Recruiting Tonight?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Recruiting Tonight?

Guys,

I teach tonight from 6-8, and should be home by 8:30 or so.

Could we maybe organize a bit so we can get an additional advance or two done later tonight?

If we can, here's how it could go:

We all get on, do our recruiting, and then-

1. set ready to advance (green check)
    2. post DONE in our message boxes, BUT ONLY WHEN WE ARE DONE FOR THE YEAR.
    (some of us just never get that right).
    3. Log off the dynasty and wait for a message from me.
    (This will prevent people from getting stuck between weeks, I think.)
    4. I send a message saying the next week has come, and we do it again, until we're done, or until it gets too late.

One last time for clarity:

Green Check = Week is completed
    Done = Done for the year.

No green check or no DONE message = WE CAN'T ADVANCE!

Please, for the love of all things holy, DON'T BE THAT GUY WHO HOLDS US UP SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS.

Ok, no more writing in caps. I promise.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm down... I have a TT2 game to play tonight, going to shoot for 9 eastern, so 10 eastern might be best for all time zones.

Where has Hitman been? Hasn't logged into the dynasty since 9/11! Could be because his bowl game was really early, but it would be nice to hear from the guy.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was going to start a thread like this. I'm down tonight.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I believe Hitman has once again left us. I'll be removing him later. Sucks.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Damn, and I was the guy that recommended trying to bring him back.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also, that leaves JMill and Raz still to recruit this week. Not bad guys! Already enjoying this offseason pace more than previous seasons.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I f we get a time set up I will be there. It will only take a little over an hour and we can be in preseason scouting next years recruits.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll let Raz speak for himself, but I'm not positive that this is true. Someone (JHeb?) had a message saying that his recruiting shows 10 hours left, but it isn't true and he is done. Raz's says 10 hours left, but I'm pretty sure that he was marked ready to advance so maybe he's done and the dynasty HQ is just bugged.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hmmmm... not on my end. I am showing Raz with partial time left, but not ready to advance, and JMill with 10 hours left and he hasn't logged in in a few days. Do you save your dynasty file? NEVER save it. It creates problems.

10. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Hmm, odd - I did my recruiting, had about two hours left, but I thought I had put ready to advance. Regardless, I'm good to go and I can do multiple rounds tonight.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Woo hoo! Come on JMill! You are supposed to be taking a BREAK from trying to find another job. Get that recruiting in! :p ;)

I have written, essentially, the same email to go with the 50 resumes I have sent out over and over and over. My email form now sounds like a machine, ha!

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

If we can get everyone on board, I've love to get our recruiting in tonight. We might even be able to get into progression, position changes, & preseason.

Basis, if we can get everyone on board, you think you could bump that game up a half hour? As long as we can get everyone together (it will take a small miracle, I think), I'd hate to see us run out of time.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If we can get through recruiting. We need to finish the offseason as well. Im going to stay optimistic.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I want to get this stuff done...I need to schedule a time because I have a TMFL game that is overdue to get in tonight.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No, JrRawlins (yeah, I'm fucked in this one) said the earliest he could be on was 9. He said he could go after we do our thing though, with the latest start being 12:30 eastern. So if we need to go earlier than 10, that would be fine. If we are going at 10, then I should be able to kick off at 9-9:15 and be into our OD in time to finish week two with you guys.

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I coach football and then basketball tonight from 515-9 pm pst.

If we can adv before I leave for football ill do my week 2 stuff before I leave.

I will then complete week 3 stuff right when I get home. That would mean we would be in week four at the very least by the AM on Wednesday.

Sorry Tuesday and Wednesday are the busiest days of my week.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Well, that's over and done with.

Let's just do what we can. I leave for campus at about five eastern.

If we're done, I'll push to week 2 before I go, then try to push to week 3 when I come back at 8:30. Looks like that's the very best we can do, and I'm beginning to think we won't get that far.

AG

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

No problem Bruce. We can't expect everyone to be available every night. That's part of the OFFL's raison d'etre. We've always wanted to do one of these offseason recruiting nights, but the odds of getting 11-12 adults available at the same time are pretty slim.

FYI, in case this ends up being a discussion all week, I'm out all Thursday night.

19. BRUCE80

I think the key next offseason is to say our season is done this day and we are doing to offseason this day. Typically a Sunday night.

That seems to work in the Tradition 1. Its fun when you get all 12 together.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Especially because they fixed the dynasty hq so now all 12 can be on with mics blaring. TT2 offseason was a blast! Lots of ragging on Flo (pun intended :D) because his wife thinks he sucks at the game, and how she should have actually married Jr or Lawdog.

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This is a great idea. Sunday night is probably the way to go, and scheduling in advance is key. It just sucks if there's 1 or 2 guys who can't make it and it doesn't work out. But if it's ever going to work, this is the way to do it I think.

Bruce, you mind being in charge of organizing this effort next season? Just throw up a post around Conf Championship time or something.

22. BRUCE80

Ill do it.

23. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'll be on later tonight...Still working.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We're still on week 1 JHeb, and AG is teaching, so you have plenty of time. More than you know.

25. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

So we're going to jump on at 9 and see what happens then?

Who haven't we heard from, JMill? Anyone else?