available in Chris Brown from Belle Glade, Florida.

6'1" 181lbs

Speed: A
    Accel: A
    Man Cov: B-
    Press: B-
    Jump: B-

While, yes, he's a JUCO player, that doesn't bother me because he will be starting with his incredible ability.

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

As a side note, REALLY pissed that CPU controlled Georgia swiped up the #1 rated QB already. BASTARDS!

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Is Notre Dame really the only school with commits so far? Usually most schools have one by now. I don't have any I was just wondering.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't have any and only 2 5-star players even had Oregon in their top 10. Thank god I'm only using this team for 1 to 1 1/2 seasons.

6. hornfaninbama

Miami Signs First Commit​

:3stars: Karl Welsh Signs With Miami

Wekiva Springs, FL- Karl Welsh jumped at the chance to be the first commit for the Miami Hurricanes this season. Coach Bulgy was said to be very happy when he announced his intentions at a press conference in his high school gym.

Welsh is the #20 MLB in the country. He comes in with B speed, B- Tackling, C+ block shedding, and A- pursuit.

Welsh is expected to redshirt next season, but he does fill a position of need for the Canes who needed 2 MLB for next season.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Uh oh. Notre Dame signs another, this time in a fierce fight over him with Penn State and USC.

The story.

8. hornfaninbama

Miami pulled in 2 commits following a few successful official visits :3stars: TE Willie Key and :4stars: FS Rico Schmidt. I'll get write ups in tonight.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Southern Cal Recruiting

:5stars: #2 HB Isaac Harris 6'1 205 A spd B+agl A acc
    :5stars: #1 OLB Scott Williamson 6'0 218 B spd/play rec/pursuit/agl
    :4stars: #6 CB Jeff Holley 5'11 173 A spd B zone cvr B+ acc
    :4stars: #7 QB Phillip Hogan 6'1 192 B+thp C+ thacc
    :3stars: #30 WR Cedric Carter 6'1 173 A- spd/agl B+ Juke/Stamina

Harris and Williamson will be starters next year

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think Williamson was only :5stars: recruit who had Oregon in his top 10 and I couldn't even sign him. I do have a few decent :4stars: recruits who signed but recruiting with Oregon is brutal.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Another recruit for Notre Dame. This time, a really kick ass :5stars: athlete who could probably play three different positions!

The Story

12. D Shiznit 005

D Shiznit 005 Walk On

since i'll be taking over a team with some recruits already signed is it recquired that the 5 stars start next year for me or whatever?

i'm just not sure that i can release them from their scholarship and start off new with some players and still get a decent class

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Not sure what Brave has decided, but I think you unfortunately have to lay in the bed that was made for you. Those guys gotta start... Or, at least, that's my feelings on it.

14. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

your only commit is a :3stars: kicker that was committed when i took them over

15. D Shiznit 005

D Shiznit 005 Walk On

i should be fine then

JW but could i start the freshmen his 1st year then not start him his sophmore year is that allowed?

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah your team is ok, it is the new Texas owner that has a problem. He has 8 :5stars: player signed for next season, almost all on defensive side of the ball.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oregon Recruits:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Stars Name Pos Rank Notes
    :4stars: Brian Lewis MLB #3 A- Pursuit; B- Tackle, Hit Power, Agility
    :4stars: Derrick Ingrahm G #6 B Run block, Impact blocking, Strength, RB Strength
    :4stars: Shawn Evans WR #5 B+ Speed; B Route running, Spec catch, Release, Agility
    :4stars: Jerome Richard WR #7 B+ Speed; B Agility; B- Spec catch, Jumping, Break tackle
    :4stars: Derek Chambers HB #18 A Agility; A- Acceleration; B+ Speed; B Stiff arm; B- Juke move
    :4stars: Adam Parsons QB #9 B Throw power; B- Throw accuracy

I really like Evans (#5 WR) and Chambers (#18 HB) could be decent if he was given a couple years to work on his flaws. The QB would never ever see the field and he is merely a positional need filler.

18. D Shiznit 005

D Shiznit 005 Walk On

i would do a recruiting thing as well but i'm not sure on how to make it look like yours so if you could give me a little insight that'd be a huge help

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

<table>Stars | Name | Pos Rank | Notes
    :4stars: | Brian Lewis | MLB #3 | A- Pursuit; B- Tackle, Hit Power, Agility
    :4stars: | Derrick Ingrahm | G #6 | B Run block, Impact blocking, Strength, RB Strength
    :4stars: |Shawn Evans | WR #5 | B+ Speed; B Route running, Spec catch, Release, Agility
    :4stars: | Jerome Richard | WR #7 | B+ Speed; B Agility; B- Spec catch, Jumping, Break tackle
    :4stars: | Derek Chambers | HB #18 | A Agility; A- Acceleration; B+ Speed; B Stiff arm; B- Juke move
    :4stars: | Adam Parsons | QB #9 | B Throw power; B- Throw accuracy
    </table>

For the tables you would use the above format except I altered it so I could show how it works replace the <> in <table> and </table> with these symbols [ ]

For the star symbols the code is : 4stars : : 5stars: etc but remove the spaces.

You can also see the code if you click quote on a thread that uses BB Code.

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Notre Dame signs their 4th recruit; a :4stars: SS who could also play OLB.

The Story

21. hornfaninbama

Miami Has Big Day

Canes Haul in 6 Recruits

Coral Gables, FL- Miami’s coaching staff announced the commitments of 6 players following their visit to see the Canes defeat rival Florida State.

:3stars: MLB Karl Welsh resigned with the Hurricanes. Welsh committed to Miami following the loss to Ohio State and quickly changed his mind. Welsh eventually soft committed to Wisconsin, before finally coming back around to Miami. Welsh is 6’2 230. He has B speed and B- tackle, but he really shines in pursuit where he grades out at A-.

:3stars: TE Donald Smith had offers from 3 other schools; Florida, Clemson and USC, but chose Miami because of pro potential. Smith is 6’4 256 and has B- speed, catching and catch in traffic. He looks to be another TE in the mold of Jeremy Shockey or Kellen Winslow.

:4stars: FS Kenard Taylor likely won’t play the same position in college. Taylor is the #8 FS in the country but looks more like a linebacker to Miami’s staff. He has B- speed, tackle, man and zone coverage, play recognition, hit power and pursuit. He scores a C+ on block shedding and a C on awareness.

:4stars: Steve Higgins is going to be a strong safety, the question is will he be a great safety like Ed Reed or just another player? Higgins has good speed and zone cover skills, and B+ in hit power. He has some interesting skills, it will be fun to watch him grow up some.

:4stars: HB Sean Johnson is a mighty mite runner who is more punishing than his 5’8 184 pound frame would suggest. He still has the speed (B+) you would expect from someone his size, but he combines a powerful run game to go with it. He scored a B- on breaking tackle and carrying, B- on elusiveness. He scored better with a B in agility and spin move and a B+ in stiff arm and acceleration.

:4stars: T Ron Moore Moore is a player who will clear the way for Johnson. Moore is 6’5 309 and scores a B+ in run blocking and strength, and a B in pass blocking. He figures to start next season unless Miami is able to secure the commitment of Spencer Brooks.

22. hornfaninbama

Miami Hauls In :5stars: OL

Spencer Brooks Joining Miami

Carrollton, GA- The #2 tackle in Russell Athletics Top 100, Spencer Brooks announced his intention to sign with Miami in an announcement at his high school gym on Monday.

Spencer Brooks will be a starter on the offensive line for Miami next season, due to his :5stars: status. Brooks is big at 6’3 313 and brings decent blocking skills (B-) in both the run and the passing game. His footwork is outstanding especially in pass protection (B+). He has solid (B) impact blocking and strength to go along with the strength (B) in the run and pass game. He will need to seriously work on his footwork in the run game (C+) but as a bright player (Awareness: C) we expect him to pick it up fast.

Brooks commit puts a hold on Miami’s recruiting, until the offseason period. Miami’s first class under Coach Bulgy is first class. It is currently ranked at #3 in the country behind #1 Texas and #2 USC. There will be a special section coming over the next two weeks with an in-depth look at this year’s current commitments.