Recruiting Rules - Promises

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Recruiting Rules - Promises

Promises - do we allow them?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We haven't disallowed them yet. Is there a good argument for why we might want to?

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

No. This is BIG RISK, and...MORE BIG RISK. Forget rewards here. Promise a guy playing time or whatever, then he sucks. After my first promise, I promised to never make a promise again.

4. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

i do not think promises should be banned. you are rolling the dice when you do this. it should be up to each user to decide if he wants to gamble with making a promise.

5. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

Promises should not be banned. You could be a rebuilding team and promise a guy playing time, he could be a stud and all of a sudden he gets injured in week 1 out for the season and at the end of the season he transfers. Way more negatives and strategies go into making those promises. For example I won’t promise a conference championship and I don't know one of us that could legitimately promise a guarantee top 10 first 2 years on campus, just way to many close games.

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

The main reason some Trad leagues banned it is that it gives a huge advantage over the CPU teams recruiting against you.

I was mostly just curious because I haven't thought to use any in online dynasties before. If I'm going to compete with the big boys, I should know all my weapons.

True, but you can ALWAYS promise no redshirt and have no worries about it.