Recruiting fun!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jul 31, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Recruiting fun!

Is it me, or is it awesome to completely screw over another owner in the recruiting process when they target the same players as you?

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wait.....was I the other owner?? lol

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

No, Cal doesn't have much on USC.

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

With that said, I signed a TOP 150 player before I even played a game this season. Looking good so far.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Well done. I got a 4 star center in week one and was pretty stoked. I really think Cal is the good team. I think you are going to build them into a powerhouse.

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I haven't gotten a single signing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm #1 on a few guys list and have offered them scholarships but still no commitments.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I hear you. I have USC and everyone keeps telling me recruits will be coming right and left, but I seem to be slipping on their board or they commit to another big school. The one recruit that I did get was only because he committed as soon as I offered the scholarship. I am trying something new this week. Instead of making pitches to the when my school is good at something, I am instead asking their interest, which gets me less points right now. Once I get that, I am going to pitch. Kind of worried that will leave the door open for other schools to get them commit, but I will let you know how it goes.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

There is a method to getting players to sign and peak their interest. Also, Bates....just because you are #1 on their board doesn't meant they will sign right away. Look at what stage they are in, if it doesn't say "Top 3" it usually means they aren't ready to sign. You will get the occasional exception, like I did in Wk 2.

I will offer one bit of advice, which I probably shouldn't. If you are #2 to a school that is upcoming on your schedule, and you can't seem to pass them up at #1...schedule a visit with the prospect the week you play that team. If you can kick the crap out of them, or just beat them by a decent margin, your chances of overtaking them increases.....

9. mamou1981

mamou1981 Walk On

got 2 4 stars to sign..... almost wet myself! haha

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow nice job. I just brought in a kicker, punter and a fullback and none signed. Bastards!

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I continue to screw over a fellow onfler in the recruiting process. Good times....

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

So far I have a 4* SS locked in, and a 3* ATH, WR, and HB. I have 4* QB, 2 OLBs, and ATH about to sign. When I say about to sign, I mean they are top 3, and it isn't even close.

Cal is gonna be sick next year, I just fear that I will lose Vereen to the draft this year.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

all that and the Jets still suck