Archived Recruiting Buzz - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Recruiting Buzz - Season 2

The talk of this years recruiting trail begins with :5stars: ATH Tyrone Gray. The #16 overall prospect is being heavily recruited by many of BCS Chaos' stalwarts. The rundown goes like this: Florida, Ohio State, LSU, USC, Florida State. The reason so many schools are fighting for Gray is that he is basically an ideal WR. He is 6'6" 213 lbs with A speed, B catching, and B- route running. Any school would be lucky to have him, and this biased reporter certainly hopes that LSU is able to pull it off.

[​IMG]

2. Maximus21

I would like to take this moment to congratulate Ohio State on signing :4stars: CB Jeremy Noble.

[​IMG]

His combo of A man coverage, B zone coverage, A+ spd, B+ acc, C tackling (unusual for a corner), and B+ play recognition are abilities of a CB that should be ranked much higher than #77 overall by ESPNU 150.

Personal note: LSU came in second so I hope he breaks his collarbone or something.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Nice work Maximus. You betta call Tyrone, because he told me he wants to be a Florida Gator.

4. Maximus21

With LSU only returning 1 QB, FR(RS) Zach Lee, we are in desperate need of several QB recruits. This is where hopefully :5stars: QB Adam Fitzpatrick comes in. The product of Del City, Oklahoma has not signed yet and Oklahoma is second on his list. LSU has a bit of a lead in the race and a visit coming in Week 7 for the Kentucky game. Oklahoma has a visit scheduled for Week 9 so the LSU staff hopes that their visit will seal the deal with the dual-threat QB.

[​IMG]

LSU is still targeting other QBs as backup plans, but Fitzpatrick is our main hope this year.

5. Maximus21

Wouldn't be the first time a youngster was blinded by no rules and regulations whatsoever. It is tough to compete with that.

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

LOL betta call tyrone....

I think UF will get em. But Fitzpatrick is looking like he's going to be a beast.

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I stopped recruiting tyrone when i dropped to 4...what a p#### lol

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

That hurts my feelings, dog.

9. Maximus21

All's fair in love and war.

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

It's all good. Although Florida is an A rated academic institution, we do like to greet our recruits with the phrase "hookers and blow."

11. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

This is why their athletes stalk and threaten to kill the women on campus lol

12. Maximus21

Big shock everyone, but ATH Tyrone Gray has committed to Florida. It wasn't hard enough to stop them so I'm glad they finally pulled in some talent.

QB Adam Fitzpatrick (JUCO - SO) has a soft commitment to LSU and a visit this week. I hope he enjoyed the win over Kentucky.

13. Maximus21

Today we're profiling :5stars: HB Jordan Rooney

[​IMG]

Rooney, the #4 overall prospect, signed with USC. His impressive skills will endear him to the Southern Cal faithful. His A spin and juke moves will undoubtedly remind the fans of Reggie Bush. He doesn't have good long speed (B-) but makes up for it with A- acceleration. If that wasn't enough to make you think he's good, the 6'2" 196 LB back also has B+ btk and B+ elu. For a school with the history at the HB position like USC, Rooney has his work cut out for him.

When asked why he chose USC, Rooney had this to say:

"I really didn't want to stay home, even though Wisconsin is a great school. I thought about Michigan for a long while, but I decided that following in the tradition of the great Trojans before me was the best choice for me. This institution produced Marcus Allen, O.J. Simpson, Frank Gifford, Reggie Bush, and so many other greats, how could I pass that up?"​

14. Maximus21

Likely adding to Florida's stockpile of talent is :5stars: TE Marcus Hill.

[​IMG]

The 6'6" 247 pound behemoth is the #1 recruit this year. He is probably already better than UF's current TE's, so as coach of LSU I'm so excited about this development.

Florida State is 2nd in the Marcus Hill derby, but UF pretty much has it wrapped up right now. ​

15. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

This is nice man. I didn't even see this when I got the go-ahead from Jerzey to do the recruiting thing. I think i'm going to switch over to something else next season so you can keep this up. It looks really good, and I like the quotes and your analysis.

16. Maximus21

We could both do it since there is so much to recruiting. I think you're style is better than mine, all i did was copy the pics from the ea site. I'd like to get involved in the stats and record keeping also because we haven't really done that yet.

17. ThePaw

Well alright man just let me know. If you want to continue doing what you're doing then that's fine and I understand. You were doing it first. If you want to do stats then that would be awesome. Hell, if you want to collab and do one big recruiting project then I could do that as well.

18. Maximus21

Collaboration is good with me. I really like the stuff you were putting together and if I can just make it easier for you then that would be good.

19. ThePaw

Alright cool, but how would we collaborate. Since you said you liked the template i'm using then I could still do that, and you would do stats or what?

20. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

You dont have to worry about looking at the Illini walkons from here on out