Recruiting Battles

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the recruiting battles heading into main thrust of recruiting season.

MSU is fighting for:

#1 HB Kirby Barber: Michigan and OU seem to be falling out of the race
    #2 WR Aaron Harvey: Michigan is right on their heels
    #4 WR Nate Thompson: MSU and OU are right behind Texas for this 6'7'' freak
    #2 OLB Nick McDaniel: MSU is in front of Michigan while OU slips further behind
    #3 G Kevin Barnes: Auburn is leading MSU and CU
    #9 CB Champ Larkin: MSU is a hair in front of Ohio State
    #3 MLB Tommy Smith: MSU is a half-day's worth behind Ohio State

That's a lot of Michigan and OU at the top-end and a little Ohio State at the tail.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Wait till you see the class I'm pulling in, sport.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

The spirit of this post was to highlight your recruiting battles and tell us about the schools you're fighting - not to gloat about the 16 5-star guys that want to walk on at UF.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

No one is revealing their recruiting battles! :D

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

The biggest battle I am in right now is for Charles Ray, the #2 DT. It will come down to Florida and Michigan. He will visit Gainesville next week for the LSU game.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Wyoming and Stanford are battling it out for the #7 Athlete, 5-star Braylon Richardson. Richardson is a big strong pocket passer that will fit well in Coach David's Air Raid offense and the rumor is if he decides to take his talents to The Farm, Coach Alexander will run a dual quarterback system. At one point or another this season, he's told recruiting websites that each school was the favorite. Last week, he was on the sidelines as Stanford beat Nevada 34-17, giving the Cardinal a slight lead. This week, he will be in Cheyenne to watch the Cowboys, fresh off of their upset of the defending national champion Colorado Buffalos, take on Missouri. Richardson is close to making a decision, a good visit this weekend could be enough to put him over the top and get him to commit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

[​IMG]
    OSU's Major Recruiting Battles​
    We are in decent shape with some of these guys, but it is not looking so hot for a couple as well. For some reason, Cincinatti and the University of Ohio have been whooping me for the recruits I compete with them for. ​
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Run is taking back Ohio!

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

MSU does, in fact, lose 6'7 freak Nate Thompson to OU. MSU's top WR recruit Aaron Harvey had this to say:

"It's too bad. We had a great time together during our visit and I looked forward to having him drawing attention on the other side of the field."

The Spartans sill have plenty to be excited about with two of the top recruits (Harvey and HB K Barber) already committed. MSU is still in tight battles for the following guys:

Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 9.28.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 9.30.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 9.30.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 9.29.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 9.29.01 AM.png

11. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Looks like you took a nice lead now, it will take a good visit for us to pull him in.

The Cowboys might even cancel his trip to Laramie tonight at the last second.

12. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Cut him off. if he doesnt want to be a cowboy, break up with him first.

13. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Doent look good for Blue on Ray. i thought for sure after Bits signed Kaliff that he would be mine.

14. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

The rich get richer

• Like Like x 2
  15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

We decided to stick the path on Richardson. He had a great visit but Stanford still holds a slight lead.

• Like Like x 1