Recruiting Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

From now on, we will all abide by the basic 1-7-70 rules. There are no more bonus recruits.

Since I have signed two of these guys already, I will allow anyone else to do the same if you can. That way, I didn't get myself a lead and then dump the system. Also, the "hands off" recruit Sox won in the bookie challenge is his to recruit as well. So, this year only, you can go to 1-9-70 if you sign the right guys (1-10 for Sox). We may reintroduce the system later, but only after everyone feels they will get their fair share.

This is not an open thread, and it is not a discussion. I don't make law without discussion very often (in fact, this may be a first) but this time I am not asking for input. I will listen to proposals for a new system starting next season.

I will only say this: This system has been a favorite since 2009. It's been tested over more than a dozen seasons. The system was here before all of us (it dates back to when I had an Xbox) and it has been posted since before any of us chose to play here, or chose which teams to play. I'm disappointed to see it break down, but maybe now we can stop discussing it for a little while. No new threads about it, please. If anyone has an issue, a PM would be the way to go.

I will leave this as a stuck thread for a couple days, so everyone gets a chance to see it. We will now be posting recruiting updates in our conference blogs.

Thank you,

AG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.