Recruiting questions?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Grizzlegoon, May 27, 2012.

1. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

well im gonna be honest, im good at the gameplay aspect of the game but when it comes to recruiting in need ALOT more improvement... since u guys seem to very good knowledge of recruiting.. i got a few question i wanted to ask but didnt wanna seem stupid...

1. Are there any ways to increase the progression that player gains for year to year or there is a way to control it somewhat...

2. If i play as a 2 star team should i focus on getting alot players thats close to that tier or higher

3. Do u guys have ur players switch postion often... ex: if u have 4 TE and a shortage in another position like a DT would u switch him there

4. Whats the point of Redshirting a player?

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Slow down and proof read your posts-- goes a long way trust me.

For the sake of you getting something out of this post, I will try to answer some.

1) I believe Coach prestige might play into it? If not then school prestige did- I don't remember.

2) If you are a 3 star of below I always strive to get 3 star players- they usually pan out to be low 80's type players which is enough to win games with and be consistent. Try not to dip below 3 stars (unless JUCO) because then they aren't going to ever be worth much-- obviously a 2 or 1 star is better then a walk on, but you get it I think.

3) I don't switch much except for athletes -- I used to be able to find WR's that could play CB well or vice versa that I would flip flop-- and occasionally a big TE can move to OL. Regardless though, you would have to check what position changes are ok with your commish for your league.

4) Redshirting gives the player a year to increase their attributes- which will lead to them being overall better down the road. It also retains a year of eligibility so instead of having a freshman RB sit on the bench and burn his frosh season behind a couple good backs, he can redshirt and save that year of eligibility while simultaneously improving his skill set.

3. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

4. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

This.

1. I would assume production plays a role here but never really spent much energy on it. Progression is what it is.

2. Not even sure what your going for here...

3. If you love spending time recruiting time on a TE just to have him become a shity DT by all means do so... Rarely would this happen in RL so it shouldn't happen here. Changing of positions should be a rare occasion.

4. Redshirting gives your player an extra year to gain progression points without using eligibility. Ideally, you want to be able to RS all incoming freshman.

5. You've gone on quite a posting rampage. Its okay to pace yourself... don't wanna run out of all the random shit that's flowing through your stream of conscious!

5. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

lmao oh no im just having fun asking questions ..... trying to learn new stuff... speaking ur mind and learning new stuff is the point of forums right? if i post 1 thing or 100 does it matter just wondering... im not here to start trouble but if im causing a problem be more direct and professionial is all im saying.. i asked a question and it got answered but thx for adding ur 2 cents :)

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm serious.

Please punctuate and capitalize. Typing words is how you communicate on the internet. I don't care how you text your buddies, but around here if you expect people to read and reply you should be respectful enough to make it readable. It's just lazy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I can't be more direct.

Quality over quantity.

Pace yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This guy is a waste of your breath and time I hope you all know

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grizzlegoon

Grizzlegoon Walk On

Shaun... ok i understand and i can respect that ... same for what u said ChaoticUT.

David man seriously if u feel that way thats cool.... im not here to be a problem just letting u know that..

Last edited: May 27, 2012