Recruiting Violation: Arizona

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Recruiting Violation: Arizona

Arizona will lose 8 scholarships this year. Two scholarships for each player given promises last year. Arizona will also not be allowed to recruit any player in the Russell Top 50. I overlooked your recruiting infractions in season 5, and gave you the benefit of the doubt. You know the rules about promises. After last year, I made sure to post them right in front of you multiple times in addition to the 'rules and settings' thread.

I'm not saying anyone else has done anything, but if you are unclear of the rules, please ask. A self-reported violation will go along way with regards to enforcement (if any).

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

whats up with that Bruce??? If you want to be in multiple leagues.. you need to make sure you abide by each leagues rules...

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

damn..... he should have to cut the guys he made promises too..... he might not have got them without the promises...

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I didn't want to seem -too- harsh, but I will enforce it if it is what everyone else thinks is fair...

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You guys dont allow promises???

I kind of wish we didnt in T1.....i didnt use to use them but this I did b/c it seemed like everyone was promising away.

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    yeah, it's just too big of an advantage over CPU recruiting in the offseason. we haven't ever used them in TTII

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    oooh damn no promises :( boooooo

8. JrRawlins

Harsh....? if he used the promises on certain players he shouldnt be allowed to use them.... thats not really harsh, its a waay to enforce players from using promises...... its nothin against him.... it should be the standard...

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I can't believe it. Honestly I want the harshest punishment to be dished out. I been in this league from the start & I take my ass whipping when they come like a man. I follow the rules to a T. I don't go into the offseason saying "Let me promise this 5* OLB playing time so I can contend with Kansas State" or "I need help on the O-Line & I want this 5 * tackle, but Iowa is his top school, so let me promise him no redshirt & get him to commit." Honestly this bullshit.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

to be honest.. i don't think Bruce would maliciously do this to gain advantage... probably more along the lines of him spreading himself to thin by joining too many leagues (is it three or four leagues now Bruce?) and not being able to keep up with what's what or remember the restrictions for each league.

Im not making excuses for the guy, he knows i've preached to him about joining more leagues than he can keep up with year after year... this isn't a new thing for Bruce, he's been doing it for years now.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I figured you would know him better than I would Ryno, but I made sure to put the rule in plain view of him in the form of a few mass xbox messages to all members, in a few threads here and multiple threads over at mm (most of which he participated in).

12. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Also last night at our off-season some1 said:

"Hey Bruce do you guys use promises in TTI?"

"Yea."

"Oh we don't do that here."

Now I could have heard wrong(I was writing down my recruits)but I could have sworn I heard this.

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

First off last season I may have made a promise without knowing about the rule my bad, if you remember I joined right when the offseason was going. I cant take that back.

This season I knew about it and made no promises to anyone. I had my son do three weeks of recruiting for me last night while I had to talk with my wife.

I asked him about it and yea he made some so yes there is a problem and yes I knew the rule and yes my son didnt. I can cut the guys no problem, or not use them or whatever.

The point is I didnt do it...but did in a round about way.

You can obviously punish it anyway you like and ill abide by it, but I wont admit to doing anything wrong...except letting a pre teen handle my business. He has a dynasty of his own going and just went about it the same way.

Sorry.

I am only in two leagues Ryno this one and TT1.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

beat him!!!!!

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i know you were in more... MM Rivals i believe... did you quit that one? If you did, it was recently, so im not off base by what i said. I think you even told me once you have a bad habit of getting sucked in to too much activity, especially because you do alot with your kids sports wise.

All im saying, and been saying for years... is don't take on more than you can reasonably handle.... don't you think i would love to be in more than 1 dynasty? But i don't because i can't give it the attention it deserves... that's all im saying.

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yes when I broke my thumb, and we are going to be travelling a ton of the next couple months and just sorta wanted to be only in tradition leagues.

17. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

well this beats the hell out of listening to more of A-Roid.

18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I think the players that his son made promises to should be immediately transfered to Washington.

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Bruce is a straigh up guy since i have known him and i believe him when he says he didn't do it. It's just a misfortunate accident that his kid didn't know the rules so i would say be lienient(sp) and for bruce to make sure his kid knows if he needs help next offseason.

I don't think he should have to cut anyone of them or not play them. just cut some schollies this yr and call it good.

edit:Not to step on your foot Drift, but with the knowledge that his son did it. I think it should be either 1 per promise and no top 50 or 2 per promise with top50.(I personally would go with the first one)

20. JrRawlins

if his son did this which is likely considering he openly told everyone his son was gonna do a few weeks when we were chatting.... i doubt his son check our boards/forums and knows the ruules...... so he should get a pass, but in the future for everyone...the rule should be you use a promise you lose the player.... and maybe some scholarships....

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What are the caliber of players he signed with the promises........anyone good?

Maybe drop half of them.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I know one was a :5stars: ATH. Haven't looked into the rest.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    After some thinking, I have reached a decision.

Bruce, bury those guys on your depth chart if they are not redshirted and then cut them at the end of the season. You may not fill their roster spots, so they still count against your scholarship totals until the start of season 7.

For all that are concerned, Bruce and I had a talk about this. Without diving into his business, something came up and he had let his son take control of the dynasty. His son did not know the rules and just assumed everything goes. Just wanted to clear the air and most importantly Bruce's name. He has been apart of leagues with Ryno and other guys for a long time and has never shown anything besides being a quality member. Just don't want any of you guys to hold something against him.

24. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I am fine with that......time to get back to posting some scores, and talking about how bad Cal is gonna get beat by KState in Week 2.

25. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I'm ok with Bruce and I understand things come up in life and if it was his son helping him out, I completely understand and it makes sense then. Bruce to me seems like a straight up guy and fun to hear talk. Bruce is ok with me, but I think we should make him give the players to Kansas. LOL

Just my 2 cents.

HeHe! :partynanas: