1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Recruiting on Dynasty Wire

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sabo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ok so tonight I try to do my recruiting from the dynasty wire while im at work. I will never make this mistake again. I lost 60 minutes on one guy because i tried to schedule him for a visit and soon as the little screen popped up it said there has been an error. So i went back and lost the entire hour and the prospect cant be called again.

Hopefully noone else makes the same mistake as i did.

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

I always recruit online. The key is making sure you only press a button once and then let it respond. If you get impatient and hit it again, you will get an error everytime.

3. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Agreed- I think it will error out and cost you time if you go to "make promise" and then cancel instead of making a selection as well

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

But any time you offer a visit on-line you get the error, it doesn't matter if you click it only once.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

The only time I get an error for offering a visit is when the recruit doesn't have an open weekend when I have a home game.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I don't like recruiting online because it is buggy and eats up your time on occasion. Console never does that.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Since I figured out those 2 issues I haven't lost time in months. In my opinon its a million times faster to recruit online and my wife doesnt think I was playing my ps3 for 3 hours straight.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sabo your in Cream of Crop! Congrats man

9. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

lol i lost on both my CB's to you and LSU because of bored work days and couldn't resist the temptation of recruiting. But I will never recruit other than the ps3 again.

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I had that happen to me twice I think. The first time, I said I'd never let it happen again. Well, I made the mistake and it did happen again. Since then I have not used the recruiting function online. I just think the time is too valuable on some recruits to take an unnecessary chance.

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Loosing a CB to LSU is the right move to make if you value the interests of the recruit ;)

12. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

true they do have a great basket weaving course

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Les Miles probably teaches a class on time management.

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Teaches kids how to be the #5 ranked team in the nation.

15. TD351

TD351 Walk On

After being burned by dynasty wire recruiting a couple of time I have found that Mozilla Firefox does not seem to have the same issues with crashing/losing time that Internet Explorer does.

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

I use Firefox and have not had any issues either.

17. TD351

TD351 Walk On

And if you get an error pop up it seems to not kick you off of a call if you click the "x" instead of "OK"- clicking OK will drop the call every time from my experience.

18. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

great tips. i got boned over the holidays a few times.