Recruiting Rule Change (Proposal)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This one's kind of simple.

Right now, we have restrictions in place, though we don't need many, since recruiting is difficult enough on it's own. Here are my thoughts:

Teams of five and six star status should be restricted, though fives would have a hard time breaking the restriction on high level talent. I want to leave things in place for five and six star teams.

I would like to remove them for all other teams. This means:

1. If your team is a four or below, you may give out all 25 of you scholarships. This might help a bit, since you could gamble on whoever you like, or recruit three guys at a spot to get the one you can use.
    2. You may cut anyone, so you have more freedom to arrange your depth chart how you like.
    Any objections?

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Sounds good to me.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

+2. With a lot of experience recruiting from three and four star schools, this rule change will help quite a bit.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I figured the lower tier schools may get better by being able to choose between two recruits for one spot more often, yet it in no way dilutes the talent pool. This is why the restrictions were put in place. Guys were cutting multiple four star guys, and the CPU wasn't getting anyone, so we ended up being 12 A or A+ schools with leagues full of B- CPU teams. With the new recruiting system, the rules seem less necessary, especially for four star and below squads.

5. egofailure

Ah, I never thought of that. Makes sense. I hope in the near future, NCAA makes it so cut players catch on with other programs. That'd be pretty cool.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I like the limit of three 5* recruits only. Makes the decision to go after a 5* player mean more. As a powerhouse program you can get 5-6 5* players if you really want to but limiting it to 3 makes the ones you go after meaningful.

I like the limit on no cutting 4* players as well. Again it makes it mean more when you recruit these 4* players. If you are going to take the time to recruit them then you are committing to keeping them on your roster.

I'd hate to see those limitations go away for any team.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't think a four star or below team could possibly violate any of those rules. They simply couldn't get the guys. So there's really no change in those rules, at least not in any achievable way.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I see what you are saying...but what 3 or 4* team is going to cut a 4* player anyway? Chances are he will come in and at least be #3 on the 2 deep.

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

sounds good to me

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Oh yeah I was just mentioning I liked those rules. That's all.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds like a great idea to me.

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

sounds good to me as well

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Any support for adding the ability to sway players into staying in school to the mix, but only for teams with 3 or more losses? We could make this a four star and lower thing as well, but we don't have to. It could help guys who finished low one year get back on top the next, and provide some parity. Just a thought.

14. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Sounds good to me-

15. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

sounds fair enough to me

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

They both sound good.

17. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Yeah- for that matter you could set the 5* limit at zero and it would not affect me- so naturally we should say "No 5star recruits" (kidding about that part)

18. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Just one man's opinion... if one season a top team only gets 2 5 star players.. the following year he should be able to get 4 the next year. and maybe maxing it out at 5 or something like that?

just a thought as of last season the cpu got one and this season it looks like ill get 2 as an example.

Of course there is an agenda here
    [​IMG]

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm ok with this, but it's the kind of thing that's difficult to track, and easy for league management to forget. That's a minor thing that I think we can clear up with a thread about who gets what at the beginning of each season.

20. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I don't think we should be doing roll over for 5 star players. What happens when a team that doesn't garner interest from 5 star players (say a 5 star program) gains their 6th star and now 5 star players want to go there. Do they get to recruit 6 of them since they got 0 the previous year? Also, what if I decide I don't like the crop of 5 star players available that year. I would be able to go after 1 or 2 of the ones I liked and bank the other slots for the following year when the recruiting class might be more to my liking? With the in season 5 star players and extra 5 star recruits added during the off season there are plenty of chances for a powerhouse program to get their alotment of 5 star players. I know LSU could have signed another three 5 star players in the off season alone.

21. bdub

bdub Walk On

I agree, I think rolling over 5* players is a bad idea.

22. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, then. It's off the table. You get your guys in season, or you lose them.

23. egofailure

Good decision, fellas.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

How about this...if you don't sign your full number of 5*s then you can sign 1 extra the next year. Right after signing day we simply make a post with who qualifies and who doesn't, sticky it and close it and viola we see who gets 4 and who doesn't.

25. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Arch, are we adopting the 3 lose rule on swaying? If so I might need to drop a game! lol