Recruiting Limits

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Austin1990 had a good question going into offseason recruiting:
    The answer is:

Your roster should never go over 70 players. If after players leaving you have 55 players on your roster with 10 commitments, you may sign 5 guys in the offseason. This means that you need to need to make sure you are dropping guys as your available scholarships decrease. Having 8 offers with 3 available scholarships is prob not the best idea to stay within the confines of the rule, especially if all 8 have you number one. That is why you need to make sure you have your minimum roster spots filled because you will have to take the walk-on and drop your last commitment.

2. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Thanks! That's what I thought the answer would be.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Looking at the Recruit Tracker some of us doing a great job keeping up with the signings, some of us not so much. Guys please make sure we are updating this especially before tomorrow night.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'm still a little confused on the timing aspect of roster sizes :confused:

After players leaving this is where Duke stands....

12 commitments (which according to my pre-season math was how many scholarships I had available)
    Lost 2 underclassmen to transfers (low 60 rated guys anyway so I let them leave)
    I have 38 returning players

Does leave me two additional scholarships since I had 2 guys transfer? Or more?

I feel like I may have messed up the pre-season math and should have been afforded more scholarships initially. I'll be heading into next season currently with 50 players right now.

Any input would help before tonight fellas.....

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If you currently have 50 guys on the roster, including the 12 commitments, then you can add up to 20 additional recruits. The current roster sizes on DW do not include the commitments. The commitments are int he far left section of the Team Needs tab on DW.

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Wow, well I am missing the math used at the beginning of the season (which to my math skills gave me 12 scholarships), to now being able to add an additional 20 guys to reach the max roster size of 70.

Wish I hadn't removed so many deadbeats that weren't all gems from my list in n the recruiting trail. Better go see if I can re-drum up that interest.