Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

2. Wyrmreaver

Into week 10 now and Army is sitting at just 7 commits. 6 :3stars: and 1 :4stars:.

After pulling in a top ten class filled with JUCO talent last season, this class seems a bit underwhelming. On the flipside, we are looking really good on a pair of TEs, one :4stars: and one JUCO(SO) :3stars: who together would literally revolutionize our downfield passing game and a :5stars: ATH who could be the lights out QB we have been hoping for. If we get both of those kids, the other scraps we clean up will just be window dressing. Also, if we get both TEs we will be really tempted to switch to an offensive scheme that is super heavy on the 2 TE sets.

3. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Well, you are doing better than I am Army. I have 6 signings so far. I may have to switch to a spread offense next year because I lose RB. Akeem Daniels this year and don't have a suitable replacement yet. My bread and butter though is defense and following last years huge signing and freshman star Adam Bolden, comes someone to compliment either side, as we signed 78 overall (so far) :3stars:OLB Kris Carter. We improved our weak cornerback situation with the signings of :3stars:Chris Rollins and :3stars:Chris Hodges. Hodges can do it all as he provides run support and coverage ability, and at 6'1", provides great size.

4. Wyrmreaver

My new TE.... his blocking is pretty average, but look at those pass catching skills!

JUCO TE.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Nice one. Damn, wish I would have seen him!

6. Wyrmreaver

Wait til you see the other TE I am about to get! I have a huge lead and only one other team has offered..... he's 6'7" tall, 84 jump, 88 spectacular catch, 87 catch...... He's basically Antonio Gates!

7. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Son of a bitch!! :p

8. Wyrmreaver

Two huge signings for Army this week!

First, the 2 TE offense is going to be in effect next year with our second TE signing in as many weeks!

Mike Mason.JPG

Second, we have found our QB of the future.... or maybe the now depending on offseason progression.

Anthony Payne.JPG

9. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

NOOO!!! You got that ATH, I used 60 min every week on him. Damn you

10. Wyrmreaver

Me too :D

I am excited at the prospects of him under center with my 2 new tight ends!

11. Wyrmreaver

Late season Recruiting battle between Automatik at Arky State and Wyrmreaver at Army for the services of one :4stars: ATH

Leon West out of small town Tennessee was rated out as a 71 OVR by scouting services. The knock on him was that while he was a solid athlete in terms of speed, acceleration, etc, he lacked polished position skills. He mostly projects as a WR and the scouting services all gave him terrible reviews for his catching ability which, coupled with his remote hometown, kept the SEC and ACC schools away. For whatever reason, the coaches at Army and Arkansas State have taken an interest in this kid here late in the year and are engaged in a back and forth battle to sign Leon as the regular season winds down.

12. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

I don't think these guys realize that they stand no chance of playing for the BCS Championship game by going to Army...;)

• Like Like x 1