Recruiting Mania S3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 9, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

All recruiting talk goes aqui.

2. IrishBearcat

Cal Week Season 3 Commitments

# [/COLOR][/COLOR]PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT CALIBER OVERALL NOTABLE ATTRIBUTES[/FONT][/COLOR]
    1 [​IMG]Nick Green WR 5'11 170 LBS :4stars: TBD A- CAR, B RTR & REL & SPC & CIT, C CTH
    2 [​IMG]Dwayne Anderson WR 6'1 189 LBS :4stars: TBD A- CAR, B+ SPD, B RTR, C CTH
    3 [​IMG]Anthony Carpenter WR 6'0 180 LBS :4stars: TBD B+ SPD, B AGI, B- ELU, C CTH
    4 Brenton Smith HB 6'0 198 LBS :4stars: TBD A AGI, B+ SPD & ACC, B ELU & JKM
    5 David Frederick TE 6'8 252 LBS :4stars: TBD B speed & break tackle, C+ strength, C catching
    6 Will Johnson OLB 6'1 197 LBS :3stars: TBD B SPD & JMP & PUR, C+ TKL & ZCV

As I've stated this will be an extremely SMALL class. I have 7 seniors + 2 additional scholarships I won from the Pick'EM. With 1/9 spots filled, the class should be finished by mid-season.

I really like Frederick, he's the first complete tight-end we've landed since our arrival in Berkeley. He's got awesome mesurables at 6'8 and 252 to provide a nice target. He's strong, has GREAT hands, and can't shed tacklers easily.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    UCLA gets instant commit from MLB Shawn Jones. Jones is going to be our blitz happy MLB, he has the speed and acceleration to easily shoot gaps to cause disruptions in the back field or get to the QB without a problem. He has horrible cover skills so we won't ask for him to try and cover receivers, let alone go into zone coverages that's just asking for trouble.​

• Like Like x 1
  4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This is going to be a SICK class yet again. I'm going after all 8 :4stars: that had me first.

5. IrishBearcat

Man.. looking at this class there really isn't as much talent as there has been in past classes, especially in terms of who is looking at Cal!

Washington, Oregon State, and UCLA are all setup for a very EASY recruiting year. As I said above, I'm not sure about the quality of this year's recruiting class as a whole.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea, my defense is just going to be absolutely fucking dominant if my players commit.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

:3stars:#42 HB Jeremy Brooks 6'2 196 - B+ Speed and ACC, B- Elusiveness - First real recruit that I've gotten at Colorado. I think it's a solid pick up, but he will redshirt because of the depth at HB. He'll take over as the starter after Creer leaves if things go as planned.

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Week 1-3 - I had 3 (4 stars commit at the start of week 1).

Week 4 - I added another 4(star) commit.

So far OSU has landed 4 (4 star recruits). They have 11 spots remaining to fill.

Recruits are as follows:

WR Mike Beck (rated #41 in top 100 and #11th among WR). Has great size but lacks top end speed. Beck has excellent Route running skills, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, jumping and release (all of these attributes are rated B or higher). Beck has the best catching abilities overall of all WRs. Beck will find his way into the starting role especially with his catching ability.

ATH (DE) Jared Robinson (rated #37 in top 100 and #11th among ATH). A little undersized at the DE position. If he bulks up prior to arriving on campus he may find the field quick. Has good block shedding and tackle attributes. Needs to work on his pursuit though.

G Nick Scott (rated #11 at the G position and 161 overall). Scott has tremendous size at 6'5" 334 lbs. He is very quick off the line and has great speed for a lineman his size. Needs to work on his stamina.

SS Matt Gibson (rated #12 at the SS position and 233 overall). Bibson will fit well in the 3-4 scheme with his size at 6'1" 205lbs. He has excellent jumping ability and good catching ability for a defensive back. Gibson is decent playing man coverage and zone coverage however with time he will and learning the OSU defense he should get better at it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]

Bruins get their second commit of the Season nabbing the #11 SS in the nation, Mike Stewart. Mike Stewart will be starting immediately since our SS will be leaving next year. Stewart will be an excellent addition to the the Bruins 4-3 defense. Stewart has B+ zone coverage and B Accel. His press is a C+ and his speed is also a C+. His play recognition abilities are solid as well coming in with a C+ rating. This kid is going to be the real deal for the Bruins defense next season.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. IrishBearcat

Cal Week 6 Commitments

# [/COLOR][/COLOR]PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT CALIBER OVERALL NOTABLE ATTRIBUTES[/FONT]
    1 Dwayne Anderson WR 6'1 189 LBS :4stars: TBD A- CAR, B+ SPD, B RTR, C CTH
    2 Anthony Carpenter WR 6'0 180 LBS :4stars: TBD B+ SPD, B AGI, B- ELU, C CTH
    4 Will Johnson OLB 6'1 197 LBS :3stars: TBD B SPD & JMP & PUR, C+ TKL & ZCV

Two big gets at wide receiver. Oshiomogho, thoughts on my commits at the position? You always do a good job of finding good receivers.

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Anderson is a good receiver but his 77th overall player ranking seems a little high IMO. Carpenter has to rely on his straigh line speed to hopefully stretch the field to make plays. At least Anderson is a good route runner who will run himself open against the DBs in the Pac 12 and should make some good plays if used correctly. Neither guy seems like the guy to take a short pass and break through the defense but Anderson is a guy I could see going for a 2500 yard career. Hopefully for you, you can land Nick Green. he looks like he should be very solid for a few years. Looking at your WRs now, once Allen and Clay leave you, it's going to be a battle to find the next guy to step up. And I think you should have nice depth with Johnson, Kirk, and Curry already in there. Not sure why 3 or more WRs was a focus of your recruiting when you only could sign like 10 guys

I got a commit from a decent top 150 WR already and have my eyes on 2 or 3 more WRs but the best of them all i feel is the one who isnt a top 150 guy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Is it just me or should oshio be our resident recruting analyst? Just throwin it out there lol... U really do offer good insight bro, maybe u should do an lv weekly recruiting show or something? I'd pay attention for sure ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

There are a lot of things I would love to do with our league but in all reality, I hold back because of our extreme pace! If we advanced every 3 or 4 days, it would allow for more. but we get like a whole season done in 2 weeks. Which I love too but I have other things going on too in my life so a lot of the time, I dont spend much more time on the game then I have to with playing and recruiting.

But occasionally I dont mind having a look see at whats going on around the league and giving some insight

14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I feel u bro! I just enjoy ur insight when it comes to recruiting.....

15. IrishBearcat

Thanks for the insight. What do you look for when you're recruiting WRs? What makes a WR "good" in your eyes?

With only 7 spots for my class (9 including the 2 extra scholarships I won!) coupled with zero needs, I'm simply trying to scoop up the best talent. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of good talent that is interested in Cal for this class. Hoping things change once we hit the off-season!

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I can give you some tips on receivers. The kind of receivers you should want are receivers who can run their routes(B and up)and have a solid catch rating(C+ and up). Those receivers will be able to separate easily from the weak secondary teams. With those type of receivers your pass game will be more of a threat since their animation is much smoother and they don't plant their feet in the ground as low route running receivers do.

17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Very true. Speed is important but without agility and acceleration, it's practically worthless. Like I said before, good route runners can run themselves open. jumping is only important at times. If you are good with routes and throw to open men, they may never need to jump.
    I like guys who are athletic after the catch as well. Basically running backs when they get the ball in their hands. The carry rating is kinda dumb as its mainly just to not fumble, but elusiveness and agility mixed with moves like the juke and spin and the ability to break tackles will take a quick slant or out route and get past the defender to turn it in to a 20+ yard play.

One thing I need to start finding more of, here and Wisconsin, is guys who can beat the press. Teams who like to blitz, like to press. And if your wrs get nowhere after 2 seconds, that blitz has a 2 second head start to be in your face and get a sack or force a poor throw.

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

There are hardly any receivers with good release ratings in this game you know? Lol, it's ridiculous in my opinion but I don't really focus on release though I only focus on route running players they stick out more since I just love passing lol

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    HE'S A BITCH

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    In other Bruin news the Bruins picked up the #13 Tackle in the nation, Antonio Holloway. I viewed the tape on this kid and he can do it all. He can run block and pass block and he's strong as well. His size may be big but his acceleration is good sitting at a B+ which allows him to make pulls on outside runs. He will be pushing defensive linemen on their behinds when he gets experience.​

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    Tim Grant, oh man what a great addition he is to the 4-3. This is the definition of a coverage outside linebacker. This kids rating for zone coverage is a B- while his man coverage is a C+. Give this kid some time and he will be like a safety. Grant also has solid agility sitting at a C+ and great acceleration sitting at a A-. The Bruins class is shaping up really nice this season.​

22. fuzzyl0gic

dammit

• Like Like x 1
  23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    The last recruit we got last week was Chris White. This guy is just the package in my opinion. Chris is a cornerback with quick agility and acceleration sitting at a B+ and has excellent speed sitting at an A. He's speedy but this guy can also play shutdown D. He sits at a B- at man coverage, he can work on that over the season and he sits at a B at zone coverage and a B at pressing. This kid may just get playing time early at the Bruins since our corners aren't as good.​

24. IrishBearcat

Cal Season 3 Commitments

# [/COLOR][/COLOR]PLAYER NAME POSITION HEIGHT WEIGHT CALIBER OVERALL NOTABLE ATTRIBUTES[/FONT]
    1 [​IMG] Nick Green WR 5'11 170 LBS :4stars: TBD A- CAR, B RTR & REL & SPC & CIT, C CTH
    2 [​IMG] Dwayne Anderson WR 6'1 189 LBS :4stars: TBD A- CAR, B+ SPD, B RTR, C CTH
    3 [​IMG] Anthony Carpenter WR 6'0 180 LBS :4stars: TBD B+ SPD, B AGI, B- ELU, C CTH
    4 David Frederick TE 6'8 252 LBS :4stars: TBD B speed & break tackle, C+ strength, C catching
    5 Will Johnson OLB 6'1 197 LBS :3stars: TBD B SPD & JMP & PUR, C+ TKL & ZCV

Updated class. THREE ESPNU150 WR's :D

Nick Green is the latest commitment, best of the bunch for sure!

25. fuzzyl0gic

What a shame, they're still going to lose to Washington every year.