Recruiting issue and question for everyone.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by BRUCE80, Nov 5, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Recruiting issue and question for everyone.

Please weigh in.

I have ten spots this season.

I have signed 5 four star players.

I have signed 2 five star players, one is a bonus guy.

7 total as of now.

I noticed when looking today that two of my Seniors are my K and P.

If I finish out how I planned I would recruit ten position players and be at 70 players. I didnt honestly notice this until today with the K and P, the K and P would have to walk on putting me at 72.

The good thing is I can stop recruiting now and sit at 68 allowing for the walk ons or try to land a kick and punter and be at 70.

What are everyones thoughts on this? It doesnt matter to me either way and will do what the league feels is right.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think you have to wait before signing any more guys that are NOT kickers and punters. Who knows, maybe you will have a couple guys leave early that will open up some spots for you, but if you go over 70 you will be assessed a penalty in addition to being at the CPU's mercy when it comes to cutting guys.

3. BRUCE80

Kinda what I figured, if you get walk ons at K and P and are already at 70 then it breaks the limit rule. Glad I got what I got and noticed and stopped before I was totally screwed.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Definitely a good thing you noticed. We do not treat going over 70 lightly. Think Guantanamo Bay ;)

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I agree...Stupid kickers and punters.

6. BRUCE80

This is something everyone should pay attention too and not just at P n K.

The position limit will add walk ons if you dont have enough depth somewhere.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Personally, I can't seem how it would be possible to miss something like that. When I recruit, I hit my "Y" button to look at my players per position so I know what positions to recruit. I have my own personal minimums on players per position which would keep me from getting walkons, but when you have an actual need (which would result in a walkon) that position is highlighted in bright red to let you know.

Do you not check your team's info with the "y" button?

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Man, with our settings a walk on kicker might be tough to have on your team.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This is true. The only way around it is by switching an excess player from another position to the position of need. For instance, I have a need at MLB this year. I've signed 2 fantastic OLB's and so I'm counting on moving one of them, or one of my existing OLB's, to MLB in the offseason. So after recruiting I'm going to show that I still have a need for 1 MLB, but I'll make the position change before walk-on's are accepted.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Pretty useless post. He missed it. He caught it. He's going to stay under the limit. We're all glad that you check your Y button and have never missed anything.

(y)

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's not useless if he (or anyone else reading this) doesn't do that and now knows that it's a good idea to do it.

It's not useless if he does do that and there was some bug involved that caused it to not show up correctly, which I would like to know about.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fair enough -- the way I read it, I read a lot of sarcasm and stuff like that. Sorry about the douche-bagish response Jello.

13. BRUCE80

No big deal I am used to that kinda response......

Of course I check the Y button this isnt my first dynasty! ;)

For some reason it just didnt really register with me, I caught myself which is good and took some stuff off my board that could have caused me harm.....but I got to thinking about this today and it didnt make sense...hence the post to make sure.

The good news is I have a K interested and have signed seven, so ill have one four star spot left for the offseason.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I wasn't sure if Basis' response to Jello's post was meant to be funny or not but I did find it very funny, just the part about Jello never missing anything. I say that b/c Jello is the KING of finding the exact info. that's being talked about, posting it and/or copy and pasting it from a previous thread...Funny stuff. Every dynasty needs a Jello to keep track of what was previously said, etc. Good job Jello! The Y button in recruiting IS very important...Who the hell wants a walk-on??

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think from now on I am ONLY taking walk-on kickers and punters. These recruits fucking SUCK!