Recruiting limit violations - ALL READ

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Recruiting limit violations - ALL READ

Guys, I was revewing everyones scholarship offers vs the maximum allowed for each team last night, and 2 owners were in violation of the only rule we have - that you cannot offer more scholarships at any time than the number of seniors you have plus the number of players you have below 70.

Each owner in violation has been contacted and has this week to clean up their recruiting boards. I will check everyones scholarships again next week, and if a team is still in violation NCAA sanctions will result.

Thanks.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

To all you cheaters out there:

[​IMG]

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Not to re-open old wounds, but everyone please see below for the ramifications that will be enforced should any team violate the 70 player recruiting rule:

If any team is over 70 players entering the 'cut players' stage of the offseason, that team will be forced to cut one of their top incoming recruits for each player over 70 on the roster (top players as determined by ranking in the overall recruit listing). Additionally, that team will be fined 1 hour of recruiting in week 1 of the following season for each player over the 70 player limit.

Note that the 'cut player' stage will be simmed, and if necessary I will take the dynasty offline to do manual cuts for teams over 70 players and then re-invite everyone for preseason.

The rule isn't difficult to understand and it seems nearly everyone is on board, so hopefully I don't have to do any of the above.

Some pointers that will help you keep out of hot water:
    1. Turn off all CPU recruiting assistance. The CPU loves to use any extra time to make scholarship offers, do visits and add players to your board. In the offseason this can kill you vs the limit.
    2. Make sure you are aware of holes in your depth chart and recruit accordingly. Walk ons will count against your team roster limit. Pay special attention to leaving space in your scholarship number for K's and P's.
    3. Transfers in will count vs your roster limit for that offseason, not the following year.

If anyone has any questions, post em up here or pm me.