Recruiting...help

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by DigginGraves, Mar 30, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Recruiting...help

Alright guys, I struggled with Recruiting in the two dynasties I was in this year. I think my problem is that I initially put too many guys on the board. I realise now that there is usually no need at all for putting more than 15 or so guys on the board unless you are hurting for depth.

Problem is, I seem to get beat by other users whenever we are going for the same guy. How do you guys manage to land a handfull of 5* players?

Tips?
    Suggestions?
    Discussion?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well I can go on forever with recruiting help....but here is what I do regarding too many player. I am PSU and on average have 300+ recruits interested in my school.

You need to prioritize your needs and wants. I rank guys on my board and go down the list. This way my #1 need/want is getting attention every week.

I also pick my battles. If I see 4 or 5 user teams slightly ahead of me on a guy who is marginal.........i leave him alone. No sense i wasting hours of recruiting on a guys I might never sign. I would rather spend half that time on a 3 star guy who I have no competition on.

once you see that you will not sign a guy just take him off your list.

Also in the beginning I basically offer almost everyone a scholarship to see where there interest goes.........sometimes I move to the top of the list on some recruits and then i will look at these guys more closely as I have a real good shoot at signing him.

Also........lol.....make sure you see the "Pitch Complete" sign after pitching otherwise you are wasting time.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Good topic here... recruiting is easy when you get to choose your battles.

My question is - how do you get players that will improve your lower-rated team when very few have you in their top 10?

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i will sort the certain positions by the interest bar and try and sway a few player over to my team......that is a good way to grab some 4 star players.

You may only get 1-3 but those are the players that can change your team.

I was in a league with Wake Forest and I swayed 1 4* Ath and 1 4* HB to play for me that no other user teams sniffed at.

5. Razcalking1978

Yeah - the OFFL has recruiting restrictions - only 1 5-star per year - so good 4-stars are in huge demand. Have to look to the 3-stars to maybe find a sleeper, and our recruiting rules restrict the SPD ratings on lower-star players as well.

It's a recruiting war zone. :D Just like in the real world.

6. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Man that is the truth Rascal...It's kill or be killed in the recruiting trenches of the OFFL...

What always amazes me is it seems like in every dynasty I've been apart of, there is at least one guy that gets AT LEAST a 4 star player to commit early, like week 1 or week 2 and I scratch my head, then my balls, and say, "How did he do that?"

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Easy if a guy has you #1 on his list and you offer him a scholarship he could instantly sign............very random though

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Its tough to recruit with teams like my Marshall.... we can't bring anyone over a 3*.... I tried everything.

I assume I just have to keep building the program and get some more wins before the good prospects will really be interested?

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I find it better to not offer scholarships until they have you number 1, then you have that chance of an instant commit. I also use quick call 60 mins the first week just to get all those pitches unlocked. Once they are unlocked you can focus on the pitches they want. Also try to schedule your visits later than you human opponents since they usually jump to your top once they have a good visit.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Exactly DG -- the quality of recruit you can bring in directly ties into your school's prestige.

11. Razcalking1978

I think it's all about winning enough to raise your program prestige.

In the TTIV Southern Miss jumped up to 4-star prestige, and now they're lining up to sign with me.