recruiting/cuts, changing schools/conferences, promises, penalty & game sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 22, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

recruiting/cuts, changing schools/conferences, promises, penalty & game sliders

I am looking to change this set up. I am going to use a form of TT II's recruiting rules that will look like this..

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = One additional scholarship to provide a cushion.
    C = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C = total number of available scholarships.

So, in my case at Central Michigan, it would work like this.

A = 15
    B = 1
    C = 70-69..1
    total = 17

With this, there are going to be people who go over their roster limit. I'll adress that a little further down.

this rule will stay in place.

this system will stay in place. could possibly add something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuts & Off Season​

Okay...so with the new recruiting rule we are going to have to deal with cuts. And while I'm on the topic, I will address receiving additional scholly's when someone leaves or when losing scholly's when you receive a transfer.

Cuts: In the off season, the lowest you can cut down to is 69 AND you can additionally cut any player that is below 60 overall. YOU MUST POST ALL CUTS DURING THE OFF SEASON.

Additional Scholly's: 1) If you have a player transfer or go pro - you add on to the number of 1-3 stars you are allowed for THAT off season. 2) If you have someone who transfers to your school - it will count against your number of scholarships allowed the following season (assuming you accept the transfer). It will count against your number of 5 stars if the are 90+ overall, your 4 stars if they are 80+ overall, and your 1-3 stars if the are 79- overall.

Does everyone understand?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promises in the Off Season​

Should they or should they not be allowed from here on out? It looks like they are being broken everytime we retire and reinvite for a new OD (which we will be doing for other reasons than just our current problems). So, I'm not sure that we should be doing promises...since they are being broken, it'll lead to a lot of our guys transferring.

If no one has a problem with keeping them, we will. But if they should go ..speak up.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, already I can tell this system is fucked up so I am going to add on to make it harder for us to achieve (not impossible, however).

The problem is that with the system I have now, people can go to bigger and better places w/o even winning the conference. sooo..

1. You must stay at each school a minimum of 5 seasons to be considered for a switch

- and achieve one of these accomplishments in those 5 seasons
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3. If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4. If you increased your schools' prestige by 4 stars, you may switch schools
    5. The prestige of the school you are leaving must be two stars above the one you are wanting to switch to. So if you are at a 5 star school, you can switch to a 3 star or lower. If you want to switch to a 6 star school, you must stay with your current team at the 6 star level for an extra 2 seasons (understand?).

Also, as far as switching conferences is concerned..

There are a lot of ways we can go about this. You'll notice that if you take the dynasty off line, a lot of teams are being asked to switch. From here out, I will take the dynasty off line at the point, see what's available, and go from there. I still want to use the system that you must be dominate in your conference to switch to a more elite conference, but if special situations come up where someone from the C-USA can move to the MAC or perhaps someone switched to Miami and then a different member was invited to the ACC...We'd definately talk about these things.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Game and Penalty Sliders

We are going to be making a switch to the sliders created by HookemHorns aka Oneback from NCAA Strategies. I've played a little bit with them and really like them, also his philosophy on them has me convinced that he knows what he's talking about.

Be prepared for them, they will be in effect Week 3.

original thread: http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=70384

his philosophy:

4. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Read and understood

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Murk you don't want me to leave houston do you?
    OK here we go
    Scholarships Offered in Recruiting
    I say if we tweek recruiting it should be (A)seniors leaving+(B)70-current number of players=number of ships available to offer
    So with CMU A=15 B=70-69=1
    so Murk you would have 16 scholarships to offer next year.
    I don't think we need the buffer we recruit to 70 if we don't get all 70 this year the ship will be available next year.

I think cuts should not be allowed. You recruit your needs and if you cannot get what you need you move a player during position changes. If you need to take a walk-on it should only be for a kicker or punter. FB can be filled by TE and vice versa. DL-OL,wr-cb-fs-ss can be interchangeable. You can fill all your needs this shouldn't be a problem.

I like the promises they help with guys that are 4-5 star in the offseason when they don't have you in their top 10. Hopefully we will not have to restart the D again and can keep our coaching prestige.

Switching schools like the idea (5 years is still a looooonnnngggg time but I like the idea) I think we need to earn a high profile team not just select Texas after 5 years I gotta transfer to a Baylor or Syracuse.

Switching conferences do not like the idea. Just don't I can't explain why other than I am an old school guy and want to keep schools where they are I do not want to have houston in the big 12 I want to keep it how it is now.

We shall see about the sliders.... I like the reasons behind it and look forward to my WR ripping apart Rices young secondary.... GO COUGS

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The sliders look suspect to me. I dunno, just seeing 0 by run block and stuff like that make me skeptical. We'll see though. Maybe they're good, who knows.

7. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm not a big fan of waiting 5 years. I'm ready to shake this thing up a little. I do agree I shouldn't be able to take over Southern Cal after leading Ball St. the past 3 seasons.

Speaking of taking teams over, regardless of when that will be how are we going to keep users together within conferences. I think the league will somewhat fall apart with regards to user games if we have two users in the SEC, one in the Big 10, two in the Big 12 and so forth. If we are all spread out every user will most likely when their respective conference year in and year out.

Just some thoughts out loud.

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

OK lets say we choose three conferences sec acc and big 12 (they all have championship games) 4 schools to each and we schedule 2 ooc games against users. You could choose sec ARK,Ole Miss,Miss St,Vandy,UK,AU in ACC Va,NC state,Duke,Wake,BC,Clemson in Big 12 Colorado,Kansas St,TAM,Baylor,KU,Iowa ST,Missou just a thought.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im going to have to try out the sliders before I make any judgement. What usually happens with extreme custom sliders is that 1, maybe 2 or 3 guys work on them. So it may be realistic for some people's play style, and total BS for other people's play style.

I hope we dont have to stay at these small schools too long. Because what will happen is that all user teams will become 6* powerhouses and CPU conference opponents will have no chance. And having (6) 5*-6* schools in the MAC/CUSA is about as unrealistic as the upsets we have been seeing.
    That being said, if we were in BCS conferences it wouldnt look so bad at the end of the day. If a BCS school beats a top ranked squad its not as unrealistic as Rice smashing Texas at DKR.:D ( for instance if I had North Carolina... id still blowout the small schools and beat most CPU conference opponents, but if I beat USC it wouldnt be that unrealistic)

Just my 2cents. hopefully these sliders will work though and allow the CPU to put up more of a fight.

and I dont know if its changed from last year, but Im pretty sure last year user vs. user OD games always reverted to default sliders on AA difficulty. sliders are much better this year though, so maybe they changed that too.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

this sounds like a good idea. would just suck for anyone that actually wants to stay at their current school. for the record though, im ready to move up to the big leagues :p

if we did something like this, the switching teams thing would make more sense. After we build up these BCS lowbies, some users would want to take over Florida Texas etc. which would leave their other team (arky or baylor whatever) with good players and a good prestige ranking etc.

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Personally, I think the 5 seasons is too long. If a coach in real life was taking one of the schools we have to the top 10 or so every year and beating the big boys, he wouldn't be there for long. Look at Urban Meyer, for example. Two years at Bowling Green, then two at Utah before becoming Florida's head coach. That's 4 seasons at lower tier schools before going to what this game would say is a 6 star school. I like the idea of saying you can't just make a lateral move to a same star bigger school and you should move down. Almost every move made from a school like Northern Illinois to a BCS conference school would be for the lower end teams, as the others normally have established coaches and are more likely to hire high profile coaches, anyway. I like all the other changes (we'll see on the sliders, I guess), but I'm not a fan of saying 5 seasons minimum at these schools. Not sure where everyone else started prestige-wise with their schools, but if you started at 3, you won't be moving up 4 stars so you'd have to win the NC or win coach of the year.

Anyway, to summarize, I'm good with all the changes but think the 5 seasons is too long.

12. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I may be in the wrong here but its not the TEAM switching conferences its USER.... example: I get offered to switch to another program.... I go to Cincinnati but UCF just gets a new "coach"...

Am i in the wrong here?

User transfers not team?

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think Murk was saying if you take the dynasty offline that schools could change conferences (won't happen with online only) and that it could be done offline and taken back online. I guess I'm old school, too, in that teams shouldn't be moving around in conferences.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

correct.

my problem with everyone switching schools is that you can switch schools with out even winning your conference.

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Well Murk look at it like this. If we go by that rule only 2 people can get out of the conference each year. If you are a hot coach it doesn't matter if you win your conference to move on in real life. Mike Dantonio at cinn didn't win his conference and he got the Michigan St job. Same with Schiano he was linked to Miami,ND,penn st with no conference championships. If two people move on they have a huge advantage over the people that stay they will have one more year in recruiting at their school. I say we jump ship after this year. Let the person with the best overall record after 3 years at these schools choose 1st and then go down the list until we have all chosen a team in one of the three or two conferences. If that is what everyone wants to do.

16. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah, if only one or two coaches a year move onto bigger conferences we are going to have teams all over the place. We'd have one team in the SEC, one in ACC, one in Big 12 and so fortha and so on. If I don't win the conference this year but finish with 10 wins that would be three straight years with 10 wins season and my record could be something like 31-6. In real life I wouldn't be hanging around Ball State just because I haven't won the conference. We could move on after season 3 and choose the lower prestige schools from 2 or 3 big conference like MCYORK mentioned. Have a draft order based on overall winnning % or some type of criteria.

17. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

I like that - Say we have to go to schools with bowl games though... SEC being one of them... SEC, ACC, ETC

EDIT: what about those who want to stay at their current school?

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I was planning on staying at CMU for a while.

19. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Yep, no urge to leave Tulsa for me yet either.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

lets say we do this top 6 guys who have been here 3 years that want to move on. Ike,Parrot,Max,nati,Jman,Rip maybe me sorry troy...(murk wants to stay behind)move on to 2 or 3 conferences (SEC ACC BIG 12) 3 star teams or less. I looked there are 9 3* teams and 6 2* teams from these BSC conferences. The rest have to wait till the next crew wants to go. We keep it in these conferences so that we still have the conference championship games and can still have user games in conference.

21. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Sounds good to me. I think as long as we can agree on a plan and don't have teams scattered in a bunch of different conferences it should work. Plus it would be cool to have Murk (CMU) take on an Arkansas with a first year head coach like Parrothead and take him to the woodshed. Hahaha.......

22. BDSDIGITAL

Oh I don't care York. I'm absolutely no hurry to leave anyway. I like ECU and I like the team I'm building. It's going in the right direction.

23. BDSDIGITAL

Besides, if this was the real world I'd be on thin ice right now. If I wasn't bowl eligible and had too many poor showings I'd probably get fired...

24. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah, if I was AD you probably would have been gone after last season.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, but what about the recruiting rule. That's what the main argument everybody had. Everybody was upset that they weren't getting to fill their rosters.