Recruiting question...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

While I think this year is a step up from last year and is more difficult I really don't get what's what. I thought the whole process went from how many points you got and how many points the other teams received.

Well I was doing some research based on a thread about pitches in the coaches forum and now I am totally clueless. I picked a recruit and then went and created 10 coaches(1 for every team interested) turned off all recruiting help. And unlocked pitches for every one untill week 3 and decided to use noted dame as my subject. This week I only recruited with notre dame. Nd was in 5th and 280 points down. I scored 465 points and a visit I advanced thinking I would now be up 185+ whatever the visit got me( that was the point to see what pitches matter VH b+ or H A). When I advanced I was still down 160 points....

So can some one explain what's the process of this system?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    There is a random boost you get every week. I'm not sure what it is or how much it is. It seems to be better when you are winning and your pitches line up.

Did you other teams ahead of you win?

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

yeah you get points just for being on his board.... but the point total varies between schools, prestige and position on the board.....

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

By your example, Im a little confused. You were down 280 points, and after the visit and 465, you were down 160, meaning you gained 120 points or 6%.

I've found it extremely hard to gain on CPU teams like Bama, LSU, and Michigan. Same goes for other 5 star or higher CPU teams. Just this past week i had my first x2 in two recruiting seasons and got close to 758 point on a player that I was 80 points behind on. I figured at least I would jump in the lead, and possibly by a bunch. Bama was in the lead. Im still 4% down this week.

I think a lot of it has to do with the CPU team you are recruiting against. I just assume that LSU/Bama/Michigan are getting 500 points a week.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, but he's pointed out that he had control of the other teams and didn't recruit with them so the other teams got 0.

I think there's some flaws in the recruiting system. Last year, I was behind on 2 guys, one was with Southern Miss and one was Vanderbilt. Both guys I was #2 and the other inferior school was #1. Neither of the inferior schools had offered and I spent 60 minutes every week on both guys negative recruiting the crap out of the other schools. I could never jump them. I constantly stayed at -1. And they hadn't even offered the kid and then they get a soft commit. That's some jacked up shit.

I really think the new recruiting system has a lot of bugs that EA hasn't bothered to fix. It's very frustrating.

To go further, the logic behind some of it makes no sense to me. If the player picks which topics to discuss, why does he seemingly constantly pick the topics that mean the least to him? A player would always start with the topics he's most interested in and then work down. Not some random BS.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Depends on personality.:) You don't know anyone who always marches right for the bad, even if there is a ton of good stuff to talk about?

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I like the random factor just because if you always talk about the same things, you would always get the same point totals (i.e. 347 points every week). With this system you could have 300 one week and 450 the next.

I think that there should be a feature that if your school is terrible at something that your recruit doesn't care about, that he eventually wouldn't bring it up again. So there should be some sort of maturing process as he drops from 10, 8, 5 and then to his top 3 schools.

I think they need to look into why so many schools will continue to recruit guys deep into the year without offering. They are obviously spending a lot of time on them. My guess would be that the prospect was reordered to the top part of their board and then they sign their "quota" of that position and then never offer.

8. OMlawdog

I have no idea if EA actually put this much thought into it, but the guys that I run into that keep a school at the top that hasn't offered, is usually the hometown school or a highly prestigous school. Last year I was recruiting this WR from Ohio, and got to #2 and spent the last three weeks trying to get past OSU who hadn't offered. Once the offseason got here I brought him in for a visit first week thinking I was going to for sure land him, well I didn't. OSU offered first week of offseason and grabbed him. THat would actually happen in real life. Ole Miss is recruiting several players in LA this year that they have told our staff that they are #1 unless LSU offers, and if LSU offers they are going to LSU. So technically no matter what Ole Miss does, they aren't going to eclipse LSU.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Floyd Raven is one of them. A&M got on him too late.

10. OMlawdog

Yeah, Ole Miss really likes him, but apparently he wants to go to LSU desperately. There is talk that he will take a greyshirt offer from LSU over full rides from A&M and Ole Miss.