Recruiting Central 2017

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

Top 25 Classes
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. KnightNoles

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Notre Dame with only 16 scholarships to fill this season, hauls in 4 BIG recruits during their week 1 calls. I'll post more info after the advance.

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    The streak continues of 0 instant commits.

6. KnightNoles

On the Recruiting Trail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If there is a weakness on our defense, linebacker is the position. Trent Smith will challenge for playing time and will add solid depth. We would have most likely put a redshirt on him but in the process of our call we didn't scroll far enough and promised him solid playing time in his first year on campus. So needless to say he will get game experience in some hopefully lopsided wins.

[​IMG]

A position change might be in store for Jackson as Tackle and the Guard spots look to be locked up for the time he will be on campus. With the graduation of Center Eric Watson and depending on the development of back up Danny Timmons, Derek may find himself starting as a true freshman.

[​IMG]

7. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

[​IMG]
    Recruiting 2017
    [​IMG]
    First to sign with Oklahoma State

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

9. chance17

chance17 Walk On

First commitment of this year's recruiting class for the Gamecocks. With five offensive linemen graduating (4 of them projected to be drafted), there is a definite need for some bodies in the trenches next year.

[​IMG]
    He's already at the right weight for his frame, but still will benefit from time in the weight room. His technique is good, especially considering the competition in the region he's from. Not able to consistently pull with quickness; will probably see a move to OT.
    1 of 20 scholarships given

10. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Hiding his ratings I see. Hmmmm

11. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Haven't scouted him enough; I think he's going to be a 76-77, but I have other fish to fry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

derrick smith.jpg
    OU's first commit. Smith comes in as depth and not much more. He'll see a redshirt and time on the bench, but it was important to get a commit right away since the Sooners will look to add 4 or 5 O-linemen this year. 1/17 offers filled​

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ND lands another!

Capture.PNG

14. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Those guys with high spectacular catch are sick in this game. You might as well just call it the playmaker rating, because it seems like there catch or CIT can be 60 and it doesn't matter. That's why my guy Chad Goolsby gets the ball thrown to him; I know he will make up for placement and come away with the ball almost every time.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Look at his coverage skills though, If I can land this WR from TN I might have to put him at CB instead. I've already signed one WR in this class and it's not a "need" position for me this season as where CB is. We will see come the end of season.

16. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Man, I don't even believe the coverage skill ratings matter anymore. My starting corner has 99 coverage in man and zone and can't cover for shit. See Greg Parker on my roster. Gets beat deep every time at the end of games, even when I have coverage set to conservative and he's never bumping b/c his press is low. Also, never jumps a route like I see other guys' corners doing (psychic reads on outs or the overpursuit on curls that is broken as hell). I find the defensive players almost seem interchangable at a certain point, but then again my guys aren't 99 ovr.

• Like Like x 1
  17. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    You're NOT getting the WR from Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't think either of us will tbh

19. KnightNoles

On the Recruiting Trail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With 3 RS Juniors and a Senior on the current roster at DT, Benjamin was a very important recruit in this cycle. His commitment allows the Florida State staff to go out and put other time into recruits that need some more attention now that Mr. Thompson has given his Seminole vow. Ben should challenge to start and will play significant minutes in his freshman year, quite possibly why he chose FSU over ND, Boise State and Colorado.

[​IMG]

20. KnightNoles

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Some get lucky

22. chance17

chance17 Walk On

South Carolina gets a bunch of commits on week 7 visits.

[​IMG]
    Tall receiver with good top end speed.​
    [​IMG]
    Great blocker and pretty good receiver.He may end up as a FB if I can't get anyone else or I may move my worst​
    TE to FB depending on how good of a runner this guy is.​
    [​IMG]
    Lots of mobility for a guy his size. Could play anywhere on the line with his physicals.​
    [​IMG]
    A bust technically, but still a top prospect from a key state in South Carolina's recruiting strategy.​
    [​IMG]
    This commit helps secure the strength of the secondary for some years to come.​
    [​IMG]
    Superb athletic ability (fastest DE in the pool) and pretty good skills for a freshman.​
    Will probably get plenty of playing time his first season in a back up role.​

A good week on the recruiting trail after a bunch of silence...

• Like Like x 1
  23. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Two more sign on...

[​IMG]
    This guy was a steal. He's got good top end speed, solid moves for a freshman, and is a pretty good receiver.​
    He is a little stiff on change of direction and isn't very good in pass protection​
    [​IMG]
    A second FS has signed. I've been seeing a players leave after one year more often lately, so I like this guy as insurance.​
    He and #1 FS Nick Matthews both hail from NC and will be fighting for a chance.​
    11 of 20 scholarships awarded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.