Recruiting Thoughts

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by nellycuz, Jul 13, 2013.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Just wanted to get your guys' thoughts on recruiting. I know we are kind of recruiting against each other but I don't have much experience with OD's and I'm asking for some thoughts.

Do you just go after guys who are in the top 5 interest at your school?

Since we are mid-star level teams, do you only go after 3 * and maybe a few 4* or 5* who are interested in the school?

What's the likelihood of grabbing a 4 or 5 * that is in one of your pipeline states but you're competing against OSU, Texas, Bama etc, and you're not even in their top 7...?

Do you go after any 1* or 2* recruits?

Hopefully some of you that have more experience in these OD's can shed some light on this and give me a couple hints or tips that will guide me along(y)

2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

It's all about the bonus points man.. look at how many BP you are getting compared to everyone else. The big schools aren't so hard to beat this year if you have the right mic of what the recruit is looking for. Just make sure you are gaining ground each week with the recruit and you will be fine. Don't worry about being far behinf initially, because it will add up quick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nellycuz

YOu cand drop/add people to your recruiting board each week correct?

4. RRAHx2

correct just go in each week and adjust accordingly, I am constantly removing/adding points from a recruit if he is looking like a commit, or if I am falling behind.

5. GDip

GDip Walk On

I did look through a bunch of recruits and noticed some trends in recruitting battles. Cincinnati and Louisville are going to be involved in a lot of high profile battles from the Sparq 100. Also looking at my own board, I'll be going head to head with San Jose St. quite a bit, with Hawaii sprinkled into a few of those.

Looking forward to the battles off the field as well as on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

K just to make sure I am doing this right this week. When I go to recruiting screen all I do is put the amount of points beside each players name I do not hit any button to spend those points correct. Then I am guessing that once the week advances the points go through and I will get feedback from this week after the advance correct.

If I hit A for example that will offer a scholarship correct??

Also how do I scout or is that part of the points

7. GDip

GDip Walk On

anyone care to help the #11 team in the country? .... [crickets]

all joking aside. Yes, you are right. nothing to do except for wait. Of course, you can offer scholarships by pushing the A button on two of the screens

8. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Just making sure b/c i know in the past it updates right away. I may be number 11 but that crap wont last lol. Thanks

9. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, I stick to pipline and interest and gauge down from there....I always have a couple of "reaches" where it's unlikely to get but worth a shot but other than that I'd rather recruit for needs instead of overall talent since we are all mostly smaller schools.

10. nellycuz

How do the athletes work? Do you get to choose their position if they sign with you or is that determined by the CPU?

11. RRAHx2

In each off-season there is a "Position Changes" stage where you can take any player and re-assign them a new position for the following season. It will tell you their rating at each position at this time as well.

• Like Like x 1