Archived Recruiting Restrictions, Scholarship Limits, And Gameplan Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 18, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We Don't Have Any Recruiting Restrictions!

But I will say that just keep it in the realm of reality. Their will be no signing 15 :5stars: or anything like that. Cutting will be allowed this offseason IF you are above 70 men on your roster. What this basically means is that a 'Two Deep' looking roster is expected. No more filling in spots with other positions. Manage your team wisely, recruit for your style. With 25 scholarships to work with that shouldn't be hard. Expand your horizons, only looking for top talent for all 25 scholarships will put you in a hole quickly. No exceptions this release, we'll all make our own bed to lay in.​

Gameplan Settings Are A Go!

All of them, even Run Commit. Just use them in moderation and within the realm of reality. Run Commit will only be considered 'sim' in realistic situations like 3rd or 4th and short. Pass commit will be considered 'sim' on 3rd and long. You guys know what I'm saying.​

Any questions, comments, or concerns? Speak now or forever hold your peace!​

• Like Like x 1
  2. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

Good Look!

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Is this no recruiting cap only for the first year? Not sure i like the sounds of being able to recruit 75 or more guys just to cut 5 guys. Those guys could be used for weaker teams or CPU teams.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

For the most part, we are the bad teams :)

Edit: Rich, would you rather see a cap for the :5stars: and :6stars: only? Maybe even include the :4stars: schools in there as well. I think the :3stars: and below schools should be given a pass on this honestly. Have you looked at who's interested in Army? :)

5. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I think the better schools should stay to 70 guys. No reason to let them waste talented guys.

6. DrunkenSoldier

Ya i Think a cap on 5 star and 6 star teams would be reasonable. It would suck if your battling for a 4 star guy and then you find out later that he was cut or even after a few seasons the guy just gets cut. I think they should recruit to 70 or 72 Max. I know recruiting is important in coaching goals so if you only have a certain amount of Seniors it could hurt you so maybe no restrictions is the way to go. Hopefully guys wont abuse it and take 2-3 5 star guys at the same position or anything ridiculous like that. So in other words i have no Idea!

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I will def keep a cap on myself, I only usually go after 1 or 2 5 stars any how

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Hey benbuckeye

is these your coaching goals in the game for real??

How long is your contract

Beat Michigan evry year

Win a conference title

Win a BCS game:eek:

Win 1 BCS title game:eek:

Win 10 games in a season

Win 11 games in a season

Finish a season ranked in the top 5

Win 8 games every season

Win 100 % of rivalry games in 1 season(y)

Win 1 rivalry game every season

Sign a top 10 recruiting class

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

He's going to get fired... those are some tough goals

10. DrunkenSoldier

I'm going to get fired, i just got pummeled by Cal. It was Ugly

11. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Their are a couple in their that are real...I had so many I just started making my own up because I got tired of copying them lol...The BCS title one and the michigan game one I just threw in there for the hell of it

12. smace767

smace767 Walk On

My only issue with my game was i had 9 blocking penalties in about 55 plays. At these settings with the DT coming free automatically, being put in a 1st and 20 or second and 15 makes it hard to do anything realistically. Against BAma or Ohio St ok, but Hawaii dominated the line of scrimmage accept for like 3 plays. They sure didnt need 7 holding and 2 clipping calls to help them out. I think a had at least 4 1st downs and 1 TD called back do to penalty. And this was suppose to be one of my easier games.

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Look at the thread I just created LOL