Recruiting Exceptions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Recruiting Exceptions

Guys,

Since we have new coaches, and it's late in the season, I want to give the new guys as much of a chance as possible to make their teams into what they want them to be. To this end, I am suspending all recruiting rules (except the limit on five star guys) for new coaches. For the rest of the season and off-season, new coaches (just the three who joined today) may recruit how they like. Starting next year, the standard rules will be in effect again. To refresh our memories, those rules are:

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

What about us guys that changed teams? Do we still have to follow those rules?

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's a good point. How about - if you changed teams to a previously unused team, then you may suspend the rules as well. That would mean you can, but easy and I may not.

Sound about right?

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Sounds good bro

5. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

sounds good

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Also, if you look in the recruiting trail forum, you'll see that we keep threads in which we discuss our recruiting successes and failures. Most include some kind of table. We typically steal a table from someone else, make it our own, and update it about every advance, or every other.

With all the recruiting battles sure to come (there are some really nice regional wars sure to come) it's good to have a place to call each other douchebags for signing our coveted recruits.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Are we REALLY going easy on the Alabama, Michigan, and Georgia programs?

MAN, cry me a freakin' river, I think these fellas will survive such a late start. ;)

Haha, but since this is how it's goin' down, keep in mind that I was forced to jettison my undefeated Red Raiders to join the shitty ACC!

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is the sacrifice one must make if one wishes to call himself a "Lover of the underdog" :D

9. egofailure

Damn, Arch', you really know how to go for the throat sometimes.

All I can say is ... you're right!

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

All I can say Ego is its going to be a sad day for you when my Hurricanes tear you apart.

11. egofailure

I think the recruiting wars in this league are going to be even bloodier than the on-the-field action.

That being said, 'Dub, I'm looking forward to our annual meetings.

I love nothin' more than to beat down a bunch to crack dealers, con-artists, and future America's Most Wanted ... ;)

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Hey now isn't Florida the team that recruits criminals now?

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

They're catching up, but I think the Criminoles are still well out in front. What is it about warm weather that makes you guys behave so badly?

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Can I get some recruiting exemption too? Coming into a LSU team with such small turnover and three k/p already on scholarship hurt.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How about this - you can go over by the number of excess special teams guys.

75 + however many K/P you don't need. If you need 2 of the three, take one extra scholly. If you only need one, take two extras. Fair?

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

Were just having fun in the sun.

17. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Perfect

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

These sound fair to me Arch, I think I have inherited a pretty good class from Mullen, and I would like to think I handed you a class without too many holes to fill.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I can't complain. I think I might try to make a book change to a 4-3, which will require a focus on DTackles in the off-season. I think I'll just see who I can reasonably get. If I can get the horses, I'll make the change next year. If not, I'll run the 3-4 for a while longer. But the guys I inherited ... are studs.