Recruiting Cheats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Recruiting Cheats

Okay folks, I'm getting seriously pissed off about what I can only attribute to people cheating at recruiting. I'm talking about guys have absolute monster gains in prospect interest way above what should be possible with just using the regular pitches.

Unless someone can explain to me how a team can go up close to half a full bar in one week, I'm going to start seriously investigating recruiting cheats.

2. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I haven't followed you guys closely, but it's possible to get an increase like that after a visit to a rivalry game. Maybe the prospect was just offered? If it's none of those two, most likely cheating. I've seen a quarter of interest at most go up from basic pitching while recruiting.

A glitch we found in our dynasty is when you offer a prospect, if you remove them from your board you can re offer them and have them visit a second time and get all the boost you get from the offer and visit again. Hopefully this isnt that scenario though.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I agree I wish I could get guys to do this. What am I missing?!!! Hell I got lucky with my 3 star!

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

who are you referring to? And the only glitch i know of is the one where you have them visit twice and you should be able to catch that one

5. Razcalking1978

There's also removing them and getting the bonus from offering them. A guy could do that every single week, and I think some people do.

6. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

Whoa,,, I have never even heard of this. I hope that we can pin point who is doing this activity and get it stoped. Completly unfair, especially since we are working under tight restrictions in recruiting as it is.

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

When it comes to visits, all bets are off. I have received commits from players that the bar was barely at half, and sometimes I have received soft commits from being as low as a third.

It happens. Now if you don't have the player in for a visit, large gains are very tough. Sometimes though if you spend close to 3 hours on a player you can make large gains.

As for the dropping and adding, I don't think offering a player provides that big of a boost to the recruiting bar. Some, but not a half bar's worth.

8. no type of cheating works when your program is not elite...

if I tried to drop and re-add guys they would probably lose interest. :)

But, razcal is right. That type of recruiting is cheating and it does work quite well

9. Razcalking1978

Just as a heads up to everyone - I'm going to start recording, on random guys and on the Top 20 guys - when the visits are scheduled for. If any guys end up visiting any school twice, there will be serious repercussions.

I'm also going to be checking for one other known recruiting cheat - just don't do it, folks.

10. Hova

sounds good, theres not need for anyone to try to cheat recruits

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Lawdog has a game genie. It's a well known fact.

12. Razcalking1978

A what-now whosawhatsit?

13. OMlawdog

Damn, I guess I should retire.

I can't believe Drifter outed me. Here I am beating Wisconsin handily since they stole Iowa's recruits and he outs me.

Thanks a lot Drifter.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ha, you had to beat Wisconsin to save your own ass.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

There are a number of ways to cheat, all of which I despise. Some involve gimmicks of the drop/add/offer again variety, and others allow us to see things we shouldn't see. Some possible solutions:

1 - Have players post their recruits and the ratings of those recruits. If an entire class does not contain a 4-star guy rated 71, or all the threes are 75 and above, then it's pretty likely that the coach knows ratings before he offers scholarships. This kind of gimmick is rampant - just look at the three star guys with offers from several members. There's a reason for the added attention. Guys get this info the same way they get pitch information. It's total cheese.

Chew on that one for a while,

AG

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have no idea why people feel the need to cheat at recruiting. To me, it is as fun as playing the games. I like the competition, and I cannot believe that people are so cut-throat that they must cheat. I take pride in pulling in 100% legitimate classes that are very highly ranked.

How would you get the pitch information or the overall rating in the middle of the season? I tried to do this with NO intent of cheating, and I couldn't even figure it out. Can't you just tell what their initial overall will be by looking at their "letter grade" attributes? If a 3* has a C OVR, and a 4* has a C- OVR, is that what you are talking about? I doubt it, because that seems legit.

Raz, a game genie was some way to put in cheat codes back in the SNES/Sega days I think -- ha ha!

17. Hova

n why cheat for recruits in this league, when well be doing 3 years at the most, then moving onto 10

18. OMlawdog

I agree Hova, no reason to cheat you may get two seasons out of the players more than likely just one.

I think one of the reason a lot of players are recruiting 3 stars is because you are forced to. I know Raz and I are going after a SS that is a 3 star with A speed. In this league this is the new 5 star player.

3 stars rated between 275 and 400 are elite players in this league. At least I think they are.

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

It really bums me out that this goes on- I need to check my league to see if this is the case. I agree that recruiting is one of the best parts of the game, did not think this would be the league where this would be happening.

20. Razcalking1978

Meh, I went after every 3-star that had me in their top 10. Pitt recruiting is not pretty.

I hadn't even THOUGHT of simming the season to find out their ratings - y'know, some days I feel like giving up on internet gaming altogether. Because a lot of people are just asses and have no problem at all cheating. It's frustrating.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think that is the point of creating the community we have. A place where mature people can come and enjoy gaming for what it is.

There is nothing about cheating that will be tolerated here. It's grounds for immediate dismissal.

Don't give up hope, Raz! There are people who share your concerns.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LMAO I'd give a middle finger salute to those who cheat.

For those who actually take the time to sim TO THE END OF THE SEASON to find out recruits ratings and the like is a sad state.

It's a damn game and it saddens me that folks would go to ends like this. I'd like to believe that everyone in a dynasty i've played in, plays by the rules and doesn't BS their way to a big recruiting class...but it's unlikely. I've seen guys cheat...guys do the drop and add thing and it sucks big time that they would stoop to such low levels. It's not needed. I hope it's not the case for you guys...y'all run a good setup here.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think no league is completely free of this kind of thing. There are just too many ways to work the system, many of which allow us to either play dumb or claim some kind of freakish luck. Guys do it. I know they do it. I've kicked people for it. I don't know exactly who or exactly when - at least not all of the time - but the indicators are there. At this point, I don't make a stink about it. I just go after guys no one else is pursuing so I don't end up getting pissed off about it. 2010 will be here soon enough, and I bet many of these things will be addressed. We're a few months from not having to worry about it.

Until then, cheat it up if you must - I'll still be a tough beat.

AG

- Oh, and let's not do the whole "is he talking about me?" thing. That's so Young J. ;)

24. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Curious about something.

If we know or suspect someone here is cheating why are they still here?

(n)

25. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I say if you have proof & you know who is cheating...CALL THEM OUT!!! Make no secret about it.