Recruiting Discussion 2014...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Mar 24, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Recruiting Discussion 2014...

I don't have recruiting lists in front of me, but I didn't see a great many super recruits in this year's class.

Obviously there are a few, but overall a somewhat average crop of recruits. Certainly no Matt Atkins in the class. I was hoping for some better looking offensive and defensive lineman, but no luck.

I know there was a WR McIntosh that looked really good that Im assuming most people will be going after.

This year school of choice by the recruiting class is clearly Cal. They are on everyone's board. Its pretty sick.

So who are the prospects you think people will be battling it out for this year?

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

There are gonna be some sick battle for corners this year... i see a couple of CB's that have four or five users on their lists already.....with the limited number of scholarships i have available... i am gonna have to be really selective in who i go after...

3. OMlawdog

I don't have corner on my board so that is good news. I only have 12 scholarships available now, but Im assuming I will have at least 3 defections so Im thinking around 15 open spots.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I have a full class to sign, I think.

I'm signing a few O-linemen as with every year, I'm also in the market for a QB and maybe a RB. I need a TE and there just aren't many quality TE's this year.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i only have 15 spots free, i might lose a guy or two to the pros, but i dont have many on my board to begin with...

6. OMlawdog

Im really disappointed in this year's recruiting class, I needed DL and OL, and this class has very few. Same goes for OLB.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I loaded up on quality OLBs last year. Mainly because I was left with only two scholarship'd OLBs after last season. And Senior OLB Javon Charles attempted to test the pro waters. I could have been in deep doo doo if I hadn't.

8. OMlawdog

Im top heavy at OLB, but most of my studs are Juniors.

I have two freshman at OLB that are going to be studs but they are two years away. I think I may end up just taking one OLB and focus on DL and OL.

Im going to try and only recruit one HB and one WR, but they certainly aren't necessities at this point.

This is why I like recruiting restrictions. I can't go out and sign 20 guys like I used to. I have to pick and choose who Im going to sign.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I think it is something that we should have done all along.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

My team was hit hard by graduation and by defections at CB.

I thought winning the pac ten would help my recruiting...it didnt.

There are really no studs that want to come to Zona, we are hurting at multiple spots, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, FS on D to name a few, our Oline stinks as do our WRs and TE's..

We have had three good years in a row but that hasnt changed anything on this side of the game, we arent able to recruit with the big boys.

We have a good Jr at QB and a nice stable of Rbs now on the plus side.

We do have some decent WRs intrested but thats about it. Tough times on the horizon at Arizona.

11. OMlawdog

Yeah, I think the restrictions are a good thing and it does help the CPU recruit and next year we should probably do it after the first year.

That will give everyone an opportunity to clean house on their roster but after restrictions in place.

Hell Oklahoma had the top class in the country this year.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I see what you are saying about the uncapped first year. Although we will have to visit this when the game gets closer.

13. OMlawdog

Well recruiting is kind of weird, I have had some success the last few years, and I was in the top 3 of only 5 or 6 of the Top 100.

I think I had about 15 total of the Top 100 interested in me at all, compare that to Cal, Wisky, or Ohio State for that matter.

I just figured at this point I would have more pull.

14. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Yeah, Cal is definitely high on the list for a lot of 5 star guys. Unfortunately, I don't love most of them, and they are not at positions of need. I was hoping to grab a QB this year to take over once Ward is gone, and no one is remotely interested. I also wanted some help at OT, and I'm not even getting a sniff. On the plus side, the 5 star punter likes me. Woohoo!

15. OMlawdog

I could use a punter.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have 11 schollies(6SR-5JRs that will most likely go after this yr.)

I am really disappointed at the MLB in this yrs class since it's my biggest need(I have 2 decent young MLB, but both are slow)

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I have needed a MLB since year 2 and haven't had one decent one interested yet...

I figured you would be low on schollies after the large classes you have had the past couple of seasons.

18. OMlawdog

Picked up my first commit and though not sexy, it was an OL.

I think he is a 4 star OG from Illinois. Got to keep the in-state kids home. He was down my list and actually was the last player I got to recruit this week, and Im glad I did.

Im still really disappointed in the lack of OL and DL in this year's recruiting class.

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

This recruiting class to me is the worst I seen since we started this league. I'm not excited about any1 I have seen.

20. OMlawdog

I was thinking the same thing. Even the top 10 guys are pretty average at least they appear to be.

I know for sure there aren't many MLB that are worth a shit, trust me I've looked. Same goes for DE, at least on their grades im not impressed with the 5 and 4 stars that are at DE.

21. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Cal landed a five star WR in week one. Ratings aren't anything to write home about, but it was a position of need.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Running back is pretty week too. WR seems okay, but no Crums or Gallegers.

QB is moderate. Just sort of a down year.

23. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

jeez. Cal is loaded (n)

24. OMlawdog

You would think he would make sure to recruit "Carries" ya know, so his players learn how to hold on to the ball.

Im already not excited about losing Aaron Gray my MLB. He has been a 99 OVR for the last two years and there is no one on my roster even close to replacing him.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    99 OVR for two seasons while Matt Atkins sits at a 95 OVR as a Junior.

This in season progression is really killing me.