Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Post any new recruiting info you'd like to talk about.

I'm having a pretty solid year, but I have lost out on about 6 five stars where I finished second, this last week there were four alone.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Florida currently has the #1 class in the Nation according to Rivals and ESPNU. Its been an excellent haul for the Gators this season, especialy considering how many spots UF had to fill.

WR(#1) :5stars:
    6'3 203lb Reynoldsburg, OH
    Pat Massey
    Excellent ball skills. Will have to work on his foot speed to compete for PT with Florida's speedy WRs.

T(#6) :4stars:
    6'6 301lb Leesburg, VA
    C.J. Holmes
    Big and quick, but he is a big bag of mush at this point (C STR)... Nothing a RS and some time in the weightroom cant fix.

TE(#1) :5stars:
    6'8 257lb Nederland, TX
    Thomas Walker
    Can you say beast? Florida will soon lose a few talented TEs, so what do they do? Go out and recruit this guy (b- catch B catchintraff b- routerun)

HB(#1) :5stars:
    6'1 202lb Grosse Pt. Farms, MI
    Ben Campbell
    Guy is solid. Has all the intangibles, and a good base to work with as far as speed. Will probably take a RS to let Mack Brown develop/graduate then should come in and go to work.

T(#2) :5stars:
    6'4 290lb San Angelo, TX
    Joey Mackey
    Exceptional quickness (A+ Accel) and the size/strength to go along with it(Bstr). UF coaching staff is pumped about this signing. Should come in and compete for PT immediately.

MLB(#7) :4stars:
    5'10 257lb Leeds, AL
    Darren Glover
    Coaches like Glover's athleticism and ability to get off blocks. UF loses a lot of talent at LB so these MLB signings were crucial.

MLB(#10) :4stars:
    6'2 215lb Enterprise, AL
    Avery Robinson
    Avery Robinson, great name by the way... is a specimen at MLB. He is as fast as they come at the position and should make plenty of noise during his tenure as a Gator.

ATH(#2) :5stars:
    6'1 178lb Charlotte, MI
    Lance Stewart
    Has the speed/size to play a multitude of positions. Will most likely play either WR or RB. COuld become a Percy Harvin type.

T(#1) :5stars:
    6'4 277lb Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ricky Spicer
    Should see a lot of PT in his career. Balanced skill set and good size.

TE(#3) :4stars:
    6'3 230lb Lakeside, FL
    Jeremy Williams
    Doesnt have the size of Walker, but has great ball skills and is very good at blocking. Should make for a great TE duo at UF.

DT(#3) :4stars:
    6'0 281 Carteret, NJ
    Mike Smith
    Should be a good fit in UF's 4-3 scheme. Balanced, nothing flashy but looks like he will be effective.

QB(#2) :4stars:
    6'3 190lb Franklin, VA
    Marvin McNeil
    Another Elite 11 QB for UF? You got it. UF got a pocket passer, and blanced qb, and now a top-flight scrambler. McNeil may take a RS to let Burton graduate so he can get more PT. Coach Max already has some ideas of how to use this guy (B speed B- accel B+thp C+thac
    B- break tak B elusive C carry)

MLB(#2) :4stars:
    5'10 221lb Fair Haven, VT
    Kenny Nelson
    Of the 3 MLB recruits UF has snagged, Nelson is the most "raw". He has incredible physical skills, but lacks discipline. Definite RS candidate

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

:3stars:K Marco Smith from Cary, NC

Not the greatest kicker ever but he will be able to make the PATs and maybe some 40 yarders but 50 yarders are out of the question.

:3stars:SS Terence Goins from Sandy Springs, GA

Eh....just fills the position

:4stars:FS Dan Morris from Marion, NC

Good tackling skills, coverage needs work but he will fit in nicely, may not start right away but we will see.

:4stars:QB Kellen Dockery from Greenville, NC

This guys is huge standing at 6'7". He has B speed, B- break tackle, C+ Accel and decent throwing skills. Not going to see starting time year 1 but could be the future QB of Wake Forest.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I believe I was second on Spicer, Massey, and the TE Williams..and I was goin after the other TE too (asshole).

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    John Simmons
    QB(#1) :5stars:
    6'4" 196 LBs
    Paris, TX

Best QB in the class for a reason. A THP, B+ THA. Perfect for the Georgia offense. Depending on whether or not Aaron Murray leaves to go pro he could be starting as a Freshman.

Derek Hicks
    QB(#5) :4stars:
    6'1" 197 LBs
    Lexington, NE

Adds some depth to the QB corps. Solid attributes with B+ THP and B- THA. Will get a redshirt season 1 and will have time to develop.

TJ Rucker (JUCO)
    HB (#10) :4stars:
    5'10" 200 LBs
    Lompoc, CA

This guy is a bull of a RB boasting some great ratings. It's a shame he's a Jr but he will get a lot of PT as the Bulldogs use two backs every game. B+ SPD, B+ ACC, B BTK, B+ TRK, B- STR. He's going to be tough to get down.

Sam Bishop
    C(#2) :5stars:
    6'5" 282 LBs
    Covington, GA

Just a solid center to add depth to the O-line. Can get off the ball quickly. Will probably be no more than a backup.

Tremayne Lee
    DE(#5) :4stars:
    6'6" 249 LBs
    Rainbow City, AL

Future stud at DE, which Georgia is starting to really stock up on. Already has great pass rushing moves that will only get better as he becomes more experienced. B SPD, B+ ACC, B- PMV, B FMV, B+ PUR. Has a great motor and is relentless in his pursuit of the quarterback.

Cody White
    DT (#1) :5stars:
    6'3" 267 LBs
    Beverly Hills, CA

Admittedly very overrated as #1 player at his position. Undersized and not great push. Really needs to develop his skills and get stronger. Will definitely get a redshirt as the Bulldogs are 5-6 deep at the position already.

Lamont Smith
    DT(#5) :4stars:
    6'3" 267 LBs
    E. Grand Rapids, MI

We like him way more than White. They are the same size but this guy plays like a true DT. C+ STR, B- PMV, B- FMV, B- PUR. Will be a very good pass rushing DT.

James Mathis
    MLB(#19) :4stars:
    6'2" 227 LBs
    Glasgow, KY

Very good all around MLB. Already has a solid skill set He's very strong already and has great rush moves. Will be great on the blitz.

Jared Simmons
    CB(#5) :4stars:
    5'11" 190 LBs
    Aiken, SC

Very good size and pretty good skill set for a freshman CB. He has solid coverage skills and will probably get a redshirt in his first season.

Michael Joseph
    FS(#2) :4stars:
    6'5" 210 LBs
    Del Rio, TX

We are very excited about this guy here. Freak size for a FS. Good speed (B+) and acceleration (A) means he will have range to make plays. Solid coverage skils and can lay the wood (C+ POW). Will be a future all-american.

Chris Miller
    ATH(#1) :5stars:
    6'3" 200 LBs
    Oakton, VA

Miller was a hot commodity and for good reason. A SPD, B+ ACC, B CTH. Will definitely be a WR and will see significant time from day one for the Dawgs. He could develop into an A.J. Green type impact player. The combination of Miller and Simmons will be scary.

I like our class. The team doesn't have many holes and we've done a good job of adding depth. Looking forward to filling out the remaining scholarships in the offseason.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Was also second on Miller and Simmons! FUUU :mad:

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm getting dominated in recruiting as most users are going to be able to out recruit me. Florida, LSU and Miami are destroying me. I've got 2 commits and they are both :3stars:. FML

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I have no fucking clue how masler was able to seal the deal on that 4 star RB????.....????!!!!?????!!!???

Needless to say I was fucking pissed...lol I had a soft from him, then the week doesnt advance for like...a week...and hes gone, :(

So I would like to give a very special message to Masler.....

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Lesson of the day...RBs don't like UVA!

He prob had a rivalry game or something. Those come up huge.

10. nikpin

Worst recruiting class ever...

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You aint lyin man....Im 0 for 5 in recruiting 4 star RBs. And they all have been close races too. FUCK!

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

dude, that's a sick class

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hopefully were not done yet. Offseason be kind to me

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    They need all the help they can get to beat the Dawgs, LOL. We have the #2 Class BTW...:thumbsup:

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Considering I am lowly Wake Forest, my class is pretty good for my team

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm sending you a ROLB for next year's class. I think he's like a 76 right now or something like that. I'll be watching my mailbox for the thank you note.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Haha thanks....sad as it is...he might be needed when time comes

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I missed this, but dont be scared yet.

Oh, and Florida lands only 1 instant-commit but he was a good one.

HB(#2) :5stars:
    6'1 204lb Oxnard, CA
    Kevin Olsen
    A Speed
    B+ Acceleration
    A- Agi

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wake Forest signs a :4stars: HB Week 1, insta-commit.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

hey i have 4 4stars interested in AU the rest of them are 3 stars man a 3-9 season really hurts the recruiting board.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah boy got me a 3 star 6'2" WR in the 1st week

22. nikpin

Geez I need recruits like homeless people need shelter.