Recruiting Basics

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by 1ke, Jul 3, 2009.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Recruiting Basics

I just wanna make sure i got this correct and down. That way i can burn it into my head and wont have to worry about it when the time comes. For our dynasty.

We can recruit the number of players we have leaving. So 14 seniors, and 1 junior leave, we offer 15 right?

And we can only recruit a set number of 4 and 5 star players right? Or is it 4 star players are free to go after for any amount, but he 5 star players are limited to 1 or 2.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If you have 16 players leaving you can recruit half that number in 4 stars - 8 4 stars.

You said something about a junior leaving, you can recruit for juniors you think will transfer or go pro...but you better be right. you know what im saying?

Don't sign anymore guys than you are allowed to.

If you have 16 seniors...a junior who is leading the heisman race..(17 players who will leave ..MOST LIKELY)

you can recruit 9 4 stars, and the rest 3 stars.

add in this..
    • Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player
    and you do the math..

If you have the same scenario...16 seniors and 1 BA junior, you showed up for all your user game, won a bowl game, and didn't violate the rules. You're class could look like this: 17 leaving: 1 5 star, 11 4 star, 5 3 star or under.

Of course, it doesn't have to look like this, but that is what you are allowed to do.

If you go over the roster limit of 70...you will be docked 5 recruiting hours for every person you go over.

So, if I had 74 over my roster because I offered too many scholarships and really didn't pay attention...I would lose 20 hours of recruiting time and you aren't allowed to spread it out...so basically, I wouldn't be able to do any recruiting week 1 or 2..which is crucial, so don't break rules

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I just realized that the penalty for going over the recruiting limit wasn't posted...

So I'll do that right now

edit: yeah i did, it was there, rule #1

1. Players must limit each year's class to the number of players leaving in that same year. Going over 70 players is penalized by a loss of five hours of recruiting time per player over. Penalty is enforced from the first week until the time expires. Player may not spread out their penalty hours.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Excellent, thank you, I got it now!