Recruiting Reports

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Mar 13, 2010.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Oct 21, 2009
    Recruiting Reports

This is something I noticed in another dynasty and it really got people more active and talking more about recruiting. I am going to start doing my own recruiting rankings based on a few key areas for each position. I was planning to have all the positions done by weeks 8, but now that I see what a monumental undertaking this is I am going to do one offensive and one defensive position a week until I get them all done. I am only planning to do the top 5-10 for each position depending on how many we typically need to fill out rosters. When I get done with the position's I am going to rank what I think are the 50 best prospects in this class. I just thought it might get a little more activity on the boards for this dynasty. I talked to Papa and got his blessing so I am hoping he will sticky it either in the recruiting reports forum or on the front page. By the end of today I will have QB's and SS done. Hopefully by tomorrow I can have up FS and RB. And since we may be taking a long week from Tuesday, maybe I can get a few more done before we advance to week 8.

Next season I will start all the rankings in week 1, but probably won't post them until sometime between weeks 6-8. I like to dig deep into the recruits and see where the hidden gems are, and while we all do that to some extent not all of us are as excited about that phase of the game. And I personally don't feel it is fair for someone to go digging deep into the :2stars: and find a guy who no one else knows about, only to have someone else swing in and nab him in week 2 or 3 because they read my reports. It's a completely different issue if someone finds them on their own, but I don't want to do homework for the whole dynasty. :D

I have been really busy looking through each position and haven't given much thought to the name so if anyone has any suggestions fire away. I was thinking Grain of Salt, but I may go more realistic with a rival of Russell Athletic (Under Armor, Nike etc.) On the Tradition, which is where I stole the idea from, they call it Kerploomp with a steaming pile as a logo.
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    Wonderful idea! looking forward to this!