Recruiting in 2011

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jschwa17, Jul 14, 2010.

1. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Recruiting in 2011

What is your strategy for recruiting in '11? I am using Navy and it is very hard to recruit but I am going after a bunch of 3 stars and have been climbign boards but I cant seem to get past #2. I have lost a bunch of recruits to Maryland and UVA who is somethign like 6-2! But I like how realistic it is and I amexcited about taking several years to build a program, not just 3 years to a title.

2. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah I started a dynasty last night with San Jose State and damn is it alot harder to build up your program. Losing many 2 and 3 stars where in the past I could lock them up after 6 weeks. Its hard to catch up to other schools when you have nothing good to pitch for, gaining around 200 points per week just doesn't cut it. It's a great challenge though, especially when you lose 56-10 to Alabama game one. Will definitely take more than 3 years to be even decent.

3. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

I agree its hard to recruit with only 3 B rated pitches but I like recruiting agaisnt schools like temple and syracuse I can use program tradition and stuff liek that against them. But its very demoralizing losing recruits to them as well

4. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Recruiting 3/4 stars in the positions I need and going after one or two big time five stars in my pipeline. Had two 3* commit so far and going into week four against Alabama, hoping I can pull the upset and help my cause.

5. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

I booked two 3 stars in week 9 after beating Notre Dame (3-5) both were from pipeline states.

6. BIGFOOT999

BIGFOOT999 Walk On

I am doing recruiting with MTSU, and my highest ranking in anything is a C+ so every topic (aside from early playing time and possibly location) is a bad one. Makes things difficult but I am doing pretty well getting at least 2 star recruits with a few 1 stars. I also have a chance at a 3 star tackle but that is about it.

7. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

yea im going after all 3 stars right now and I just lsot a 4 star tackle to South Carolina

8. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

I think one of the biggest things while at a smaller school is making promises and keeping them. That helps with your coaches prestige and helps bring you up to par with the bigger schools. Like at Navy i dont redshirt because they dont in real life so I always promise that and I promsie winning record against rivals.

9. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i'm playing with LA Tech in my offline dynasty i pulled in 2 2* players in week one after offering them schollys

10. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

how many players from a state must you have on your roster in order for that state to be a pipeline? i thaught about recruiting a couple low start guys from a state just to pipeline it.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah man it's no joke. I'm UW (huskies) in an offline dynasty that I'm screwing around in. There is a QB that I covet. But I fall behind Florida by 200 points every week! I simply cannot compete with them at this time. I'd have to build my team up and get Florida as a pipeline to even have a shot.

12. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

dunno what people think this year, but i know in the past that kind of thing has been frowned upon.

do what you have to do offline, but online some folks might see that as not realistic and not sim. I mean a school isn't going to go recruit two scrubs in real life because they think it might get them better players from that state next year.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

exactly

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I actually disagree in the statement that it is not sim. I follow Miami recruiting a lot and it is a known practice that they will take a SR :3stars: or :2stars: as a filler at a school to get in with the coach if they see the school has studs that are FR and SO's. This is similar to what you are saying no?

15. mustangsfc16

mustangsfc16 Walk On

I'm going to agree with you on this one and say that it wouldn't surprise me if schools did this. I know my school recruited some kid from Florida and then some his friends who weren't happy at their schools in Florida transfered to my school. So although it in the game it be unrealistic and unfair to recruit 1 stars hoping to create a pipeline, this kind of thing does (sorta) happen in real life.

It would seem that recruiting kids from a certain area/state would put your school "on the map" in that state and younger kids might think harder about it because they know of some older guys who went there.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

recruiting=dirty pool
    If its in the game its in the game!!!!

17. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Michigan did this to open up the pipelines to Florida and get access to the faster players they needed to run the spread

18. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Schools often go after guys in hopes of getting to a younger teammate, this is true. Unfortunately the success rate is really, really low. It hardly ever works out for them.

The real problem is that you only need four kids to form a pipeline state. Which is just retarded. Realistically you could recruit 4 kids from a city like Houston and still not have pipeline in that city alone. A 'real' pipeline doesn't just consist of the number of kids on your roster from that state. It's generally the product of a coaching staff's relationships with high school coaches around the area.

In next year's game I would really like to see them move away from the 4-man rule and use a combination of the number of kids currently on the roster, the tenure at your school, your success at recruiting that state over the last three years, scaled requirements for more/less populous states and localized pipelines for larger states (south, central, north and west texas. North and South Florida. Nocal, socal, etc).

As to whether it's shady or not to do it in an online dynasty, that's up for discussion. In my opinion, if anyone in my dynasty wants to take 2 or 3 complete scrubs to get a pipleline, go ahead. Rosters are too small as they are and I value all of my 70 spots.

19. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

See C.J. and Chris Leak.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hi, I'm JerzeyReign and I recruit JUCOs in talent rich states such as Florida to build a pipeline. I never knew this was against 'online' laws. If someone got pissed if I grabbed some :2stars: from a talent rich state they can 'Kill Themselves' because like Drifter pointed out, I'll be the one 'wasting' a scholarship on a recruit. Then again for the most part I think my other league mates also use their 'filler' scholarships on low star recruits in 'wanted' states to build a pipeline. Seems like a great idea to me. For a 5 month old topic this sure didn't get alot of attention back then;)

21. justadude

justadude Walk On

I agree that the mechanic to acquire pipeline states is to easy. Maybe 4 recruits in 3 years with 10 still on your team would better signify the building of relationships with HS coaches. However building a pipeline to one of the big three is no big deal. After reading this thread I looked at my offline dynasty in year three and found I already had Texas as a pipeline (I had also added Oklahoma along the way). I started with California and decided to get Florida to unlock the trophy. I checked my board and found 3 FL recruits already in it and went is search of a JUCO player.

Long story short, adding JUCO talent is a viable strategy in my books since some of the 2* JUCOs have viable stats to add depth to the roster. I think all recruits should be viable for the team recruiting them, but would understand if someone added a recruit to open a pipeline, if that recruit could at least add depth.

Maybe a 'must keep until graduation or pro draft' policy for the recruits from a new pipeline state for the previous two years would offer a balance by blocking those roster spots.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Most of the dynasties here don't allow you to cut your recruits.

23. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

Actually, if I may... I would say that the effect of recruiting a 3 star in a school/state to open up a pipeline is UNDERpowered... IRL... these pipelines result in much higher gains than the paltry pipeline bonuses in NCAA11 and are more like the X2 pitch bonuses... If anything the pipeline advantage is too weak...

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I just wish in next year's game they had recruiting like College Hoops 2k8, where you can recruit kids from their FR year of high school and on

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was thinking the same. I loved that game for it's dynasty mode and recruiting. Being able to recruit freshman for four years was great.