Recruiting Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Recruiting Question

Thought I'd ask what you guys think:

I'm currently chasing, and in good shape to land, 2 five-star guys. They have both visited, so I'm not likely to have a "both signing at the same time" issue, but I want to be careful.

Both interest bars are high, and pretty equal to each other. I was planning to wait until one or both soft commit, then choose one and then drop the other or somehow decide between them. Do you think I'm running a big risk of over-signing by doing this? Is it a random kind of thing, or is there a way to "know" when a guy's going to sign?

Thanks,

AG

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think it is a pretty risky move, but you *should* get a soft commit before they sign since they have already visited. I wouldn't take the chance, but that is just me. The penalty outweighs the gain.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I would be careful, the penalty is stiff.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just worry about dropping a guy, and then getting no one. Both have visited, so I run the risk of getting leapfrogged by the competition if I drop one and focus on the other.

Maybe I should just make a choice and concentrate on that guy.

AG

5. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I think you should just sign both of them, then let the one you don't want transfer to Mizzou(y)

6. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Maybe I missed something because I'm new, but I got the impression we had to meet 1 of the criteria on "the list" within the recruiting list. Show up for all user games, win conference, ect. I thought was the only way to be able to recruit a 5 star. Since this is the first year, I didnt see any criteria that could be met without atleast getting through one season.

So shouldn't there be nobody recruiting 5 stars this season? Maybe I'm completely missing the boat here, but please enlighten me.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Elk, those criteria are for next year's recruiting class. In year 1, we all get the same thing: 1 5*, 4*'s = half the class.

AG, I've got 3-4 5's that I lead for. Trying to schedule visits on different weeks so I don't run the risk of getting 2. If it were me in your shoes, I'd recruit one of them really hard for a couple weeks and go easy or not at all on the other one. But if you have someone right behind you on both of them, it's a tough decision.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think I'm going to drop and add one of them, call him, but leave him without an offer. If I get beat out on the other guy, I'll re-offer. You guys will just have to trust that I won't pull another visit.

Also, I have another guy who I think will be interested in me at any time, so I'll add him and call him, but not offer. He's not the one I really want, but if I get beat out, I think I can still get a five.

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Definitely your safest move here. It was mentioned before my post, just look for the soft commit. They usually Hard Commit the following week, unless you just blow the guy off and don't call him. They really don't like that.:D

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I would just go hard after the player that other users are going after, that way not only can you land the guy but you will make the real competition try harder.