recruiting question

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by bcduggan, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

recruiting question

What is the best way to recruit?

I have told by people I am wrong in how I recruit. I only recruit players who are interested in my school unless I have a need that no one is interested in my school.

Is that wrong?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's the most logical way. You're supposed to be able to get guys who aren't interested in you, but that's a risk and I haven't seen it work very often.

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I think you should try to recruit some players that aren't interested. It works sometimes. Especially, if you are at a smaller school. I mean, you shouldn't be going for a 5* at a 1-2* school. You can get lucky though.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your recruiting the right way IMO. But if you coach one of the big four: Texas, Florida, USC, or tOSU then your doing in wrong. Those four schools can grab almost anyone their little heart desires.

If your only recruiting against the CPU, then you'll probably can grab them pretty easily. If its' against another user than obviously it's harder, unless it's one of the four horseman.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Your leaving out Notre Dame.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Them too? Haven't recruited against a ND user yet, actually we just recieved one in Chaos, thanks for brightening up my day lol. Now I have to recruit against Texas, Florida, Ohio State and Notre Dame. Wow, and this year our class only has 24 five star recruits, lol.

7. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

If I find a player I just must have I offer a scholarship week one, if they aren't on my top 10 by week 2 I usually drop them unless they have no other scholarship offers. Then I may just keep him on but don't waste time on them.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You can recruit with your eyes closed and your no power at video game ND. :rolleyes:

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

With a low-rated team you are going to lose ground on other guys (even with low-rated teams) who recruit all the players. I recommend adding the top 8-10 players that like Buffalo and then the top 10 or even more players that would help your team (the very best players, preferrably that don't have other users in their top 10) and offer them a scholarship week 1. If you offer 10 you'll have at least 2-3, usually more, that put you into their top 10.

After the first week move the ones that have interest to the top of your board. Of the remaining, look for those that don't have other teams going after them, and keep them on the board somewhere but add a few more players that haven't been offered a scholarship and offer them. Doing this you should have at least 5-6 really good players that bump Buffalo into their Top 10 by the second week. Landing studs like this on a low-rated team propels you to prominence faster and soon you'll be rolling in recruits.

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Building pipelines is crucial as well. Focus your recruiting on states like texas, florida, ohio, california. If you have more then 3 players on your squad from a state, that state becomes a pipeline.

I used to coach akron, got them to 4 star prestige and they still didn't get nearly the recruits that my 4 star South carolina squad had in another league. Why? Pipeline states. Akron recruited primarily from Ohio alone, while SC had most of the southeast.

11. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I think you need 5 players from one state to make it a pipeline...