Recruiting Restrictions

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Should we implement recruiting restrictions for the upcoming season?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think we need to look at putting some restrictions on recruiting for this upoming season, but I want to put it to a vote before implementing the changes. Please select one of the two options in the poll. Unfortunately since we have a limited time before starting week 1, I'd like to have a decision today before 9 PM EST. Restrictions would include a cap on :5stars: , :4stars: and players signed.

Papa Perry
    Twister18
    charter04
    GMONEY 15
    Hokie Effect
    sydeburnz
    Mogriffjr
    larrylance
    Dean Evans
    Cgreen214

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think with heisman recruiting restrictions aren't needed for 4-5 stars. I think most seasons the most anyone gets is 3-4 :5stars: , which would mirror real life.

I think we should go Sr's with plus 2 for a buffer, with the high chance of losing transfers.

Also any thoughts on gameplay settings? Heisman sliders?

• Like Like x 2
  3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We can look at changing around the sliders a bit, but I don't see any major issues with the ones we have in place. I don't think the Heisman sliders we use in T1 are significantly more difficult than the AA sliders we use in T3. I'm the opposite of slider junkies so I'll put in place whatever people suggest, just don't ask me to test slider sets. I don't have that much free time and I'd rather spend extra time playing Borderlands 2 instead of testing sliders.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i don't think recruiting restrictions are requireed for the number of 4 or 5 stars, but maybe the numbers of seniors +2 or 3 for those juniors u may lose, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I agree with that. I think we do need to raise the slider set to Heisman. I have used 2 very good sets that will make it more challenging.

If the CPU keeps getting weaker, we may have to go back to the sway rule, imho.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

So you're saying you don't like sacking the QB?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Papa Perry

:5stars: - 3
    :4stars: - Half of number of SRs (ex. 20 SRs = 10 :4stars:)
    :3stars: - No Limit
    :2stars: - No Limit
    :1stars: - No Limit
    5 stars can roll down meaning if you don't sign any 5 stars you get 3 extra 4 star recruits.

Total Cap = 70 - # of SRs
    As talented as all of our teams are there is no sense in getting a couple of extra to start with. Especially when the CPU oversigns for us anyways. If guys leave early you can try to sign there replacement in the offseason.

I also think we should be allowed to cut to 67 in cuts. This way we can kind of manipulate and balance our classes. As far as sway rules, no one projected to go in the first 3-4 rounds should be allowed to be swayed. I also wouldn't mind the use of bonuses again. Extra 5 star for NC, extra 4 star for CC, maybe even an extra 5 star for guys that do summaries all season.

And I would be willing to monitor or help monitor all of this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Perry comes back with guns a blazin.....

9. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

As far as 5-stars go, wouldn't know, sliders-let us keep it fun while keeping it real. Restrictions smictions--"light up the eyes boys", from The Three Ninjas.

10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The reason for restrictions is because in real life if a guy gets cut he can go to another team. Also the limit of 70. With out restriction it's just unrealistic. I know that the CPU over signs for you at the end but, it's not the top players that you end up with. Sliders and game rules are necessary becauese it's a video game. It's the same with recruiting.

11. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

My take is we should be able to sign only 4 5 stars per team and the max of 8 4 stars. That move would make people actually take their time in recruiting instead of 5 stars and some 4 stars just falling on their laps because they are a big school. When the final numbers come out for recruiting it will be equally divided.

For example:

Ohio State
    5 stars---5
    4 stars---8
    3 stars---10
    2 stars---2

25 total scholarships given out

INSTEAD OF THIS:

Ohio State
    5 stars---14
    4 stars---10
    3 stars--- 1

Sliders:

They seem OK . I would like to see there USER INT go up 5. It seems like there are alot of miss picks that I feel we as USERS could get vs the CPU.

12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I feel like the last couple of weeks I was picking passes off like crazy. I also think that it sucks to miss picks, but we almost have to have it set the way it is because the cpu would throw 5 picks a game if it was higher. Just think about how many hit your hands...its more of a way to make the cpu competitive than to keep us from getting picks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Papa Perry

Needs to be less than 4. How many teams the last 10 years have signed 4 5 star recruits?

14. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I would love to get one 5 star! Just one! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Bro...........Just my opinion on this subject. At the end of the day you guys are going to do what you want anyways.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. Papa Perry

My bad man. Wasn't trying to be hostile and I respect your opinion as well as everyone else's. The point I'm trying to make is that EA has been known to get a lot of their info from rivals.com and in their class rankings, only one team has signed more than 3 five star recruits in a season in the last 10 years and you never see more than 2 teams sign that many in one recruiting class.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Like i said, i don't think there's a need for recruiting restrictions because there are some 3 star gems out there...but i'll be down with whatever is done....