Recruiting by Position

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Jmustang1968, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    Well, I started mentioning this in the recruiting thread and figured it could make a good topic for discussion.

Which positions have been tough or easy for you to recruit in this dynasty this year?

For me QB, HB, DE (I pass up awesome DEs all the time because I am consistently overloaded at the position), T (most of my linemen are converted tackles), WR (but not the past couple seasons), MLB, FS have been my easier targets

FB, TE, WR the past few seasons, G, C, DT, CB, and SS (most of mine are converted FS) have been trouble spots for me

OLB is the only in between as it goes up and down. Most of my good OLBs werent 4 stars but 3 star guys who came in real high (76) as freshmen. Brown was one of these and current OLB Williams.

Notable recruits by position
    QB - :4stars:Hodges - 4 year starter and holds NCAA and team passing records
    :4stars:Flores - current starter and 93 ovr Jr Rs

HB - :3stars:Bullock - 1000+ yards 4 seasons, all time school leader
    :4stars:James - 2 year starter before graduating early, broke single season school rushing record

WR - :4stars:Martin - single season receiving yards and TD record for school, Heisman winner
    :4stars:Chambers - Heisman winner
    (Manson would get mention, but I inherited him as a freshman)

OL - :4stars:G Latimer - 93 ovr Jr Rs, 4 year starter

DLine - :4stars:Jefferson - 12 sacks freshman season and projected 4 year starter
    :3stars:Williams - 3 year starter and 10+ sacks 2 seasons

LB - :4stars:MLB Morris - current starter and impact player, 4 year starter
    :3stars:OLB Brown - 2 year starter and won Nagurski award

DB - :4stars:CB Perry - current and projected 4 year starter. 85 ovr soph
    :4stars:FS Hawk - 94 ovr Jr Rs, Thorpe award winner
    :4stars:SS Hollins - one of the best defenders to come to Miss St, won a few awards and 4 year starter
  2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Feb 10, 2009
    Like i said in the other thread at Kansas State, i coudl grab WRs whenever i wanted, but at Georgia.. not so much really struggling....

I have been able to get corners, safeties, and d lineman pretty easily at Georgia.... but i have struggled to get HBs, WRs and outside backers for some reason... hoping that shit can turn around...
  3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    I have had no troubles bringing in offensive lineman....which has enabled me to be dominant on the ground for the last 3 seasons.
  4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Feb 10, 2009
    or any 4 or 5 star recruit from Georgia.....[​IMG]