Recruiting Violations Already?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Parrothead, Apr 4, 2010.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Recruiting Violations Already?

Looked through the scholarship offers. Right now, the following violations are occuring:

Texas Tech - Offered 3 5 star guys with a max of 2 (won the BCS title, no rule violations, but did NOT win the conference championship...)

Wisconsin - Offered 2 5 star guys with a max of 1 (no rule violations, but did not win the BCS title or the Big 10...)

Seriously? After week 1? And 1ke, how many times are you going to try this? It seems like this is the 3rd or 4th time you've had too many scholarship offers out there... :mad:

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Penalties for the cheaters!!

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont even remember doing my recruiting if that means anything :confused:. My bad! Ill fix it asap

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

That's whack.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Thought I had 2 to work with. But Ill get rid of him.

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

No need for penalties yet, with no updated thread for season 7 I'm sure it through everyone off just like it did me. Calm down people, it was week one! Besides, we're all trustworthy here, we've shown that time and time again. They'll fix it and we'll be good.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

When we all posted our own scholly's for season 6, there were still violations. Additionally, I put up a thread that listed the extra scholarships that teams had earned outside of what they'd get for their school's prestige levels. Since you can't get a 5 star recruit outside of the "extras," I'd say they were pretty much already posted, wouldn't you?

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Again, relax. You are getting WAY too worked up over this, no one here has showed to be an outright rule breaker and violator thusfar so with maybe two more seasons left this go around I think its safe to say no one will suddenly develop that trait. I mean hell, accidents happen.

That may be posted, but not what we're used to seeing (i.e. our stickied thread) and old habits die hard. But thats neither here nor there, there's just no reason to get so worked up over it, relax, it'll be ok, you posted people were over and they fixed it, its all good now.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm not worked up over it at all. I know it may seem that way since it's a message board and you can't determine other parts of communication that aren't spoken, so I know it's not easy to see that.

That said, I do think it puts those who aren't recruiting the extra guys at a disadvantage. If I threw out scholarships to 5 5 star guys and then someone said I was only supposed to have 2, I'd throw out the 3 that look to be the toughest for me to get at that point. Not saying this is happening, just something that could happen, and the only penalty at this point is losing a 5 star recruit for next season. With this version of the game getting close to its sunset, that makes the penalty less harsh--kind of like getting a life sentence at age 90 versus getting one at age 30.

I know some of the folks in this league are in multiple leagues, so it can very easily be seen how that could mess things up, but it shouldn't happen multiple times. The fact that it has and that it happened in week 1 were things that stood out to me, which is why I posted something about it (that, and the fact that I had a bye and pretty much nothing to do--haha), and not because I was worked up about it.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree with this whole thread.

:)

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sorry guys....I got rid of the extra guy. I really did think I had 2.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

exactly.

Guys, its getting to that really tough stretch for me and its hard to keep track of everything, and it helps that everyone has proven that they are trustworthy.

Regulate yourselves, and let's just have some fun.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Regulators mount up!!!