Recruiting in pre-season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by azreinman, Jul 15, 2012.

1. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Okay, so for those who have already completed the pre-season how many duds/gems have you found? For me, when i've scouted, i've gotten a lot of duds, and i'm wondering what everyone else is getting. And is it because were doing Heisman recruiting instead of AA or Varsity, or just my bad luck?

2. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I have 9 prospects that have increased with the largest being +6 and 6 prospects that have decreased largest -3. Six prospects haven't changed. With that being said, I only have three prospects scouted 70% or higher, so there's still more time for change.

3. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Yeah, I think the highest I got was +4 on a guy- but none of mine are higher than 70-75% either. I don't think I found any busts just yet, but there's still time I suppose. Largest decrease I've seen was -2 so far.

Oh, and as far as your question goes- I'm pretty sure it's just bad luck. ;)

4. whales30

whales30 Walk On

I am doing some scouting right now and it seems like most of mine are going up some but not a lot. Does it say if the player is a dud or a gem or is it just if they go up or not?

5. whales30

whales30 Walk On

I ended up finding 1 gem so far.

6. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Well if it goes up by 5+ points the recruit is considered a gem..and yeah, as you said cyclone, pretty sure I just have terrible luck..my best recruit went down 6 points...I have a couple who have gone up 2-3 points though.

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

This is definitely going to take some getting used to. It just seems so random, hard to figure who's worth going after and who isn't. Like it'd be fun to dig up some 2 or 3 star gems, but holy crap, there's a thousand to go through and ya can't scout them all. Plus, a lot less guys start out with you on their list, so filtering that way isn't quite as worthwhile as it used to be.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I am pretty sure it is not the difficulty.

Most of my guys went down a little. I had a small, even number of gems/busts.

Still a lot of scouting left to go, so a lot could change.

9. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

best I have seen in this game is a +9 but I found 1 gem lineman but he went up from high 50's so I mean even if u polish a turd its still a turd lol

10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think I've seen a +11 or +13.

Those mid-60s guys are not bad to have if you don't need them to start until 3+ seasons down the road.

11. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Those mid-60 guys are about the best I can get with Rutgers :(

12. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

It's okay whales, same here for me with VA. And as Wick said, by there senior year those guys are going to be High 70's to low-mid 80's.

13. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea but if ya wanna move up u gotta get better than that

14. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

You do that by winning games though, not by recruiting better people.

15. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Then after you start winning you get better recruits and pitches.

16. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

but u cant win without better players. its like the chicken or the egg argument

17. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

You can win without better players, you just gotta be the best like me! Lol jk, but on a serious note, everyone's done with preseason, any chance for an advance now?

18. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Everyone isn't done with preseason. I just got back from work and I didn't even know the franchise was already up so I'll go take care of my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea i was about to say only 8 of us were ready

20. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Yeah- there's going to be 12 in the OD ;) Give everyone a chance to get in first

21. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

So I have a question about the # of scholarships we have using the formula in the other thread. Is that the amount of total offers we can have at once, or just the total we can sign?

Let's say my number is 15. If I only recruit 15 I'll probably end up with 7-12 of those players. Does that mean I just have to add players as I lose them? Or I can add more to my starting board and just remove players once I get my # of commits.

22. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

You can have as many players as you'd like on your recruiting board, the limit is merely on how many scholarships you can offer at one given time. If your cap is 15, for example, you can offer 15 recruits a scholarship. If one of those players commits elsewhere, you can reoffer that scholarship to someone else, because you'd be down to only 14 offered.

23. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

You should add a full board, and recruit the ones who have the best ratings after you scout..but obviously what you do w/ recruiting is up to you.

24. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

oh ok, thanks cyclone. That's good to know.

25. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

And we still also need Theeezy and SavedByGrace