Recruiting Trail (Y5)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Mar 23, 2011.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

WEEK 1 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars: #9 SS Anthony Houston. Nice combination of heigth (6'5") and jumping ability (B-) will make it impossible to go deep in cover 2 man. Decent coverage skills but needs work on reading plays and running doen ball carriers.​

• :4stars: #16 T David Gordon. His 6'3" 283lb body and A accell make him a solid candidate to move to the interior line. He has a high understanding of the game as well to ease the transition. Good, not great, blocker.​

• :4stars: #17 T David Bradley. He's a road grater. On that 3rd and short, run it right up his ass to move the chains. May need to keep a TE in to chip against top pass-rushers.​
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #15 FS Dan Malone. Struggles in man coverage but performs well in zone and has pretty good hands. Specializes in punishing receivers and run support.​
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #6 MLB Tim Woods. His speed and size give him amazing range. Labeled a "coverage" LB, he looks to be just as stout in the run game. Nice, versatile pickup for the Bucks.​

• :4stars: #10 CB Brian Newton. Doesn't have great top-end speed but is solid in coverage and reads plays well. Good athlete that could see some time at returner.​

• :4stars: #7 WR Travis Merritt. 4.44 speed with a great positional fundamentals. Hard to jam at the line and never gets winded. Doesn't have great ability in the open field but can slip some tackles.​
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #5 FS Troy Carter. Really good athlete that tackles well and has a nice set of skills. A little better awareness and man coverage would have made him a 5*.​
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #74 G Joel Robinson. Specializes in the run game and has good footwork. Given some time to develop other areas, he should be a solid contributer.​
    [​IMG]
    • :4stars: #5 WR Aaron Riley. Just a notch from being a 5*. Has great physical abilities, technique and size (6'4" 214lbs). Future star for the Trojans.
    • :4stars: #4 CB Rodney Harris. Another great athlete that already has the skills to be productive at his position. He's all cover corner though, dont expect much run support.
    • :4stars: #3 MLB Ronnie Robbins. Runs down ball carriers wherever they may go. Needs work in coverage skills but should be a tackling machine.

2. onaradio34

WEEK 3 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :3stars: #35 MLB Matt Jones. Solid tackler with decent speed. Suspect in coverage but should be extremely reliable in the run game and make plenty of tackles.​
    [​IMG]
    • :3stars: #71 WR Marcus Dukes. Big kid at 6'3" 208lbs who doesn't care about going over the middle. Will lower his shoulder on smaller corners for potentially big chuncks of yardage after the catch. 4.42 speed and B- jumping ability make him a certified deep play threat as well.
    • :3stars: #94 HB Cameron Walker. Strong kid with nice shift in the open field. Needs some development but could contribute as an upperclassman.

3. onaradio34

WEEK 4 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]

• :4stars: #10 G Joseph Rogers. Speed and awareness is all that kept Joseph from that coveted 5th star. Great pickup that will provide immediate depth and could contribute early.​
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #9 C Andre White. Offered by Wiscy. Really good athletic ability for a lineman and knows the position well. Already a very solid blocker, once his technique improves he will anchor the Michigan line.​

4. onaradio34

AHHHHH...I HATE FORMATTING....WHY MUST IT KEEP SCREWING UP!!!!

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Lol I feel your pain bro

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oregon is on the brink of hauling in a pretty ridiculous class...any moment now

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    PSU finally gets a commit

8. onaradio34

WEEK 5 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]
    • :4stars: #9 HB Ken Stephens. What he lacks in speed (4.56 which isn't bad) he makes up for in power. Also has some nice open-field moves. May not be a home-run threat but will definately pound out yardage between the tackles.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #45 CB Cory May. Nice bump coverage ability and can seperate the ball with his hits. Nice size at 6'1" 197lbs. Overall coverage skills are average but has a skill set to work with and could develop into a nice CB.

9. onaradio34

WEEK 6 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]
    • :4stars: #14 OLB B.J. Miller. Offered by WVU and UNC. Check this kid's eligibility, he's had to of played some JUCO ball. Hits hard, covers as well many DB's and can fly around the field. He's ready to hit the field Day 1. Whether he does or not is up to the Iowa depth chart, not his skills.
    • :4stars: #6 G Eric Holt. Offered by Wiscy. He's a little lumbering but does have B accell and solid blocking skills. Strong kid that won't get pusked around by Big 10 DT's.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #21 CB jason Davis. JUCO Soph. Burner with 4.38 speed and A accell. Nice agility may get him some time as a returner as well. Good but not great coverage skills. Will provide depth and could earn a starting spot by SR year.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #7 G Jake Washington. An amazing all-around blocker. Needs to work on technique but should turn out to be a terrific guard for the buckeyes.
    • :5stars: #1 ATH Mike Chambers. Offered by Mich, Bama and ND. We don't have alot to go on but he looks like a poential standout at DE. Fast, athletic, reads plays well, tackles, and takes nice pursuit angles.
    [​IMG]

• :5stars: #1 QB Nick Scruggs. Offered by ND. A little undersized (6'1" 174lbs) so durability may be an issue. That's about his only concern. Great arm and swift on his feet. Should fit into Oregon's offense beautifully.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #7 DE Dennis Parker. Offered by Neb. Amazing pursuit and sheds blocks well. He'll be a playmaker if he can reduce the missed tackles that have plagued him.

10. controllerabuser

You suck radio... I wanted Davis

11. controllerabuser

I think Chambers doesn't weigh enough to play DE according to our Position changes rule.

12. onaradio34

Yeah I noticed that but he is clearly a DE. LB would be a possibility but D- man and zone coverage hurts. I wouldn't have a problem with him being at DE, that's EA's fault.

Davis was a big get for me too as I could lose up to 3 CB's this year.

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

must be nice

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    is PSU slowly becoming a defensive end school?

15. controllerabuser

Lol... Bob puts DEs at every position

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

CA, I would look at his strength and speed ratings. Dallas Williams jumped 15 lbs during his RS season. He came in at like 208 or something like that.

17. controllerabuser

Really? I didn't know or hadn't heard of guys gaining weight in this game. I always wanted that to happen as that is realistic but we'll see then with this dude.

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

He went from 218 to 228 in his redshirt season, just checked against DW and the google doc.

19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Radio, this guy doesn't have any JUCO experience, but he was a 5th year senior at his HS. A little on the slow side at OLB, but his game readiness will more than make up for his speed. Jon Harper is a senior next season, and Marty Skinner will probably be taking the majority of the reps at the other outside spot. So Miller will definitely be seeing a redshirt season. After that, look out, as this guy will be a force for Iowa.

20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    5 year senior in HS?? who held him back?

21. controllerabuser

His dumbass self held him back

22. onaradio34

WEEK 7 SIGNINGS

[​IMG]
    • :4stars: #7 HB Marcus Bell. Offers from Stan, ASU, UNC. 4.62 in the 40 hurts but does have a nice burst and changes direction well though straight forward is his favorite. Just a load to bring down and sees the holes well. Nice prospect.
    • :4stars: #9 ATH Dominic Wood. Has the skills to play either HB or WR. Needs some improvement on his hands but runs good routes. Could be a solid power back but there is a log jam at that position for Cal. Could provide a spark in the return game with his agility.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #45 HB Jonathan Mitchell. Just sick moves in the open field...B- stiff arm, A+ spin, B juke. 4.46 forty is nice and has great acceleration to boot. Could be a playmaker for the Beavers.
    • :4stars: #6 TE David Riley. Good size and a very solid blocker for a TE. Durable kid that will survive and flourish in the trenches. Suspect in the pass game though and slow off the line.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #15 CB Marcus Green. JUCO Soph. 4.34 speed with solid man cover skills. Reads plays well and hits hard. Could be an instant impact kid for Michigan.
    • :4stars: #8 WR J.R. Stevenson. Nice size at 6'3" 200 lbs and runs a 4.38 forty. Add that to his excellent route running and you have alot of potential for a game-breaking WR. Heated battle between Mich and Sparty. Mich won him over while in attendance of Mich's 23-21 win over MSU.
    • :4stars: #8 HB Keith Kennedy. Offered by Tenn. A powerful runner that has a nice set of skills. Should have time to develop into a contributer as an upperclassman.
    • :5stars: #1 TE David Evans. Offered by Texas, ND, Bama, VT. Excels at both blocking and running. A huge pickup in a needed are for Mich. Possibly a day 1 starter with the loss of Brigham.
    [​IMG]

• :3stars: #3 P Brian Carlson. Buckeye punting unit set for 4 years with this kid. Not the most accurate but possibly the strongest leg in the class.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #6 T Tyrone Gary. Offered by ND. Big kid with great fundamentals. Exceptional acceleration and knows the position. Looks to be a "Can't Miss" prospect.
    • :4stars: #22 ATH Adam Jones. Solid WR skills should land him there with the Ducks. Gets a little sloppy with his hands but runs great routes and is willing to go over the middle.
    • :5stars: #3 G Kyle McKinney. Offered by Cal. Another really nice OL prospect for the Ducks. Should be an anchor for at least 3 years, possibly 4.
    • :5stars: #1 DT Nate Murphy. Offered by Iowa, Neb, VT. No holes and has a nice set of moves to fight off blocks. A solid pickup but not sure he warrants a 5th star.
    [​IMG]

• :4stars: #12 DT Anthony Williams. Undersized but has a nice 1st step. Stronger than his frame suggests and sheds blocks well. Good pursuit as well.
    • :4stars: #9 G Joshua Landry. Really good athlete considering he's 6'4" 331lbs. Great blocker that could use alittle work on his pass blocking fundamentals. Other than that, he's ready to go.
    • :5stars: #3 HB Ryan Lewis. Offered by ASU. Power back with nice vision. Should be develop into a sturdi, dependable back for USC.
    • :5stars: #1 OLB Ricky Pollard. Offered by TX and Bama. Has skills everywhere, fast and a very reliable tackler. Future All-Pac 10 performer.
    • :5stars: #1 Joel Clark. Offered by Oregon and Bama. Just WOW...Ferocious...Taylor Mays with cover skills.

23. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Could be an instant impact at Michigan, WOULD have been had he gone to IOWA. I missed on this guy. Saw him too late. Great get, hopefully I found some wide receivers that will match up with him.

Mike

24. controllerabuser

NRG continues his downloading of cheat codes I see.

25. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

It's all about the uniforms brotha...all about the uniforms