1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Recruiting Restrictions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by joshwitt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

Commish - I want to make sure I am clear on recruiting. I have 7 seniors, but only 68 players, so I can only sign guys right?

Any chance we can get some relief when we have such few scholarships available? If I only sign 9 this year, and I am only able to sign 11 next year, I'm going to be struggling to try and fill 20 something scholarships in a couple of years.

I'd be willing to let some guys that probably won't see the field go in an effort to try and ease into those years.

Plus, I'm betting a couple guys from this year's team leave early.

Any thoughts?

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

I don't think it'll be that challenging. Recruit for what you have open. If you lose guys to transfer or pros, you get those. I'll consider granting you or maybe everyone a couple scholarships for cushion in offseason recruiting, but I'm still making up my mind on that. So for now, recruit for nine.

While on the whole players note, There is a new rule about who you can and can't convince to stay now so some people will be off of teams no matter what. This will only effect a very select few players. But, it should help prevent teams from getting too powerful in the future.

3. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

Ok that's cool. Thanks for the quick rule - needed to either finish recruiting or revoke the two scholly's I have offered.

Tennessee is now done with recruiting for the season! 8 4* and 1 3* (only took him bc he is 6'8 282 lb DE)

4. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Did I miss something? I know in Ncaa 11 we had recruiting restriction for only those seniors leaving but I didn't know that rule carried over for the first year of new dynasty. I thought the rule wasn't going into effect until like year 2 or 3 once we tested how new recruits progress

5. -4-

-4- Walk On

It's in the rules. Should have made it clearer I guess.

I'm probably going to end up adding a two recruit cushion because the CPU looks like it's doing a decent job recruiting.

But yeah, no going crazy. That's what made the CPU teams bad last year.

I think everyone really needs to read the rules. There are a few new things this year.

6. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Ok so that's my fault if I didn't see it. Honestly I read all the rules before the league started and didn't see that rule. Nonetheless I think I'm 5 over so I'll cut those guy before the new season starts. Again my fault..I never mean to break any rules.

7. -4-

-4- Walk On

Everyone will have a +2 cushion. CPU is doing an alright job. Anyone else over, so 3 recruits, I ask you to please cut. Penalties will be enforced next time.

8. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

No problem. I'll cut the 3 recruits that put me over.thanks!