Recruiting Overages

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, May 31, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Recruiting Overages

We have a 70 player cap, but we also have some new guys. If you were over when you got your team, say so. Just don't lie. I can go back and check, and I'll call you out in a most condescending way. If you went over, be cool about it and take the penalty. Here's how it breaks down:

1. If you're over, the CPU does your cuts. Often, they cut guys you don't necessarily want them to cut.

2. For each player over 70 you have on your roster right now, you lose five hours of recruiting time, starting in week 1, and continuing until the penalty is served. There will be no breaking it up.

- ex. A guy with 75 guys on his roster right now will lose 25 hours of recruiting, meaning he may recruit five hours starting in week 3, and continue as normal after that. A guy with 72 may not recruit in week 1. Both of these teams will suffer CPU cuts as well.

That's how we do things. Now, with this being the last season and all, I'm sure this means very little to most of you, but we will be using the standard rules, even if we don't really need them anymore, just to keep things as even as possible across the entire league.

Also, my guess is that most if not all overages are the product of someone not knowing a certain rule, or not being familiar with how we play. No one is going to be ridiculed for the mistake. The penalties will be enforced, but no one is calling anybody out here. It's just a miscue. Now, here's the list:

1. Oregon State = 73 = 15hr penalty
    2. Texas = 78 = 40hr penalty (got to turn off that CPU assist stuff, my friend)
    3. Cal = 71 = 5hr penalty (we discussed this. It may be a CPU error. It has happened to me before)
    4. Mizzou = 72 = 10hr penalty
    5. Notre Dame = 71 = 5hr penalty

That's almost half of us. If anyone has reason to challenge their penalty, let it be known, and we'll discuss it. Just remember - walk-ons are your fault. You should know where your needs are, and account for them, either in recruiting, or in approved position changes. If the CPU drops a walk-on on your roster that you didn't need, say so, but if you had a need, and the CPU filled it, then that is your problem. Let me know if you have anything to discuss.

AG

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I went over in the East, and I have absolutely no idea how it happened.

I didn't over-recruit, and I didn't have any walk-ons or transfers in.

How the hell did I end up with 73 guys on my roster? I really don't get it. Could use some help.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm thinking I may hear a bit of this. If you come up with a why, let me know. I'm curious. I happen to know that some schools have been done recruiting for a while, yet they have extra guys now. My stuff worked out exactly as planned, so I'd like to hear the stories out there.

4. Razcalking1978

Oh for... I figured it out.

It was my Seniors that I red-shirted.

5. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

I cant find my NCAA disk... So take off any guys, I havent seen who I got yet anyways.. I would have 70 if I didn't go on a trip, but family goes over video games. I will find NCAA as quick as I can.

6. I am with Raz here on this. I was very diligent in making sure I recruited 14 players to be at 70. Was at 68 and 12 seniors leaving. Once I signed #14 I removed the last guy #15 on my recruiting board. So how I got 1 extra I have no idea.

When I log in I will look.

7. Razcalking1978

I figured mine out. It was the Seniors that I red-shirted. I counted them as Seniors in my calculations, but of course they remained on my team.

8. Shit, I wonder if I did that too. Damn. Chalk that one up to lesson learned.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I was over by 1 guy. I don't want to blame it on the cpu as I had 2 spots and 3 guys on my board going into week 5. Only two guys wanted to visit so I talked to them and set up visits, they both committed. The third guy I ignored, big mistake, should have removed him since he committed as well. Dock me for my blunder as it was a bone head move that won't happen next time.
    The only thing that throws me off is that I had two players leave early but I still went over?

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I didnt clear my board and I was at 70 with 2 or 3 guys who had me listed as 1 or 2 on choices. No excuses...My fault

11. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Same thing with me. I think the cpu must have put a couple players on my team after I cleared my board. I'll remember to turn off the cpu assist now.

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Hitman- I think I redshirted a senior o-lineman. Maybe Chris Stewart? That's probably why you're one over. Sorry about that, I didn't think about it. Never redshirted a senior before. Good lesson learned though.

13. No worries, even if I did that I would have never thought about going over because of it

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think I also redshirted a sr lb, if I remember correctly. Too bad this is our last season and our recruits won't matter since Cal is at 6 star prestige with a cpu controlled USC on the recruiting trail.