Recruiting Rules next year?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Recruiting Rules next year?

I think it's too late for the cpu teams in this particular dynasty.

My question to you guys is are you o.k. with that or do you wish that the cpu had more effective players? and furthermore, do you think we can do something about it or no?

What I have in mind is some real simple rules.

My ideas would be this...

* Can't cut any 4 or 5 star players. This seems like a pretty realistic rule and would help us to distinguish between players we're recruiting just to try and win a recruiting title and cut, and players that we actually can use. Then the CPU would end up with a lot more of these guys.

* Can only cut two 3-star players per offseason

* Cut as many 2-star players as you want

That'd be it.... Thoughts? Should we get MORE creative than this to get better teams for the cpu or would something like this be enough? Or do you guys not even want to do this...

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    y'all need to stop hoaring all the 4/3 star RB's, who become bench fodder for y'all teams :)

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont agree with the I cant cut a 4 star guy....sometimes you sign a 4 star and they are a complete dud when u had the intentions of keeping them.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think a blanket limit on number of 5 stars u can sign would be a nice direction.

You could also create a few random giant recruits that we cant go after so the CPU has more talent.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say you can sign whoever you want just limit the number of people a team can sign.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

How about we recruit only to our scholly limit 70 players? And then have a gentelmens agreement to not recruit players we dont need?

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

how do you determine who u do and dont need? Too much gray area there.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

TBH, I like the current setup. And let's be honest, it doesn't matter if the CPU has a team full of 99's, we're still gonna stomp them.

9. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I like this stuff here. No restrictions on 4 stars and 5 stars or whatever. But, we should have a 70 + 3 limit. So if you have a 70 person roster, have 12 seniors, you should only be able to recruit 15 players. Then add in more players from kids that leave early or transfer. That three players gives you room to cut guys who just aren't doing it.

If you find yourself having to cut a 4 star player, then I tend to think that's your fault for poorly scouting. In real life, teams don't just jettison 4 star players like that when they aren't scouted well.

But I don't know, maybe this sort of wholesale change is better saved for the next version of the game, so that everyone can start fresh with them.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I actually prefer the 70 or 70+3 or whatever the hell you wanna do better than in-depth rules but then we wouldn't be winning the recruiting class award every year. which would bum some of us out, lol.

Like Merih said if you decide to recruit a 4-star guy and he sucks... that should be tough fucking luck! Teams don't recruit a guy like that and immediately cut him. Yeah maybe if he sucks after a year or two.... That was my thought process. And I think it would be a positive if we were just signing players that we had to actually use.... some way or some how we need to get a very simple set of rules that allow the cpu to get a better share of the top ranked players. yeah we'll still be getting the best ones but we need something...

11. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

And there should be some compensation for losing out on a guy that gets cut immediately. It takes a bit of time, but in my other dynasty if a guy cuts a player, that player's attributes are written down, and he is "re-made" for the next class (sometimes as a juco, and sometimes as a regular player). The user who cut him can no longer recruit him.

For example Helli, one of those 3 star defensive ends you got from me, that you are inevitably probably going to cut from your NFL All Pro Team. He gets remade, hometown of Tallahassee, and you can't recruit him.

It makes up for NCAA not recycling cut players into the walkon pool, as they should do.

Recruiting is one of the few things that EA is doing pretty well, and this only spices it up.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Deuce is 70+1 and we restrict who we can talk back when they leave(94+ or 90 and a major award)...

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I have no say in this since I can't sign a fucking player anyways

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

it's cute, but I already spend too much time on things like the schedule.... to do that.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Can you even create players this year in online dynasty? Maybe I missed the option but I haven't seen it (or looked for it) in a while.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I dunno drifta

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

This will need to happen for 2011 IMO...but I'm liking the discussion.

18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

And everyone (besides me) still kills the CPU.