Recruiting Central 2013

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Jul 16, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

Classes and top 25

Hold

3. KnightNoles

analysis to come

Hold

4. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Quarterbacks | Athletes
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Red cutoff for E11
    Yellow Boxes indicate QB attributes/skills
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This looks to be a good class for quarterbacks this time around. I don't buy Ernest Young being the top signal caller and would go with Wilson or Riley and also the three Athletes as Whitlock would be out for the top spot. Young has his mobility along with Wilson but Riley will be a straight pocket passer. All the athletes of course have some mobility but Williams and King won't be able to maneuver like Morris and Whitlock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I really wanted Wilson but he's going to OSU or Michigan for sure. He's one of those rare 95 THA QBs with mid to high 80s speed, agility, and acceleration. It was a sad sight to cut from my board.

6. chance17

chance17 Walk On

The computer is going to dictate who we get for the first few seasons, but I think we'll turn the tides after we start getting those extra points. I guess you scouted him and he wasn't a bust. I haven't seen a lot of busts yet in the top 150. I'm just lucky to only have 6 scholarships to give out this first season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I didn't unlock everything but based on what I've seen he should be great.

To be honest, I only even looked at two or three 150 guys so I have no idea what the top of the class looks like. I have 18 scholarships to give out and didn't get much preseason interest, so I'm just looking for decent fillers.

8. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Florida State Recruiting Update

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A three team race with a wildcard Cincinnati team that must be able to offer Carlton a lot of playing time. Georgia currently leads at this time and will go ahead and project them in locking Mr. Phillips up. Coach_III

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]----[​IMG]

Trent King the #4 Athlete is down to a two team race, with LSU and FSU with Texas being a distant almost 2,000 points behind. Trent can do just about everything but looks to be projected as a QB at the college level. Not sure what LSU, Coach MarkyMark67 , plan to do with him as neither do I.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A four team battle for James Russell is currently being duke'd out and the Auburn Tigers are currently throwing the best punches with Florida ( jusblaze09 ), Notre Dame and Florida State trailing. A wide out that can get off the line quick and keep some of his top end speed while running routes is very valuable and these four teams have recognized Russell's talents. The race for his signature will surely heat up some more during the season.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

VaTech recruiting update............nothing to report.

I have only a handful of 4 star players even interested in my team, im hoping to start setting up some visits after we advance as im leading in about 10 of my recruits. Out of all the guys i scouted i had one gem, but i got mauled in recruiting so i just let him go, i had 2 busts unfortunately a nice 4 star MLB that i was first on his list ended up dropping 7 points overall to a 66 which really sucks considering thats one of my big needs. Looks someone is going to have to move from the outside to the middle this offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  10. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Dead silence...

Anybody have anything to talk about on this front? I'm thinking we'll start to see some commitments in the next week or two. A couple of my recruits are at 85%+ lock, so I think that means they're close.

I have 18 scholarships to offer but I know that is a pipe dream unless I offer to some bad players. I'm going to shoot for 13-14 this year if possible. How do the numbers look for everybody else?

11. KnightNoles

I expect this to heat up here soon!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Earnest Young isn't my kind of QB- but you can bet your ass he will play for Bama and be a freak of nature while doing it. Don't be surprised if he leads the charge from day one.

Also, some big time offensive lineman look to continue the Bama trend if we can close on them.

Finally- we are fucked at FS...

• Like Like x 2
  13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Got some visits coming up here in week 7, not really a 100% sure what im doing on the recruiting front, but ill post whose coming in

14. chance17

chance17 Walk On

My board is solid gold :cool: My strategy for recruiting has been money. Next year, I have 18 leaving unless I let some guys declare for the draft. If I let some go early, I'll probably be better off.

15. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

Have alot visiting during the Vandy and MSU game. Wont lock any till then.

16. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Doug Williams
    Wide Receiver | Possession
    [​IMG]
    Home Cockeysville, MD​
    Height 6-1
    Weight 184
    Caliber :4stars:
    Rank #227 ( #40 WR)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The race for Doug Williams the stud WR from Cockeysville, MD is starting to heat up. He has narrowed his list down to the Terrapins and Hokies. Clearly staying in the DMV area is important to him.​

Wesley Kane
    Athlete
    [​IMG]
    Home Annapolis, MD
    Height 5-10
    Weight 219
    Caliber :4stars:
    Rank #49 ( #16 ATH)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The race for Wesley Kane is getting interesting. He has narrowed his list down to 5 schools. The 4 star athlete projects as a powerful offensive weapon for whomever is able to land him

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Miami lands two. I'll update sometime soon.

18. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Miami Adds 2
    4-star tackle Jason Griffin chooses in-state Miami. He will likely come in and redshirt in year one and get a crack at the lineup as a RS freshman.
    griffin.jpg
    Linebacker Joe Robsinson has given his commitment to the Hurricanes after an early visit. The 3-star Kentucky product will most likely redshirt and sit a year before having a chance at significant playing time.
    robinson.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'll update Miami's new recruits after the next week or two. I have a feeling I'll close out some more contracts scholarships within the next week or two.

20. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Closed the deal on half of my scholarships. I'm sure there are better prospects, but these guys are solid and will be starting in the future.

#9 tackle William Doyle will be catching a red shirt and will probably get a chance at left or right tackle his third year.
    [​IMG]

Luke Williams is Dylan Thompson with a touch of defensive ability. He should also start with a red shirt on in spring unless Dylan Thompson decides to cut out early for a shot at the NFL.

[​IMG]

If you squint, you might mistake Jason Russ for Vince Wilfork. He's the same build and rough skill set, but far from a finished product. He will also come in and take a year to catch up with his new teammates before seeing action.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's three of my six scholarships. Can't wait until we start seeing our recruits make some starts and have an impact.

• Like Like x 3
  21. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'm waiting on a couple guys that I may or may not get to make a big recruiting post. I really like several of the guys that I have signed so far, though. It looks like I might end up filling all of the 18 scholarships somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  22. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

9 Scholarships left after these 3 sign on to be Tar Heels next season

Cox.jpg

Christian Cox will join the Heels next season. After seeing his skills he can become the next gun slinger for the Heels. Could even catch or play defense. The coaches will have to decided were the weaker part of the team next offseason to put him were he needs to be.

Mills.jpg

Big offensive tackle Sheldon Mills also becomes a Tar Heel. The Heels are looking into the future with this prospect.

Parker.jpg

Last but not least, Evan Parker becomes a Heel. Adding some depth for a young looking linebacker corps, Parker will more than likely be redshirted his first season on the team.

• Like Like x 3
  23. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Tar Heels Recruiting Update

Adam Walker.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ben Cade.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Derrick Abrams.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jacob Britt.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jason Brown.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Joel McBride.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Raymond Ball.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Vincent Tatum.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG] Recruiting Update [​IMG]

Chad Clark (#2 DE) 6'2 232 - Upper Providence, PA

Clark is very undersized to play in Bama's 3-4, but could make a huge impact rushing the passer in some sort of specialty package. There is talks that he has the ability to play linebacker, but the question will be whether or not he can cover (especially being in the SEC). He is talented and could maybe get involved (and make an impact) early, but a redshirt is likely.

David Murphy (#4 T) 6'8 290 - Clifton, CO

Murphy is an absolute mammoth of a high schooler at 6'8 and nearly 300 pounds. Look for him to be the next great offensive lineman to come out of Tuscaloosa. A redshirt is likely so he can reach his full potential on an already deep offensive line.

Matt Ramsour (#1 C) 6'1 277 - Sheffield, AL

A lifelong Tide fan, Ramsour will get his chance to put on the crimson and white and play for his home team. He is the number one center in the class, and should fall right in line with Murphy to help move towards another great offensive line unit.

• Like Like x 2
  25. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Week 9 Miami Update

boyd.JPG
    Marcus Boyd is a key recruit at a much needed position. It might sound strange to say a center was a top priority, but this guy definitely was. He'll be the starter his second year on campus.

clarke.JPG
    The Miami native always knew where he wanted to play college ball. After receiving an offer from coach Glisan, Clarke wasted little time before committing.

engel.JPG
    Dude's a beast. With speed, acceleration, agility, etc. all in the 80's and receiving skills in the 70's, this guy is easily my favorite player of the class so far. Not to mention a 6-6 260 lbs frame--wow. He'll spend a few years wearing the U on his helmet before jumping to the big dogs. The scouting services really missed on this guy.

goss.JPG
    Goss is a depth player that won't see the field for several years. He'll definitely redshirt and probably ride the pine for two or three years before seeing any real playing time. His high school teammates call him, "Psycho." Probably because of the mohawk and multiple ejections throughout his high school days...

haynes.JPG
    Haynes is a soccer player that only recently decided to give the pigskin a try. Luckily for him, the Hurricane's staff loved his leg strength enough to offer him a full ride. He'll have the luxury of redshirting a year before taking over punting duties.

owens.JPG
    This guy blows and is lucky to receive an offer from Miami. Somehow he received a ton of offers from 4-star CPU schools, but he's a special team lifer.

taylor.JPG
    It's odd to say that coming to Miami will be a scenic downgrade, but this kid from a resort town will have to cope with it. However, he's a lot more than just a beach goer--he's a hell of a football player. The big frame and hard hits have many people comparing him to the late great Sean Taylor.

tyler.JPG
    Depth guy--not much else to say. He'll come in and redshirt and eventually be passed by better recruits.

• Like Like x 1