Recruiting tips from the team that never finished 1st in recruiting.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Sep 28, 2011.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Just thought since I'm not going to be as active for a little bit I would take the time to give some tips I use when recruiting. Some of this may not mean shit to you, but I think everyone can take a little something from here or at least have a refresher. This is my no holds barred, Ravishing recruiting rules:

1. First week or possibly second (I really recommend only first week) just stick with the quick calls. The reason being is you don't have anything unlocked at all yet and it's good to just unlock topics. You don't get to pick the topic to begin with so this even opens up a bit of time early on.

2.Never offer a scholarship to a recruit unless:

A) He has his interest in your school as #1.
    B) He is on a visit to your school that week.
    C) He does not have you as a school he is interested in and you want to see if you can win him over.
    D) You are really far behind a school and know for a fact you can't become his #1 without an offer or some promises.

reason for A

If you offer a scholarship to a guy who is #2 or below as far as interest goes you will NEVER get an instant commit. That is the sole reason for rule 2a <----- this shit matters trust me!

reason for B

Assuming you aren't #1 on his list, then you have to send the offer out sometime. Why not send it when he is visiting and you can make that a HUGE jump in interest if you win. Who knows, maybe you'll even sign him that week.

reason for C

I personally signed HB Andrew Johnson (formally my 4* pick that EA made us erase) by using this technique and currently have a 4* QB as a near signing. I merely went to all recruits(pipeline definitely preferred on this one because you are gonna need all the bonus points you can get to steal from a big program) and offered scholarships to every guy that was a 4* or higher that had over 30% interest level. By week 2 if you aren't on their top 10 yet then remove from board. If you show up on their board now then you better start calling week in and week out for 1 hour and promise them the world. I'd even throw in some strippers. <----This shit also matters trust me!

reason for D

If you know you won't catch up to a team in the regular season, then you must offer at some point or you will never know if you would have signed that player.

3. Only make promises to game changers or when you want to try and pass a fellow user. Promises affect your overall coach rating and players will transfer if you don't fill obligations. As far as the fellow user goes... You might both have had visits and offered scholarships, but you just can't pass that guy. You can tell week after week you must be calling for an hour each and you are just staying in the rear view mirror. Well my friends you have no chance of passing that guy unless you start making promises. Maybe the other user is also doing that, or maybe he blew his load early in the season and made 3 promises. Now is your chance to snatch that recruit from his grasps.

I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting so I'll try and reply to this thread as they come to me. Hope you took something from this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ravishing thanks bud. Coming from a guy who sucks at recruiting and finishes near bottom. I'm going to use some of these tips bro thx!