Recruiting Restrictions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by joshwitt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

Commish - I want to make sure I am clear on recruiting. I have 7 seniors, but only 68 players, so I can only sign guys right?

Any chance we can get some relief when we have such few scholarships available? If I only sign 9 this year, and I am only able to sign 11 next year, I'm going to be struggling to try and fill 20 something scholarships in a couple of years.

I'd be willing to let some guys that probably won't see the field go in an effort to try and ease into those years.

Plus, I'm betting a couple guys from this year's team leave early.

Any thoughts?

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

I don't think it'll be that challenging. Recruit for what you have open. If you lose guys to transfer or pros, you get those. I'll consider granting you or maybe everyone a couple scholarships for cushion in offseason recruiting, but I'm still making up my mind on that. So for now, recruit for nine.

While on the whole players note, There is a new rule about who you can and can't convince to stay now so some people will be off of teams no matter what. This will only effect a very select few players. But, it should help prevent teams from getting too powerful in the future.

3. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

Ok that's cool. Thanks for the quick rule - needed to either finish recruiting or revoke the two scholly's I have offered.

Tennessee is now done with recruiting for the season! 8 4* and 1 3* (only took him bc he is 6'8 282 lb DE)

4. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Did I miss something? I know in Ncaa 11 we had recruiting restriction for only those seniors leaving but I didn't know that rule carried over for the first year of new dynasty. I thought the rule wasn't going into effect until like year 2 or 3 once we tested how new recruits progress

5. -4-

-4- Walk On

It's in the rules. Should have made it clearer I guess.

I'm probably going to end up adding a two recruit cushion because the CPU looks like it's doing a decent job recruiting.

But yeah, no going crazy. That's what made the CPU teams bad last year.

I think everyone really needs to read the rules. There are a few new things this year.

6. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Ok so that's my fault if I didn't see it. Honestly I read all the rules before the league started and didn't see that rule. Nonetheless I think I'm 5 over so I'll cut those guy before the new season starts. Again my fault..I never mean to break any rules.

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

Everyone will have a +2 cushion. CPU is doing an alright job. Anyone else over, so 3 recruits, I ask you to please cut. Penalties will be enforced next time.

8. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

No problem. I'll cut the 3 recruits that put me over.thanks!