Recruiting Class Experiment - Feeback Needed

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind helping me run an experiment.

I need someone to recruit an entire season and either sim or otherwise get through a season. You need to be decent at recruiting, so pick a 4 or 5 star team.

I'm interested to see the avg OVR of a great user recruiting class versus top 10 CPU recruiting classes.

I had this all setup and then I advanced past where I needed to be to look at all the recruits for the CPU team. The results could tie into a bug I think I may have found in CPU recruiting logic.

Please let me know if you want to take this on.

2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I can. What do you need? I finished my first season as Miami last night. I had the #2 class and Alabama had #1. the only other thing I remember is I signed a lot of players during the season. I'm used to having 5 or 6 scholarships left going into the off season. I only had 1 this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Just need the avg OVR of all the players in your class as well as all the CPU teams in the top 10.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

All right. I'll hop on in a minute and sim through a season.

5. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I would love to do this if I could advance on the dynasty site. I'll give this a try tomorrow if I can, though.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    On Heisman?

7. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Drifterbub Let me start by saying I didn't follow directions very well. You said a 4 or 5 star team and I used 6 star Oregon. Hope this doesn't mess up the experiment, but I was almost done by the time I realized it. If not, here goes the data. I did Heisman difficulty for recruiting.

Top Classes
    1. Oklahoma- 71.76
    2. Oregon (me)- overall player average:73.76
    3, Alabama- 72.64
    4. North Carolina- 70.11
    5. Ohio St.- 71.15
    6. Auburn- 71.93
    7. LSU- 69.84
    8. Notre Dame- 73.87
    9. Kansas St.- 66.13
    10. Florida- 69.8

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

If I read it correctly, Drifterbub wants the OVR average for the top 10 CPU teams too and not just your average.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Interested in heisman mode, but if someone wants to do All American as well that's great.

Yeah, interested in how the avg OVR of a user class compares to the top 10 CPU classes.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I can help out with this, can try to get one in for you today & I could maybe do 2 Friday as I have no classes & no cash so I will be home all day lol

11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I saved the dynasty, so I'll pull it up and put the rest of the top 10's averages.

12. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Drifterbub I've updated the overall averages for everyone in the top 10, in my original post.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

This seems like where it should be, User's recruiting are going to be higher than the CPU. It is nice to see that the AVG was not something crazy like your were at 76-78. I can live with this and think it isn't a huge problem. There seems to be a good mix of solid ratings between 3* guys and 5* guys. Last night I got a gem of a 3* CB that was rated 81 when all was said and done, compared to the #1, 5* CB who was rated a 78. There was a good mix of guys from the 3 to 5 range that were among the mid 70's range. Nothing too overpowering which is nice.

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Yeah, I'm not sure what everyone's looking for or what the problem is. Also, a couple of teams recruited FB's which are usually low anyway. If I threw out the 50 something fullback on those teams, it would bump the average up a bit. The only one I did to see the difference was Auburn. Without the low rated FB pulling the average down they would have a 73.5.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Thanks. Do you have the breakdown of how many 5, 4, 3stars and total recruits you signed?

16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I don't remember exact numbers. I signed all 25. I believe 2 were 5 stars, and maybe 5 or 6 3 stars. The bulk were 4.

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

But on Heisman I don't want this. I want the CPU to kick my ass recruiting no matter what team I am.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I dont' think that is something that will ever happen.

19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I know... And it sucks :(

20. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

But If your an Elite team like USC LSU even FLA in recruiting you should be able to recruit well.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It was the case when we did our testing in March. Heisman was beating my ass.

And if the problem is what I suspect, I think it can be fixed.

Anyone else going to run one of these sims? Need as many data points as possible.

22. LSUTRUTH

I did a season with USF not to long ago. I dont have the info however I signed like 5 guys in the last week that I had never talked to nor had on my board. I put together the number 37 recruiting class. Signing 1 4 star, 12 3 star 5 2 stars. 18 total I couldnt tell you anything else I know useless :(

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    What difficulty?

24. LSUTRUTH

Heisman.

Not the first time the CPU has over signed for me either. I am working on year 2 at OSU and they over signed in year 1 as well.

25. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Do you want the data after the regular season?
    After week 4?
    After signing day when the CPU adds a bunch of garbage recruits that were never spoken to on user teams that all get cut in sim ODs because they're over your scholly limit? (this will obviously bring the user OVR rating down because they're usually worse than the real recruits you actually recruited.
    If "yes" to after week 5, do you want those extra recruits included in the use average?
    Is it okay for me to use a :3stars: school? I'll be using SMU since they're my OD team and I can get you the numbers if you want, or if you don't want a :3stars: then I won't bother tracking the data.