Recruiting Help

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tbishop82, Dec 21, 2011.

1. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

I've never had recruiting caps so I'll need a little help on this one. I understand the 1-7-70 ( I've also read about a 72 somewhere on here). I guessing once I get 1 five star I quit recruiting those correct? But I get lost here: "Each season, a certain number of recruits are designated as "bonus" recruits, and this status means that they can be recruited by anyone, and they do not factor into the 1-7 system. Those recruits are typically chosen by their ranking in the class, beginning with the top 3 recruits, and then every five and four star with a rank ending in zero. So, recruits 1, 2, & 3 are "bonus" guys, as are recruits 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, ... and so on, until the recruits drop into the three star range. A little help needed here. Thanks!

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

First off, welcome to the league. I look forward to squaring off against you and your Bulldogs in the future.
    Some changes have been made, but here is a rundown of the bonus recruit system

Graves is a bonus guy for you

These guys are bonus guys for everyone
    I'd also imagine Easy will post a SEC Bonus Recruit now that you guys have 3 in your conference
    Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

The system has gone through some changes, and the old description doesn't quite fit anymore.

Here's what we got:
    1. We are set at 1-7-72 right now. The CPU is keeping up pretty well, so we upped it a tad, but without giving us more access to top guys - just a little more flexibility with who we keep and who we don't. We can cut down to 68.
    2. Now, there are some bonus recruits, but I haven't put the whole list together yet. It exists in separate threads. You will be eligible to recruit the East Regional recruit, a five star ATH who SCU is currently leading on, and you will also be able to recruit from a pool of four at large bonus recruits, two of which have already been snatched up by CPU teams.
    3. How this affects 1-7-72: If you got a bonus guy, he wouldn't count towards your 1 or your 7, so you could get 2 fives or 8 fours (or both, if you earn them by beating the rest of us on the recruiting trail), for example, without being out of bounds. The 72, however, is a hard cap - bonus recruits do not allow you to go to 73.
    That help? Scroll down a bit on the main page and you'll see the threads with the recruit names, and some trash talk from the guys. Just don't go after 4 star WR Tommy McNeal - he's spoken for :)

4. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

Thanks, I have 12 seniors so 12+2=14 scholarships. Is that right? In my other dynasties other recruits were added at the end of the season. Do I just cut those so that roster is at 70?

5. Goose

Goose Walk On