Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 24, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Please discuss your recruiting analysis here, not in the recruiting boards. I want to keep that clean.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Good lord the number 4 corner and number 1 corner have A man coverage and are both 6'0 and taller

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

First recruit of the season:

QB Franklin Bellamy - Spd B, Agi B, ThP B, ThA C+, Elu B, BrkT C

A scrambler that can throw...yes, please!

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Second recruit for Michigan State:

ATH Paul Kennedy - Spd A-, Agi A-, Play Rec B-, ZCov B, MCov C+, Pur C+, HitP C

Paul will transition to the defensive backfield for the Spartans. Depending on the other recruits that commit, he will either see time at Free Safety or Corner.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

lol this this thread is to only talk about recruits or trash talk whos getting who theres another thread to put the recruits that have commited

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Oh I know. I just put the names on the other thread. In this one I give a little blurb about each.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Connor

Connor Walk On

Still not a single recruit for Nebraska. This usually doesn't happen. I've been top 20 both years.

8. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

I like only having to go after a few kids.. Means my boosters have fewer checks to write to secure my commits..

9. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Not a single commitment to Ohio State yet either :(

10. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Connor
    Darkwing

Sounds like it's time to open up the checkbooks. You can't let me be the only one..

On a serious note, you may still end up with a strong class. Just have to be patient.

11. gowazzucougs

guys I am the national champion, and I don't have any recruits either. What is up with that?

12. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

I've never been able to get a "great" class after winning my first championship. It's like the game wants to bring the champ back to the pack.

13. Darkwing

Oh I'm more than willing to lol..but haven't you heard you can now give players $2,000/month on top of their scholarships for spending money?

14. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Yeah... My boys aren't interested in taking a pay cut.. (y)

15. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

After not signing any players from prestigious Adamsville High in Adamsville, AL for their 2013 class, the Crimson Tide have gone back to their pipeline school for two recent commits. Teammates OLB Ali Russell and MLB Matt Slaughter held a joint press conference to announce their decision to play for Coach Saban and Alabama Crimson Tide.

Russell stated that the talented players on the depth chart were not a concern to he and his teammate. "We work really hard and plan to be All-Americans one day. You don't get someplace worthwhile because it's easy."

16. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

One week after his teammates Ali Russell and Matt Slaughter committed to the Crimson Tide, 4*DE Thomas Wesley decided to make his official pledge to the school in Tuscaloosa as well. Wesley was on campus on Monday for the afternoon practice and committed to defensive coordinator Kirby Smart before sitting down with Coach Saban to reaffirm his decision.

"I've known it in my heart for some time," said the senior from Adamsville High. "After watching my boys commit last week I just wanted to come down here and make it official. I didn't want to miss the boat!" Wesley, the #7 rated DE prospect in the 2014 class becomes the fifth Tide commitment in what poses to be a limited class.

17. Darkwing

Finally on Week 7 The Ohio State University signs it's first of the 2014 class in what looks to be a solid MLB from Michigan.

Boom29, You need to keep your recruits in state ;)
    I'm surprised to land him as I started behind Michigan State and Illinois in the beginning of the process and remained a couple hundred points back of UM going into his visit.

I also have a decent amount of recruits visiting on my Week 8 win over #2 Penn State, so here's to hoping they keep lining up to sign those LOIs

18. gowazzucougs

Boom29

How does it feel knowing that you are going to lose that QB to me as well. You apparently don't defend your home turf very well. I understand losing a recruit to OSU because Michigan is a pipeline to OSU, but to Stanford. We have no pipeline in Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  19. gowazzucougs

Darkwing

The quarterback I am going after is the #6 QB in the country. He is trying hard, but I have maintained the lead, and now he is soft committed.

20. Darkwing

Good take his ass out West. That way I wouldn't possibly have to face him for a conference championship in the future :D

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Well...he came to visit this week for the LSU game. I think you will find that he a great visit to East Lansing. I guess I didn't go after him as hard at the beginning when the other QB committed to me.

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

This one I am kinda upset I didn't do more in the early going. But you know, I can't compete with your boosters. I'm thinking that he didn't really want to come to Michigan State anyways.

23. Darkwing

Ah yes, money is power :cool:

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Well gowazzucougs,

I got an A+ on my visit from Jeff Gardnerabut he still soft committed to you, though now it's just a -1 in difference. You better get him to commit soon or I might just take him back! :p

In related news, I did keep an in-state prospect: #6 CB Tom Ralph: A Speed/Accelaration, B+ Zone, B- Man/Play Rec, C+ Press/Pursuit. He will likely see playing time from day one.

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

#13OLB Nick Green commits to the Ducks and fills a need in their recruiting.