Recruiting Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 12, 2010.

?

Recruiting: Earn 'Em or Old Way

Poll closed Apr 19, 2010.
  1. Earn our Recruits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Old Way

100.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Recruiting Poll

Alright, let's get this settled once and for all. Simple question. Should we earn our recruits or go back to everyone having 5 star recruits and unlimited 4 stars?

I won't bring up my points for one or the other until majority of the folks have voted so I cannot sway votes.

2. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I say earn the recruits i like the restrictions

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I pick earn due to the realism. of course i will never have to worry about it because i will always have enough 4 and 5 stars every year to make my recruiting amount anyways

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I think it ends up being alot more realistic this way..atleast the result is, ohio state never gets five star recruits unless they are from ohio or pennsylvania and that still dosent happen often. 1 or 2 every year is about right and they really dont get a ton of four stars either. They actually do really good at developing 3 stars. AJ hawk, James lauranitis, M. Jenkins, B. Carpenter, Santonio Holmes were all 3 stars, even Troy Smith was a 3 star who played instead of 4 star QB justin Zwick.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

yeah and ncaa does a great job of having some 3 stars becoming great players

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I just like the fact that I have to actually go out and recruit. Some of these 3 star recruits are some cocky son a bitches. I think all of 'em shot me down the last couple of weeks. Only have one player to get and he'll be starting next year, stubborn SOB.

7. Coach Bindel

Coach Bindel Walk On

I am in a bad spot on this poll, because I started basically seven weeks behind everyone in recruiting - so I've been strugglin'.

After that four week head start from joinging the season late, I found out in Week 7 that I couldn't get any 5 Star recruits, so I had wasted all that time on those recruits.
    Therefore, I am hurting a bit

As far as realism goes, I am USC, and I am turning down 5 Stars who have me #1. It stings just a bit - I guarantee Lane Kiffin isn't turning down guys.

A good compromise could be as follows:

Earn 5* recruits and unlimited 4*.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

my vote is for $ell....lol jk...im sorta middle of the road here...however i will vote if im the tie-breaker