Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Colemanchu, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Recruiting Thread

Clemson got real lucky and stole one of the best cornerbacks in the class with a desperate week 2 visit. Week 3 will be interesting as all the top players are visiting multiple teams this week.

On a side note it seems like whenever Clemson has a position of need, the class has no depth. I am fighting tooth and nail right now with Alabama for what is normally an average quarterback but in this class is the best there is to offer, as Mo has agreed. Also we needed a running back but if there are any good ones out there they dont like the Tigers who play in the real Death Valley.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah getting a QB in this class would be rounding out pretty much until 2011 drops...unfortunately there's little available. Next class is where folks will be going all out for their QB's possibly!

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

5'11" 171 LBs #5 CB #16 OVR
    :5stars: St. Simmons, GA
    Joe Bass: A SPD, B MCV, B ZCV, C PRS, B+ ACC

Joe Bass was a gift in a way. We had decided that Washington would be a better choice at his position and give him the full blitz instead. Near the end of week 2 recruiting we had a little less than a hour left and decided to use it on a hope and prayer visit. Much to our surprised Bass enjoyed the experience so much he called us after the game and committed. This reminds us of a couple years ago when Miami came out of nowhere to steal a running back Marcus?

5'11" 199 LBs #5 CB #105 OVR
    :4stars: Centerville, VA
    Jon Williams: C SPD, B+ THP, B THA, D- AWR, C- CRY

Williams wasn't the best player in the country, that distinction goes to the super freak DT that Georgia is going to sign, due to need though Williams was at the top of our list. We saw the drop off after Kyle Parker left and we hope to keep that from happening again with this signing. Williams is the best quarterback we have seen, but he is without a doubt the best all around threat at the position this year and we hope he can develope into a Doug Flutie type of leader.

We also got a very very good feeling when talking to another player this week who is #1 at his position...

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

UT finally lands a couple players in week 4 recruiting. Stay tuned to see who you got hosed on by wasting your recruiting hours...pound away losers it isnt going to help!

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yea i quit on bass a long time ago...

6. BRUCE80

I dropped six hours into Bass and a week 3 visit scheduled.

Recruiting is just so random it doesnt make sense how I would not only get passed but passed by two teams...I had a pretty large lead also.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lmao 6 hours...

fuck that, I haven't seen a recruit yet I'd drop 6 hours on...

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

he didn't drop 6 hours lol

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dropped almost 3 on my #1 guy....he was still green too.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

would that be a certain 6'6 210lb WR?

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I've taken the lead in the Ward derby... hope i can hold off the minions. I also moved up to the top slot on a certain WR that mr.Mo seems to like too...

and Bruce, havn't you learned to stop competing with me for QB's?

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nah....he is ok. I got someone else in mind.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Finally landed that DT that I've been putting tons of time into, the #1 guy. He will team with Brian Davis to form an absolutely devastating tandem...

Also landed an athlete, Stanley Pitts, that I think is going to be a WR. After losing out on Bass he could also end up being a corner if his Route running and other shit ain't good...

14. BRUCE80

Yea I have but we werent ever really going hard for that guy. He was going to be a career back up for us, a good one but still a back up. I only dropped a couple hours on him.

I got the qb I wanted last year and we will suffer this season while he redshirts.

We landed Sweet Otis to pass rush his way to SEC qbs the rest of the dynasty and that was the huge get for us after we goes hosed outta Bass.

It would appear we are also going to land the #1 WR who is a big strong kid not fast fast but his other stuff is good.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

5'11" 169 LBs #1 CB #3 OVR
    :5stars: Winter Garden, FL
    Ryan Washington: A SPD, B MCV, B ZCV, B PRS, B+ ACC

Unlike Bass we worked real hard to get this kid. We hope that his freakish athletic ability and good all around cover skills will be enough to overcome his lack of size. Expect to see Washington on the field making plays next season.

6'1" 277 LBs #1 G #14 OVR
    :5stars: Iselin, NJ
    Elgin Jackson: B IBL, B STR, B-/B RBK, B+/B- PBK, D SPD

It's always good to add some depth to the offensive line and Jackson will be another body. Look for him to get a chance at starting his second year on campus.

All in all Clemson has signed 4 very solid recruits including the top Quarterback, Cornerback, and Guard. We will now have more free time to use on our second tier recruits. We would have loved to get the DT that Georgia got but we used more time on these guys instead.

16. BRUCE80

Great class landed by Clemson and they are taking over in Recruiting and have a sick team on the gridiron also.

Nice job Cole you skank.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Guards, tackles and centers are a dime a dozen. U can get those down the line. I wanted that CB though :(.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well I don't agree Mo but IMO the guy Clemson landed ain't all that great... But landing the best 2 CB in the class? Ouch for the rest of us. I put tons of time into Bass and he didn't wanna stay in state, that stung. I was counting on at least being able to get him in for a visit. That one had to make Cole happy.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I had four guys ahead of him on my board that were getting most of my time. I really didnt put any time into Bass, so week 2 I was going to drop him but decided to throw a visit his way instead and BOOM, very happy, as for the quarterback he is decent, definately not what we were hoping for but he was the best QB interested in Clemson.

20. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Clemson Must be Cheating!

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

well that was short lived :D

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'll still torch clemson's CB's :):)

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not if i take all your receiver recruits....(y)

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Georgia's been breaking some hearts lately in the recruiting arena and I don't think that's about to change this week. :thumbsup:

We will see, though.

25. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Geoff Ward come on doowwwwwnn!

That filled a giniferous need for FSU. Speed please! TY very much.